31 - Just call me a Mudblood

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Rosie

"What was that about?" I rounded on Draco as soon as he entered the Room of Requirement, where I had been waiting.

Draco didn't say anything, just heaved a heavy sigh as he pulled his jacket off, tossing it carelessly to the floor.

"Did Snape give you detention?" I asked, hoping to get a response this time.

"No." He sank to the floor, looking agitated.

"Why did you hit Theo? Draco, what's going on?" I asked rather desperately this time.

"He was saying things... about you."

I sat down opposite him, exhaling slowly. "Draco, you shouldn't have hit him. He's going to know there's something going on."

"I couldn't help it! The things he was saying."

"It doesn't matter! What - did he call me a Mudblood? So what?! I've spent years hearing that, it's not like it's new." I noticed Draco flinching slightly at my words.

"I know what it could mean for you if this ever got out." I continued. "I know what I am. And what you are."

He closed his eyes and sighed. "I hate this. I hate that we have to hide like this."

"So do I," I swallowed. "But we can't. He'll kill you." I jumped up, hiding a tear that had unwittingly sprang to my eye.

"It has to be this way." I said, pacing next to him. "Outside of this room I'm nothing to you. When the rest of the Slytherins start calling me a Mudblood then so do you."

He looked up at me, startled. "No-"

"Yes, Draco. If necessary, you look me in the eye and call me a Mudblood, in front of everyone. I won't care - I know you won't mean it. And it will keep you safe."

"No! I don't-"

"YES, DRACO!" I shouted, cutting him off again. I needed to make him understand. "You call me a Mudblood. You can do it - it's not like you haven't had enough practice."

Draco jumped up on to his feet looking horrified. "I hate myself for that, you must know."

"Do you know when I first heard that word; Mudblood?" I continued angrily, ignoring him. "From your very own lips. That first night when I was welcomed so warmly into Slytherin."

He started to reach out towards me. "Rosie-"

"Don't act like you can't call me a Mudblood anymore." I spat, pulling away from him.

"I can't, Rosie."

"YES. YOU. CAN!" I roared, frustrated that he didn't understand. "GO ON! JUST BLOODY WELL CALL ME A FILTHY MUDBLOOD!"

"I love you."

I froze - not quite sure I heard him right. "You- you...?"

"I can't call you that, because I love you, Rosie."

I stared at him, my heart beating rapidly in my chest. His silver grey eyes pierced into mine and I saw that they were full of sincerity.

"Draco..." I was lost for words. I wasn't expecting this. But I already knew how I felt, and suddenly I realised there was only one thing I wanted to say back to him.

"I love you too."

We both stood, staring at one another, breathing heavily. And the next second we had come together, arms thrown around each other in a fierce embrace, our lips crashing together as we hungrily kissed each other.

We pulled apart, panting. He rested his chin on my the top of my head, one hand stroking through my hair, the other wrapped around my waist, holding me tightly to him.

"God, Rosie." He breathed, kissing my hair.

I clung my arms tighter around him, nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck.

"Stay with me tonight." I whispered.

He didn't answer, but gently took my hand and led me over to the array of cushions where we would often lay together. He undressed me slowly, kissing every inch of my bare skin as he did. I shivered in pleasure at his touch, wanting more and never getting enough.

We spent the night lying in each other's arms, the Vanishing Cabinet looming over our sleeping, entwined bodies.

"What's going to happen?" Rosie murmured, her head lying on Draco's chest.

It was the following morning and sunlight streamed through the windows across their bodies. For the first time, they had spent the entire night in the Room of Requirement. An extremely risky move, Draco knew, as both their absences could easily be reported. However, he couldn't bring himself to part from her last night after she had asked him to stay.

"What do you mean?" Draco asked, but really he knew what she meant. What's going to happen once the Cabinet is fixed?

He stroked Rosie's hair as he contemplated his answer. He couldn't lie to her, but he also knew it wouldn't safe for either of them if he told her about the plan.

"Are you going to be safe?" She lifted her head, turning to meet his eyes.

His heart contracted. She cared about him. He still couldn't believe that after everything, she returned his love. I love you too, she had said last night. He didn't deserve it.

"I don't know." He answered honestly.

He couldn't bear to see the sadness that suddenly filled her eyes. He turned his head away in shame, wishing he could say something -anything, to make her feel better.

"Promise me something," She whispered. He looked back at her, questioningly. "Promise me that you will do everything you can to protect yourself."

A lump formed in his throat, and he struggled to make it disappear.

"I promise."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro