Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"I'm sorry." Lew said apologetically the next morning, "I know the ingredients, but I need time to find them and fix it all up."

"It's cool." Alya answered, tying her hair up in a messy bun.

Marinette broke into a yawn. "How much time do you need, Lew?"

"I can't say for sure. But at least a few days."

Nino scratched the back of his neck and sucked air between his teeth. "Alright then." He shrugged, "Guess we're gonna be stuck here for a while."

"I just hope there won't be another akuma attack." Brie said worriedly, "I saw the news. People are coming up with theories and bringing up myths from ancient history to explain the attack yesterday. The woman is insisting that she got possessed."

"I'm surprised they don't know about Paris' heroes." Chloe said, grabbing the cereal box, "I mean, don't they have international news or something?"

"I need to head down to the market." Lew said, unhooking the keys on the door, "Do what you want. Just be careful."

Brie looked at the others as soon as the door shut. "So... It's a Sunday and I don't have work. What do you guys fancy doing?"

(In Causeway Bay)

(A/N: so lemme enlighten y'all. Causeway Bay is crowded with shopping malls, people standing on top of each other, lots of cars and entertainment. There's also a park nearby called Victoria Park.)

Chloe was thrilled. Her friends and her doing the one thing she loved the most... shopping. She led the group from store to store, giggling like a little girl surrounded by her favourite toys.

Nino stayed close to Adrien, feeling like a bodyguard. Hands in his cargo pants pockets, he was fascinated by the enhanced technology in Hong Kong.

Alya started recording videos with her trusty video camera. No one questioned why she had kept it in her bag the whole time... but then again, it's Alya. "I want us to remember this trip and this is the best way to do it... smile guys!"

Brie was still shy around them. She covered herself with her black hoodie and smiled at the heroes reactions. She was absolutely delighted to have met the group, to finally get to talk to someone about the Miraculouses without breaking any rules. Yet she wondered how it was like... to be her age, and carry such a burden.

Adrien and Marinette were in a world of their own. No one except them knew about what happened last night. They stole glances at each other, their eyes speaking more than what their mouths could. Marinette was uneasy. Adrien regretted leaving the apartment... but no matter how much it hurt, he wanted to be with his lady.

Alya was obviously the first to sense the tension between them. The awkward smile Marinette gave the camera, the way Adrien stared off to space when Alya asked him to hold the camera bag for her, it all pointed to it.

After an hour of exploring, the group decided to see a movie. And of course Chloe's credit card hasn't ran out after the mountain of gadgets Nino bought.

Alya finally found an opportunity to talk to Marinette when they went to the bathroom before the movie started.

"Marinette." Alya started, washing her hands, "What's been up with you? You've been so tense lately. Loosen up! We're just chillin' today."

Marinette shook her head. "You don't understand."

Alya frowned. "You haven't even told me what's happening between you and pretty boy Agreste. Are you guys not a couple yet? Cause like, I need you guys to get together..."

"It's complicated."

"Marinette!" Alya wined.

"Look, Alya." Marinette gritted her teeth, "If you haven't noticed, a lot has happened. Too much has happened. I don't get why you're not worried. You're telling me to chill? How do you even sleep at a time like this? And is a time of war the best time to date?"

Alya held up her hands as a surrender, taken back by the sudden outburst. "Geez. You woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

"I don't need this right now." Marinette said bluntly, before exiting the bathroom promptly.

I apologise for the short chapter. I have a ton of homework. Will update soon <3

Bug out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro