17 - Chat Blanc

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Chat!" Marinette cried, watching the hero bound over roofs.

He froze, turning to see Marinette, fists clenched uncertainly as she stared up at him. Straightening, Chat Blanc smirked down at Marinette.

"Hey, Marinette." He called, waving.

"Come here!" Marinette commanded.

"Marinette what're you doing?" Alya hissed.

"Shush." Marinette commanded, watching as Chat considered the proposition.

He smirked again, lowering his baton. "Grab on." He said simply, watching as Marinette rubbed her palms together, grabbing the smooth pole.

Seconds later, Marinette was on the roof, looking up at Chat. She detested the height difference, but it was an upgrade from being on the ground. "Stop this." Marinette commanded.

"Stop what?" He asked, cocking his head to one side.

"This. Being an Akuma. Isn't that what you're against?" Marinette asked.

"Chat Noir is the Akuma fighter." Chat Blanc corrected.

And Chat Noir is Adrien. Because wasn't that who had gotten akumatized? Marinette reminded herself, cringing. "You're the same person, and you've got to stop-" Marinette was cut off by Chat, pressing a finger to her lips.

"The police force... is here." Chat said, smiling at Marinette.

She was cut off as Chat grabbed her and started running away. "Put me down!" Marinette cried, feeling herself come to a sudden halt as Chat landed atop the Eiffel tower.

"As you wish, princess." Chat teased, putting Marinette down.

She stumbled back a few steps, clutching the beams of the tower tightly. "I didn't want it to happen this way." Marinette said simply.

"What?" Chat asked, practically dancing as he lazily pulled himself from spot to spot.

"This. Tikki, Spots On!" Marinette called, feeling her body grow strong with Tikki's power, pure energy pumping through her veins.

"What- you're- Ladybug?" Chat asked, appalled.

"Get over it. Time to stop you, Akuma." Ladybug commanded, whipping out her yo-yo.

"Akuma, huh? Not old friend? Nope. I'm just a problem, aren't I?" Chat asked bitterly, finally extending his baton.

"Chat Blanc is not my friend. Chat Noir is." Ladybug said, preparing for the first hit.

Out came Chat's baton, smacking Marinette square in the side. "Best you can do?" Ladybug teased, grabbing the baton and effectively pulling both heroes into a mid-air battle.

Out came the weaponry, attacking and defending as they fell. "You're going to die!" Chat called out over the wind.

Ladybug didn't respond, but she watched as the ground drew closer and closer. "Thanks!" She yelled.

"For what?" Chat spat, taking another swing at Ladybug.

"For taking all those hits for me. I'll take the last one."

"The last... hit?" Chat asked, eyes widening as his suit began deteriorating to black leather.

"It was a pleasure." Ladybug cried, tears stinging her eyes as she threw her entire body into wrapping her yo-yo around Chat and flinging him over the River Seine, watching as he realized what was happening. "No!" He yelled, flailing as he tried to pull Ladybug with him.

Marinette shut her eyes and braced for impact.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro