29 - You've Got Me

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Rosie

As the Hogwarts Express chugged out of London, I wandered through the carriages looking for somewhere to sit. I decided to avoid Harry this time; I wasn't in the mood to endure another one of his tirades about Draco.

So I was relieved when I came across a compartment occupied by Hermione. As I entered, I noticed she was comforting a distressed looking Ginny.

"Is everything OK?" I asked, concerned.

Ginny shook her head and I noticed, with horror, tears springing to her eyes. Hermione immediately put her arms around her as Ginny sobbed into her lap.

"They burned her house down on Christmas Day." Hermione explained quietly.

"Oh my god! Who did? And why?!" I thought of the Burrow - the beautiful Burrow, that kindly Molly and Arthur Weasley welcomed me in to before.

"Death Eaters." Hermione said darkly as my stomach plummeted. "They were after Harry."

Oh god, no no no! I screamed internally.

"Who?" I managed to squeak out.

"Bellatrix." Draco's aunt.

"Is everyone OK?" I asked fearfully. My stomach was doing somersaults and I felt sick.

"Yes, everyone managed to get out OK," Ginny, who had risen from Hermione's lap, spoke, wiping her eyes. "And they didn't manage to capture Harry. But - but our home..." she trailed off as a fresh wave of tears filled her eyes.

I sank back in my seat, horrified. This is what Death Eaters do, I thought, shivering. And I was helping one. But Draco isn't like that. I thought about the Cabinet and the purpose of him fixing it. I had no idea what Voldemort's plan was, but it was going to be bad.

A little voice in my head told me I needed to take this to Dumbledore - it's far to big a thing for Draco or myself to deal with.

But I had promised Draco and he trusted me. I felt so scared - for myself, for my friends. For Draco.  

My stomach fluttered as the train pulled into Hogwarts. It had been a long two weeks and I was anxious to see Draco again.

All the returnees went straight to the Great Hall where dinner was awaiting us. I said my goodbyes to Hermione and Ginny and I immediately scanned the Slytherin table as I approached. I felt a stab of disappointment when I could not find the familiar white-blonde hair.

Quickly shovelling down my food, I left and hurried down to the dungeons, dragging my trunk behind me. I was now desperate to see him again, desperate for it not all to have been some crazy dream.

The common room held a few Slytherins as I stepped inside. And over by the fireplace, there sat Draco Malfoy, with Blaise Zabini and, of course, Crabbe and Goyle.

Draco looked exhausted still. The others were chatting and laughing around him, but I noticed he seemed to be a million miles away. He looked pained. Sad.

All I wanted to do right then was march right up to him, throw my arms around him and tell him that everything was going to be alright. I wondered if he knew about what his aunt had got up to over Christmas.

But I couldn't. Not in here in front of everyone.

As I walked past, Draco looked up and our eyes met. His features immediately softened and he gave me the tiniest of smiles. My heart leapt and I couldn't help but smile back. I had to avert my gaze quickly as I felt the heat rise to my cheeks and the smile would not leave my face.

At the corner of my eye, I saw him stand up.

"Where are you off?" I heard Blaise enquire.

"Just remembered somewhere I've got to be." He muttered. My pulse raced as our eyes met again.

He was going to the Room of Requirement.

I couldn't dump my trunk quick enough. As soon as I dropped it at the end of my bed, I span on my heel and launched myself back out into the common room, out through the exit, and into the corridor.

I hadn't made it far when all of a sudden someone grabbed my arm and I found myself being dragged behind a suit of armour into a hidden gap in the wall.

"I couldn't wait any longer to do this to you." Draco growled as he pushed me up against the wall and crashed his lips down on mine.

Every inch of my body writhed in ecstasy as I kissed him back, wrapping my arms tightly around him, my hands grasping at him urgently, trying to pull his body in to mine as much as was physically possible.

I could hardly catch my breath when he broke the kiss, resting his forehead against mine.

"I missed you." He whispered hoarsely, his eyes dilated with desire.

"I missed you too." I breathed, panting heavily.

He caught my lips back in his, but this time with a gentle, lingering kiss which caused my whole body to tremble.

Approaching footsteps broke us apart, and we both stilled as they passed by. Once they had faded we both sighed with relief.

"As fun as this," I whispered, grinning. "We need to be more careful or someone will catch us."

Something flickered across Draco's face. I couldn't work out what, it seemed to be worry or even fear.

"You go on ahead." He said, whilst quickly checking the corridor for me. "I'll follow in ten minutes."

He pressed his lips against my forehead before ushering me out.

She was like elixir to him. No matter how down he felt, she had a way of bringing him up, of making life seem beautiful again.

Draco couldn't help but smile when he saw her waiting for him, sitting on the floor, absorbed in a dusty old book she must have found lying about in the room somewhere.

He walked quietly towards her, trying not to look at the Cabinet to the side of her - the sight of it was starting to make him feel sick. The fear of what it represented had started to consume him, and, right now, he needed the relief only Rosie could provide for him.

He sank down to the floor besides her. She didn't lift her eyes from the page.

"Good book?" He smirked, trying to read over her shoulder.

"Hey!" She pushed him playfully away, laughing.

Draco felt a warmth rise up inside him. He loved hearing her laugh.

Rosie put the book down and gave him her full attention. "How was your Christmas?"

He shrugged, staring down at the floor. What could he say? That it was hell - long drawn out days working on a task that was seeming more impossible by the minute? That every day was so bloody lonely when she was not there?

She suddenly reached over and touched the back of his hand. He instinctively turned it over and clasped her hand in his.

"Draco...?" She whispered, her voice full of concern.

His eyes found hers and his heart hammered in his chest. He could have drowned in their beauty.

"You've got me." She breathed. "Always."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro