Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jasmine woke up with a slight bounce in her mood, yawning widely with hands stretched on either side like welcoming the chill November sun into a warm embrace. A soft purr and a meow later, fluffy stretched equally energetic like her mother and came to Jasmine for a daily dose of love and sunshine.

Fluffy snuggled close and purred. Talking in cat language, Jasmine kissed on top of her head as Fluffy licked back with her paws on either side of her mom's face. This was the duo's early morning routine each day, period.

Jasmine got up from under the covers and set off for the day.

Having a hot bath with rose-scented oil, she shaved her legs, scrubbed her body and lathered moisturizer. Humming to herself, Jasmine picked out her all-time favourite grey turtleneck, black denim jeans and black leather coat with fur neckline and cuffs. Laying them on her bed, she turned to admire herself in the mirror, draped only in a lime green towel. Smiling, she said to her cat, 'I look good.' With a pop of nude lip colour and a hint of cherry rose, she bounced her curly hair and stepped into a pair of black stilettos. 

Filling the cat's automatic food bowl, she walked out, mentally taking note to buy breakfast from Papa Jones. The fresh crisp air of November giddied her up. She loved winters. There was something ethereal about the winter season that most of her friends and family don't like. For them, it was dull, boring and dark. But for Jasmine, it was the perfect season to cuddle with Fluffy, have a book and hot cocoa by her large bay windows. If mood provided, there was to be a croissant or chocolate doughnut.

Skipping her usual route, she preferred to walk to her office. This was the only part of her life that she despised. Her job as junior data analytic was boring, mundane and robotic. Even if the pay coerced her into staying, she was getting seriously bored and unhappy with her life.

As she was walking downtown, her heart skipped a beat as she saw the window of a quaint little bookstore. Her dream of getting her debut novel published was in ruins. With a sigh, she pictured the dusty manuscript upon her study table; unable to capture the interest of publishers.

"It was their fault! They never gave my book a chance." She always complained to Fluffy. But, no matter how many times the publishers rejected. turned down or ignored her work, she was determined not to change a thing in her book. 'I will publish it when the time is right. The world is not ready to hear my story.'

Mid-thought, it happened all of a sudden when a sleek black jaguar came out from the right side of the road and beeped loudly. Jasmine was pulled out from her reverie in a blink of an eye and dunked all of her untouched caramel macchiato all over her dress. Angered beyond limits, she stood there on the side of the road with her hands up in the air. But, the driver couldn't care less as the person honked and took a slight edge towards the left and raced off.

"You..." the series of curse words got her some admires. And their hoots and laughter infuriated her even further. Seething, she cursed herself for forgetting to look at the number plate. Wiping off, she was disgusted at how sticky she felt with all the caramel and sugar on her. The whipping cream smudged on her right shoulder in a big blob of a greyish white.

The bright side to it was, she smelled heavily of caramel as she walked into her office than her rose perfume.

After a long pause, I have started to write a new work. 

I hope I will complete this one :D Hope so. Peace, do read and let me know if you like this or not!

Love!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro