Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Are you sure about this? If you don't want to see her, I can tell her that." Jungkook said as he pulled the curtains open to let the sunlight flood into the room.

You couldn't help but to flinch a bit once the bright light hit both of your eyes.

"It's okay, I want to listen what she wants to tell me." You smiled brightly like sunshine.

Though you seemed calm with that bright smile on your face, Jungkook could sense that you were actually a bit nervous inside. He was nervous too, as he had no idea why Areum wanted to see you all of a sudden. And the fact that his wife would be meeting his ex just sounded so wrong to him.

Shrugging the thoughts off, he slowly made his way to you and seated himself beside you on the bed.

He took his hand out and gently touched the bandage on your forehead, "Does it still hurt?" he asked.

A small smile gradually grew on your face as you shook your head, "Not really."

He smiled back as a response and gently pinched your cheek. As a reply to his touch, you softly squeezed his adorable nose.

Just when the two of you were going to have a sweet moment together, someone knocked on the door. He quickly got off from the bed along with a sigh before walking to the door to check.

The visitor had arrived.

Jungkook didn't say anything at the sight of her. He opened the door wide and gestured her to come in. Her eyes met his, but the look that he gave was cold, as if Jungkook was signing her not to stay too long.

Areum then broke the eye contact and walked to you. She slightly bowed as a sign of courtesy. You nervously gestured her to sit and so, she did.

Areum was quiet at first, it was as if she was trying to remember what she was gonna say. And her eyes kept on blinking while avoiding your eyes. Seemed like, you weren't the only who was agitated.

She turned her head to Jungkook who was leaning against the wall and asked, "Can you leave us for a moment?"

Jungkook was a bit taken aback by her sudden request while your nervousness increased. Talking to her alone, had never crossed in your mind even once. But maybe, it would be nice to have a talk with her.

Jungkook didn't really like the idea of leaving you alone with her, but when he turned to look at you, he saw you nodding your head.

He sighed and rolled his eyes upward.

"Just don't do anything stupid." He warned her before stepping out from the room.

And so, you were left alone with Areum. Just like what you'd expected, the atmosphere felt so weird. Both were waiting for someone to utter something first, but none was dared to do so until Areum decided to speak up.

"I think, this is the first time we're talking face to face." She smiled, in an awkward way though.

"Yeah." You laughed trying to brighten up the atmosphere a bit.

"I would like to apologize for everything. For dating him in the past, for trying to ruin your life with him, and the fact that my own sister Yujin tried to take your life. I guess, I was a bit obsessed with Jungkook back then. Same went to Yujin. I'm really sorry." She apologized with her head down.

"You don't have to apologize about dating Jungkook in the past. It was his choice though." You said.

"But still, I agreed to continue on dating him, though I knew you two were married." She sighed, feeling ashamed of herself.

You kept your mouth shut after that, just in case you accidentally let out some stupid words.

"You're so kind, Taehee-ssi. I'm jealous of you." She suddenly spoke up again.

Finally, she lifted her head up to look at you straight in the eyes.

"How did you manage to control yourself, when your husband was out there, chasing after another woman back then?" She questioned. She'd been wondering about that, for kinda a long time.

Once again, you were in a loss for words.

"When I realized that Jungkook began to care for you, I changed completely, into a b.tch. I started to cheat on him with plenty of different men, for him to notice me. But, it just got worse." She sighed.

Again, the room fell into a dead silence. Sensing the awkwardness, you stared down at your lap as your fingers fidgeted.

"So," she purred and stood up, "I think that's all. I hope that you will recover soon."

She slightly bowed again before swiftly made her way to the door. Once she stepped out, Jungkook walked in with an anxious look on his face.

"Did she say or do anything stupid to you?" He asked, concern etched on his face.

Meanwhile you just shook your to him. You were indeed relieved that everything had finally settled down.

~~~

Two days had passed and it was the day you were finally discharged from the hospital. Jungkook was on his way to pick you up but then, he saw Areum, sitting alone in the bus stop with a big luggage beside her.

Without thinking any longer, he stopped by at the bus stop and slid down his window.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

It took Areum a few seconds before answering him, "Airport."

"Get in. I'm heading to the hospital though, I can drop you off on the way." He said as he unlocked the door.

"No, no. It's okay, I'll ride a cab." She shook her head while waving her hand in the air to decline.

But then, she stopped when Jungkook suddenly took his phone out to call someone.

"Honey, it's okay if I drop Areum off at the airport first, right?" He asked through the phone.

There was a long silence at first.

"Well... sure."

"I'll pick you up just after I dropped her off. See ya." He smiled and hung up before turning his head to her.

"You saved my wife, I owe you." Jungkook stated as he got off from the car and grabbed her luggage to put it in the boot.

At last, she decided to accept his offer. The car ride was so quiet as none of them knew what to talk about. They hadn't spoken anything until they finally arrived at the airport.

Jungkook waited for her to get off first as soon as he parked the car, but she didn't. She stayed there in her seat, as if she wanted to tell him something. So, he waited.

"You know what? When you offered me a ride just now, old memories came flashing into my head." She said.

Areum was hesitated at first, but since it might be the last time she would meet him, she decided to let it out.

"Me too. Well, that was how we first met before, right?" He chuckled.

"At that time, I was still a trainee in the company." She laughed, before adding, "No one knew, how we were deeply in love after that."

Jungkook just kept silent as he listened to her more.

"I once imagined, that we would actually get married, live together, and grow old together." She laughed again, trying to show him that she thought it was funny.

But actually, it wasn't to her. Not at all.

"But I guess, we are not meant to be though." She pressed her lips together, forming a thin line.

Suddenly, a tear escaped from her eye. She tried her best to stay strong, but failed to do so. Jungkook noticed her tears in a glance and felt slightly hurt that someone was crying because of him. Indeed, tears were his weakness.

"Don't you think it's weird?" He spoke up all of a sudden.

Areum quickly wiped her tears off and sucked her breath in deeply. "What is it?"

"That those feelings and memories are still inside me too. So strong and so clear." He said, in a low voice.

"What kind of feelings, are you talking about?" She stuttered.

"Those feelings I felt.." he stared at her in the eyes before trailing his eyes down to her moist lips,"..when I still loved you."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro