Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Dragon Queen

*At S.T.A.R. Labs*

*Morgana's POV*

"I wasn't the only one affected by the Particle Accelerator explosion, was I," Barry asks, sounding betrayed, with me right on his heels.

"We don't know for sure," Wells says. 'He's lying,' a voice says in the back of my head. Not just any voice though. It's my dragon.

"You said the city was safe, that there was no residual danger. But that's not true, so what really happened that night?"

"Well... the Accelerator went active. We all felt like heroes, and then... it all went wrong."

*Flashback*

9 months ago

"Dr. Wells, the Accelerator is primed and ready for particle injection," Cisco said.

"Nerd," I joked. Dr.Wells did the honors and we all felt accomplished.

Cisco looked confused."That's it? I thought there would be a loud bang."

"If there was a loud bang, we'd all be in trouble," Ronnie said. As if on cue, there was a loud bang and he went running. Cisco and I followed, not before the Dom floated in the air- much like on that fateful night.

We make it to the Pipeline.

"We have to redirect the power," Cisco said.

"We'll have to do it manually," Ronnie said in realization. He rushed inside. "Two minutes. If I'm not back, shut the Pipeline."

"I won't be able to reopen it once it's closed."

"Two minutes, Cisco."

"I'm coming with you," I said.

"No, you need to stay safe."

"I can protect myself," I said, glancing at Cisco and then back to him.

"Keep Cait safe."

"I promise," I said, swallowing my emotions.

"I love you, Dragon Queen."

"I love you, Ronnie."

Two minutes go by and Cisco shuts the door to the Pipeline.

"Cisco," Ronnie yelled through the walkie talkie.

"I'm right here," he responded.

"Let me talk to Mo."

Cisco gave me the walkie. "Ronnie," I said, sadly.

"Mo, whatever happens-"

"Ronnie!"

*End of Flashback*

Present

"The dimensional barrier ruptured, unleashing unknown energies into our world. Antimatter, dark energy, x-elements--"

"Those are all theoretical."

"And how theoretical are you? We mapped the dispersion throughout and around Central City. Though we have no way of knowing exactly what or... who was exposed, we've been searching for other Meta-humans like yourself."

*Barry's POV*

"Meta-humans," I ask.

"That's what we're calling them," Caitlin says, explaining.

"I saw one today. He's a bank robber, and he can control the weather."

"This just keeps getting cooler," Cisco says, astonished.

"This is not cool. All right? A man died. Mardon must have gotten his powers the same way I did. From the storm cloud. We have to stop him before he hurts anyone else," I continue, heading for the exit.

"Barry! That's a job for the police," Wells says, making me pause.

"I work for the police."

"As a forensic assistant," he points out.

"You're responsible for this. For him."

"What's important is you! Not me. I lost everything. I lost my company. I lost my reputation. I lost my freedom. And then you broke your arm, and it healed in three hours. Inside your body could be a map to a whole new world-- gentic therapies, vaccines, medicines, treasures buried deep within your cells and we cannot risk losing everything because you want to go out and play hero! You're not a hero. You are just a young man who was struck by lightning."

I then ran off, Morgana following.

*Flashback*

14 years ago, Where It All Began- that same night

"I didn't do this. I swear to God, I didn't do this," Henry Allen said frantically.

"Dad, why are they taking you," Eleven year old Barry asked.

"Barry, don't go in the house," his dad said, not wanting his son to see the tragedy inside.

"Where's Mom?"

Henry looked to the police. "What's gonna happen to my son?"

"Dad!"

"Barry!"

"Dad!"

"Stay out of the house! Barry," Henry yelled as his son ran into the house.

"Joe, you know these people?"

"My daughter's best friends with their kid."

"I'm sorry."

Joe nodded. "Mm."

"Mom."

"Barry," Joe said trying to stop him.

"Mom," Barry said, pulling back the tarp that covered his mother. 

*End of Flashback*

Present

"So that's our story. I've spent my whole life searching for the impossible, I found it with Morgana. But I never imagined that I would become the impossible," I say as Morgana descends from the sky, transforming back into her human form.

"So why come to me," Oliver asks, not even fazed. "Something tells me you both didn't run and fly 600 miles to say 'hi' to a friend," he continues.

"Well, I wanted to say hi," Morgana says. Morgana met Oliver while I was in my coma and because of his trust issues, she told him who she really was.

"Hi," he chuckles, making me smile.

"All my life, I've wanted to do more... be more and now I am. And the first chance I get to help someone, I screw up. What if Wells is right? What if I'm not a hero? What if I'm just some guy who was struck by lightning?"

"I don't think that bolt of lightning struck you, Barry. I think it chose you," Oliver says.

"I'm just not sure I'm like you, Oliver. I don't know if I can be some... vigilante."

"You can be better. Because you can inspire people in a way I never could-- watching over your city like a guardian angel... making a difference... saving people... in a flash."

"Take your own advice. Wear a mask, Bear," Morgana says. Then I lift her in my arms bridal style, watching Oliver shoot an arrow into the distance, grappling to another building.

"Cool," I say, speeding off after.

*Oliver's POV*

"Cool," I say, watching my new friends speed off into the night.

*Morgana's POV*

I drop my keys into the bowl by the door. After talking to Oliver I decided to drive home once Barry and I got back to S.T.A.R. Today was a long day.

"Morgana?"

I sigh. "I'm not in the mood, Iris."

"I'm not mad at you anymore. I want to say I'm sorry. I mean you're my sister and I lost sight of that. I'm not asking you to forgive me, but I'm truly sorry," she says, tears forming in her eyes.

"I forgive you. I do, but it's gonna take some time for me because you can't just do what you did for months and expect me to just be ok."

"And I'm totally not. I just really missed my sister. I'm sorry again."

"Come here," I say, pulling her into a hug. "I love you, Iris."

"I love you, Morgs."

"Wanna order Chinese food?"

"Oh, most definitely. I'll even pay."

"You better," I joke. This makes us both laugh. Today may have been a long day, but I'll always be Ronnie's Dragon Queen.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro