[4] Giver

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Can I go out?"

Emily collected the steel bowl from me and glanced at the woman beside her.

My eyes fell on the green-eyed beauty. Her hair were chestnut with face holding blankness. She was the first person I had seen after waking up.

Sitting there near my bed, she was observing me sleeping. Since then, she hadn't spoken a word to anyone. Later, Emily entered with the hot soup. Both watched me sipping it while my gaze didn't move off the newly bandaged knees of mine.

The bedsheets were replaced by a thin blanket underneath my body. I was naked again under the furs.

Just as the glimpses of last night entered my mind, the fear started crawling back along.

"With those knees?" The new woman spoke finally. She had a velvety voice and yet no smile on her face. Her eyes were so blank as if my situation was not pitiful enough for her. "Especially after what you did last night."

She wasn't wearing tight braids, instead the hair were wet and down.

I blinked, glancing at Emily who was staring down at the Ruby on my neck.

"I did what every abducted girl should do here," I whispered lowly, feeling the dryness around my eyes. I was fed up of sitting nearly naked in front of strangers. Amelia had removed the bedsheet from my body after treating the wounds, last night.

"What do ya think? No one tried that before? Once, twice or thousand times?" The woman said, raising her voice, clenching her jaws. "You were no one new to do that. But you are human."

My nostrils flared in mild anger as my stomach churned at her words. I looked at her with a small sad smile on my face. "Someone finally acknowledged what I am," I said, chuckling sadly. "What I actually am."

"Why won't I?" She said, looking at me. "Southern pack was made from a human. Having a human sent from that pack is no surprise to me. You must have been too weak to shift."

"Right," I muttered sarcastically. I gulped when the sudden realization hit me hard. "You are an outsider too," I exclaimed in the low tone, making her smile tightly.

She glanced at Emily and looked back at me. "Not anymore. I am of this pack, now. Just like you will be after tonight's rituals." Slowly her nostrils flared, she showed me the anger in her eyes. "So does every other bride that comes in. They all try to resist, to run away. But you're human. The injuries you would get by trying will get you killed."

"A better idea than marrying some creepy monster," I muttered while lowering my eyes at my lap.

"What does that mean?" Emily asked innocently.

I looked at her in blankness, observing her genuine curiosity. Shaking my head in trauma, I blinked slowly.

"It is for your own good, I am telling you this. Do not resist," the woman said, making me look at her. She flared her nostrils again as if controlling her urge to say more words. "Just obey them and you won't die. You won't be hated. You won't be hurt."

"When did you give up?" I asked her, my voice shaking on its own, shocking me.

She chuckled humorlessly, her eyes giving me the same blankness again. She shook her head.

"They all give up, Misty. You'll give up too if you manage to stay alive."

Shivers went down my spine.

"Are you Alvena?" I asked quietly, hating my weak voice. I couldn't control the urge to cry.

"She awaits meeting you too," said the woman, making me bite my tongue. "I am Nysa, Robin's mate."

My eyebrows raised and immediately narrowed at her. "You are an outsider. Right? Which pack are you from?"

Nysa gave me the stern look. "Do you mean my father's pack?" She asked tauntingly.

I glanced at Emily who blinked knowingly. 

"The West," answered the woman while getting up from her chair. "My Uncle was the Beta there and then, his son. I was the only sister. Solely made for Oblivion. But here, I will be your sister."

"Beta Louis," I mumbled, filling her eyes with surprise. "He has a boy and a girl. His brother, Jimmy has pups too. My Uncle rules that pack."

Her eyes widened slightly and immediately went back to being stern. Her nostrils flared and jaws clenched. "You are Rudy's niece."

I glanced at Emily who was now taking the bowl and spoon out of the room, all of a sudden. It seemed suspicious as if she wanted to give us privacy.

I nodded at the woman. "Malina's daughter. My mother is the Luna of Southern pack." I told her, melting all of her cold wall that she was trying to put on again. "And that is your Alpha Rudy."

Nysa smiled humorlessly. "Mine is Alpha Kingston and so is yours. Rudy won't even remember your name after two years. Brother Kingston will worship the ground you walk on, if you give him what this pack needs."

It sounded like an order rather than an advice. I was infuriated by her insanity, her loser attitude. As if she just gave up and forgot her family. Submitting to Kingston was such respectful job for her even when she knew what Lycans did to Alpha Rucus and his pack.

"You know what they did. Didn't you?" I asked in a shaky whisper, my eyes holding the fear of getting eavesdropped. Looking at her, I added, "The ancestors. They massacred the—"

"The descendants didn't carry the sins too," she replied immediately, cutting me to the edge. Giving me the intimidating look, she got up too. "Do not dare think of pulling that try again. They are not familiar with 'patience'."

I zigzagged my jaws in utter exhaustion. I did sleep for hours but I was tired of waking up on this bed repeatedly.

"I have three beautiful pups and life is magic. Please your mate and Goddess will shower harmony," she said coldly. "Don't talk about the history with any other again. You should be thankful I am letting this go because I understand your pain. Amelia is no outsider, Misty."

Blinking through my glossy eyes, I looked away. Glancing back at her, she leaned closer and looked straight in my eyes.

"Never underestimate the anger of a Lycan female."

Gritting my teeth, I observed my blurry vision.

"And Amelia is the Luna," she added while touching my cheek. "But I will be the elder sister you need whenever you miss home. Time heals every kind of pain, Misty. Loving your mate is the only way of healing."

She raised herself back slowly, removing the hand off my cheek.

Footsteps occurred and my eyes flew to the entrance of the big room.

Chill ran down my spine when Amelia's icy blue eyes grabbed me in a heated gaze. Goosebumps risen on my arms when she walked around the bed, and stood three steps away, standing taller than Nysa.

"Had the first sister-talk, you too?" She asked while observing my face, forcing me to lower my gaze.

"Talked about families through the pain," replied Nysa while giving me the knowing tight smile. "A giver."

"Good," said Amelia while nodding at Emily, Reveka and two other girls, I hadn't seen before. "Yeah, giving us the next Alpha."

I closed my eyes, feeling the shake of my bones and the blood running cold inside. Restlessness fought with fear while anger was fighting with uncertainty.

"Reveka." The voice was laced with authority. Amelia gave her the eye and took the little wooden thing from her daughter. The dark brown polished box seemed vintage.

All the girls and Nysa watched quietly as she pulled out three wooden sitting knee-height stools, making me frown.

"Meet your new Aunt." Nysa said while pushing the girl forward so she could observe me fully. "Alluring. Isn't she?"

The girl smiled when I looked at her properly. Her face was a replica of her mother except for the brown hair. Hers were dark, might be like her father.

"Yes." The girl said in the softest voice. "I am Stella."

I stayed quiet, trying to show them my anger and pain though the blankness.

The girl continued while gesturing for her friend. Nysa smiled slightly while patting the girl's braided head. "This is Janine, our Beta's youngest daughter."

The girl had a faint injury mark on her one eyelid. Yet she was as beautiful as Stella was. All of them were slimmer than Emily. Reveka had the eldest kind of aura, making her look intriguing for a reason. But Janine had the most beautiful dark eyes that suited her long lashes and wheat-ish skin perfectly.

"Welcome to the pack. . ." She hesitated while Nysa huffed slightly.

"The name's Misty." She told the girl who nodded and passed on a tight awkward smile.

"Stella!" Amelia spoke out loud. "Help me spread this up. While Reveka, why don't you help Nysa."

Reveka nodded while Stella started putting the stools in line. My eyes narrowed when she decorated the two stools around one.

My heart dropped in uncertainty.

Nysa walked around the bed and nodded. "Come, get off the bed. It's time."

"What time?" I asked in sudden fear.

Reveka pulled out the white bedsheet from the wooden cupboard and gave it to me. "Wrap it around."

I looked at them fearfully. "No. Why? What are you doing? What's happening?" I said hurriedly.

Amelia looked up from the box and gave me the stern glare. "Punishment for what you did last night. We keep the balance here. So you learn your lesson. Get off the bed before I come there and pull you by the hair!" Her tone raised, making me gasp silently.

Everyone quietened while I breathed shakily in utter terror. What was she going to do to me?

"I won't do it again," I said while clutching the furs tight to my chest. "Please." I closed my eyes and kept praying. "Please."

"Misty, obey." Nysa spoke in my ear while grabbing the blanket and tugging on it.

"No," I said, panicking. Tears fell through the corner of my eyes as I whimpered hard. "No. What will you do to me? Please. I won't do it again. Please don't hurt me."

"Aunt Misty, take the bedshe—"

"I am not your Aunt!" I screamed at her again.

All of them gasped except for Nysa who shook her head at me and Amelia who was glaring at me.

"Nysa," said the Luna through clenched jaws.

That one calling was a sign for them to jump on me.

Nysa pulled the blanket harshly from me, while I let out a loud scream in utter humiliation, covering myself from their eyes.

Reveka threw the bedsheet on the foot of the bed closer to the woman. While Nysa tugged on my foot harshly, making me slide down the bed to reach her hold.

Grabbing my wrist, she pulled me up to stand while I kept screaming and fighting against her advances.

"Rebel and I will cut all of your hair!" Nysa said loudly while glaring at me.

"No! Let me go!" I cried while trying to push her hands off my wrist.

Reveka reached us and spread the bedsheet over my back from under my arms, making me cry loudly.

"What are you doing! Let me go!" I sobbed while trying to make a run for the corner of the wall.

Nysa and Reveka, both grabbed my wrists after wrapping the sheet around me properly. When I still resisted by denying to walk ahead, Amelia nodded at Emily.

Seeing her tall form walking towards us made me more scared. Emily grabbed my feet like it was no big deal in a blink, pulling me off the cold floor.

"No! Let me go!" I sobbed loudly, while moving my arms to get them free.

Amelia laughed tauntingly as the three women brought me closer to her, holding me up in the air.

"No!" I screamed as Nysa and Reveka made me sit on the stool in the middle, forcefully.

Reveka and Emily staggered behind while Nysa sat on the empty stool beside Amelia, both giving me harsh glares.

"Please, let me go." I pleaded while looking at them. "Please, I need to go back home. My Gran is old—"

"But this one's new." Amelia said, taking out a straight dagger from the box, making my heart reach my mouth.

My legs started shaking while I shook my head. "No. No. No. Please Amelia. . ."

"Call me sister!" She shouted angrily, flashing the big knife while nudging Nysa.

I gasped and widened my eyes in fright when Nysa shifted her stool closer than mine. She grabbed my writhing elbows and shoulder, making me look at them.

"What are you doing?" I cried helplessly.

"Punishment," said Amelia flaring her nostrils at me.

Nysa pushed back the hair from my face, wiping my tears. "It won't take much time. But you will have to calm down. This will pass."

"What are you going to do?" I choked out in hurt. "Please, Nysa. Sister. Please," I said, bursting out in tears. "Let me go!" I sobbed while covering my face helplessly.

"Show me your face. Look at me. It won't take much time," said Nysa while removing the hands off my face.

Weeping hard, she nodded at me in understanding. "Just sit calm and silent. Look, your nieces are watching. Learning from you. A lesson. This is important, Misty. We are your big sisters. It's for your own good," she said softly, making me sniffle hard.

"Please don't hurt me," I squeaked out through the sobs. "My hair. . . Please don't cut my hair. . ."

She collected her lips and touched my chin. Correcting my sniffling face, she nodded. "Stay that way or you might lose your eyes."

My heart shrank in fright.

"I dare you to move. I will pick out an eye myself," said Amelia while bringing the pointy end of the dagger closer to my right eye, leaving an inch barely.

I didn't move. I didn't breathe.

Moving my scared eyes around the room, Emily was standing behind Reveka. Stella and Janine were holding hands while looking at this fascinating scene.

Tears slid down my cheeks. Nysa twitched her lips while wiping them instantly. "Stop them or it will take more time."

"You understand?" Amelia added sternly while keeping the pointy end closer to my eye. I literally could see the shiny end zoomed in.

Heart started pounding to hurt my ribs when Nysa took something from the box and looked at my cheeks again.

"Easy. Don't move. Stop breathing," she cooed while wiping my left cheek again. "In a blink, it will be over."

I stared up at the ceiling with one eye in extreme terror.

Amelia slowly moved the knife back just when Nysa grabbed the left wing of my nose all of a sudden.

I whimpered slowly and let out a scream when something pierced hard through my skin, sending the pain down from my nose to whole of my face. Sudden intrusion was felt at the nostril, I screamed and let out the loudest wail.

Nysa kept rolling the pin until something cold was touching my nose wing properly.

The last scream escaped and she backed away, leaving my face and nose, creating pain all over my chin because of her tight hold.

"Huh! Like butter!" Amelia said enthusiastically, patting my shaking shoulder. "Done, females. It's done."

Nysa and the girls chuckled while I bent my head and sobbed hard.

Sniffling brought pain as the weight of left nose wing had increased. Pain was jolting like thousand needles. I couldn't touch my face in horror of what just happened. I couldn't even cry with full open mouth anymore. It was hurting more.

Weeping in hurt of how they manhandled, controlled me and now, did something to my body without my consent—I couldn't breathe.

"Give her the soup before she catches a fever. The hole makes place and it aches in the head for a day or two," said Amelia while getting up and grabbing my writhing form from underarms.

Nysa helped with the other arm while I couldn't move my knees anymore.

It didn't hurt like this when Gran got my ears pierced with the piercing gun. I wanted to die crying wholeheartedly. No words were coming out of my mouth.

Only sobs. Silent and shaky sobs.

"Off you go, females. And if Karam finds you, keep him wondering." Amelia warned sternly, making the girls nod and leave the room.

I struggled to breathe through the painful gasps as they both laid me back on the bed, covering me with the furs.

"I will bring the herb to soothe the pain and soup while you try to sleep." Nysa said while leaving the room hurriedly.

Sniffled escaped me. Tears slid from the corners of eyes to the loose hair.

Amelia put her hand on my burning forehead.

"Sleep, Foxy. The pain will go away. Do not forget to thank me for the heavenly enhancement to that pretty face."

I blinked through the blurry vision, gasping painfully. My nose was aching like nothing before. As if someone had cut and took the nose wing away.

A last sob escaped before she forced her palm over my eyes, making me close them.

"Sleep. The Rituals await you."

________

"What do you think?"

Please vote and comment.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro