Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dear father, I graduated just less than two hours ago. And Nathalie is taking me and a couple of my friends on a college tour the day after tomorrow. I'm writing this, because you weren't there to witness your son walk up the stage. I'm not a child anymore, Father. And I owe it all to my best friends.

Adrien turned around when he heard a soft knock behind him.

"Alya and the others are here." Marinette called, "Can we come up?"

"Yeah." Adrien opened the trapdoor for them.

"I heard it's your first time having a sleepover." Alya said to him, placing the cookies on the floor and collapsing in a nearby beanbag.

"Yup." Adrien grinned, taking a cookie, "It's gonna be great."

"I call dips on the last cookie!" Nino practically screamed.

Chloe hushed him then laughed, throwing her sleeping bag on the floor. "You already had three the second we walked in!"

Marinette closed the trapdoor behind her and the kwamis flew out of hiding. Trixx threw a pillow at Plagg, who dodged with ease.

"You almost got me caught downstairs!" Trixx scolded.

"You sound like Tikki." Plagg whined, "You're all no fun." He was so busy complaining, he didn't notice the second pillow hauled at him, this time from Tikki.

"I love your room Marinette." Pollen smiled, "The color coding is great."

"Thanks." Marinette stroked her head, then turned to the other kwamis. "You guys can fight on my bed, just don't go breaking anything."

Trixx, Tikki and Plagg flew up with no hesitation. Wayzz shook his green head.

"Children." He sighed, "Pollen is the only one behaved." Pollen hugged him.

"I don't mind having some fun just for today." She said, grabbing hold of him and dragging him up.

The heroes laughed and huddled up in their own circle on the floor.

You probably don't remember them. Nino, Alya, Chloe and Marinette. I'm so proud of them, how much they've grown with me. We're all so different in our own way, with our own stories and personalities. But we've always been our best when we're together.

The five spent their time playing video games and slacking each other off. Marinette's parents keep popping in to see how things were going. It was obvious they were tremendously happy for the group. They are some of the most important people in Marinette's life. When it got later into the night, they spent five minutes up on the balcony, but decided it was a bit too cold. The night has picked up wind. And that's when Chloe made the best suggestion.

"I say we all take a tour around Paris." She smirked, "You get me?"

Marinette made sure her parents were asleep before agreeing.

Father, when you were away, I fell in love with someone. You might remember her for winning some of your fashion design competitions. She is unbelievably talented, unbelievably kind, unbelievably selfless. And she has showed me what a true love feels like.

Adrien let himself be enveloped with a bright electrifying green light. When he opened his eyes, all his friends were transformed. He grabbed hold of Ladybug's hand, just out of habit. She gazed up at him and gave his hand a playful squeeze.

One by one, they launched themselves off the balcony, with Alya shouting at the top of her lungs "last one to the Eiffel Tower is a rotten apple!"

Chat laughed heartily and let go of his lady so they could run free. She leaped across the rooftops and swung from structure to structure, like a gust of red weaving through the streets of their city. Her hair, originally ready for bed, flowed with the wind, no hair bands holding it back. Her eyes, beautiful blue, sparkled even brighter in the night. Chat would've stared longer but he knew he'd get so lost in her that he'll probably lose his footing in a heartbeat.

There are literally not enough words in the English vocabulary to describe how incredible she is. She is the best thing that's ever happened to me, Father. You can't stop me from being with her. Literally nothing can stop it.

Rena, quick her feet, was the first to get there. She waved playfully at them. The view has always taken her breath away, and tonight was no exception. She spread her arms out and closed her eyes, letting the wind take her off to paradise. She was at the top of the World! Everything looked so small and the scattered lights reminded her of how much Paris meant to her. To make things better, she giggled when a pair of arms sneaked around her waist and pulled her back.

"You're too close to the edge." Carapace told her.

"But that's what makes it better!" Rena argued, taking his hand, "Come on."

Carapace, obviously weary, let her lead him forward. He has gotten so much braver over the years of being a superhero. Not to mention the twenty-four seven company of his fearless girlfriend. He has battled monsters and brought the injured to safety. But heights is another story.

Rena held his hand tightly, sensing his uneasiness. "Hey. You're alright." She whispered, "Close your eyes."

Carapace obeyed and exhaled, letting himself relax and focusing on the pressure of Rena leaning against his shoulder.

I have learnt, that people aren't always what they seem to be. People change, sometimes to good, sometimes to bad. People hide, from their own feelings and their own fears. People mask the truth, afraid of how the world would react to it. I used to be guilty of this. But now I know my worth, what it means to love myself. You can't live with fear. Fear doesn't protect you from anything! True strength is accepting that we are vulnerable, accepting change, accepting that not everything goes our way. And letting the people around you see who you truly are inside.

Queen Bee watched the happy couple from a distance. It was a funny feeling, knowing that a few months ago, she would've been overwhelmed with jealously, the desire to have someone who loved her. She laughed, sitting down at the edge herself.

Who is more capable of loving her than herself?

She didn't need anyone to tell her she's enough. Man, it felt good to share her life with these people. They gave her a chance to prove herself to be more than just the Chloe at school who complained and whined about everything under the sun. And she was glad she took it. She took a picture of the view with the camera she had brought to the sleepover, making a mental note to send it to Brie when they got back. Brie was the first person to see her as the new and improved Chloe. And it had meant the world to Queen Bee, and she could not stop thinking about her. For the first time in a while, she was ridiculously happy.

Therefore, Father, I made a decision. It has taken a while for me to understand what you have done. To me, to my friends and the whole of Paris. It hasn't been easy, knowing that all the answers were just a few floors down from my own bedroom. Mother is still fighting her condition, and a very good Chinese doctor is helping her. I haven't found the courage to see you behind bars yet. Cause deep down, no matter what, you are still my father. And it's terrifying to see you like that.

Chat reached over to Ladybug and caressed her face. A rush of heat and color flooded her cheeks. She got on her toes and kissed him. Every kiss felt just like the first one. Refreshing, invigorating and electrifying. But more familiar and less awkward. Chat let out a little sigh of content.

Ladybug pulled back and smiled. How much did she owed the world, for her family, for her friends, for her miraculous, for this boy who was kissing the living daylights out of her? What an adventure it has been. Life works its mysterious ways and it always ends up perfectly. It drawn to her that they were still young. They had just graduated high school! There will be many more nights like this and she couldn't wait. The future looked so bright from up here.

Despite everything, I want to concentrate on the day you allowed me to attend school, Father. Because that day changed my life in the most beautiful way possible. If you had said no, my life would have been very very different. So thank you. And before I come visit you sometime...

Chat and Ladybug took a seat between Queen Bee and Rena in front of the sparkling lights of Paris. Ladybug put her arm around Queen Bee, who turned to her, smiling with tears in her eyes.

"It's so beautiful."

Ladybug wasn't sure if she was talking about the view, or just the experience in general. Either way, she couldn't agree more. The five leaned against the comfort of each other, Rena stealing another peck on Carapace's lips. They remained quiet, enjoying the company of the team. The secret they shared was beautiful.

I want you to know, Father, I made the decision...

Ladybug squeezed his hand.

to forgive you.

The. Freakin. End.
[9/16/2019]

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro