Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Safe And Sound

*Barry's POV*

"This is the part where I'm supposed to do the whole intro thingy. Barry Allen, fastest man alive, but you know that already. Alright, let's get to the good stuff. You see that smoke?  That's a fire on Western and Third in downtown Central City. And that blur? That's me on my way to it. I'm going 352 miles an hour."

"And it's a slow day."

*No one's POV*

"This is Ladder 52. We're still at least two minutes out," a Fireman says.

"People are gonna die," the other says.

"I know."

*Morgan's POV* (*A/N: the pov's will go back and forth between Morgan and Morgana depending on who she's with*)

"Barry," Cisco says, trying to get his attention.

"Barry," I say next.

"What? Did I miss it?"

"You overshot by about six blocks," Cisco answers.

"My bad."

"You there yet," I ask.

"What are you doing," Caitlin asks suddenly.

"Nothing," Cisco and I say simultaneously. He turns off the monitors.

"Who are you talking to?"

"No one," we say again, at the same time. What are we? The twins from The Shining?

"Are you talking to Barry?"

"Who?"

"Okay, if you don't stop, Cisco, I will hurt you. You're freaking me out," I say, irritated. He ignores me.

"Barry Allen? Struck by lightning, in a coma for nine months... able to run faster than the speed of sound? Ring a bell?"

"Nope, haven't talked to him," Cisco and I say once again at the same time.

"Seriously! Stop," I yell. Cisco holds his hands up in surrender. I hope my eyes didn't flash green.

That's when Barry decides to speak. "Cisco, Morgan, there's fire everywhere. Cisco, Morgan. Are you still there?"

Caitlin gives us a pointed look. "Everybody's out. What else you got for me, guys?"

"Barry, it's Caitlin."

"Hey, Caitlin. How's your day," Barry says, trying to sound innocent. Keyword trying.

"Get back to S.T.A.R. Labs. Now," she demands.

"On my way."

*Morgan's POV*

"Have you three lost your minds? Who do you think you are?"

"Well, I'm the eyes, he's the feet, and she's the brains of the operation," Cisco answers.

"This isn't funny. You could have gotten yourself killed. You can't be running around like a supersonic fireman."

"Why not? This is what we talked about. Me using my speed to do good." Oh, Barry...

"We talked about you helping contain people who have been affected by the particle accelerator explosion. Meta-humans. And aside from Clyde Mardon, we haven't found any," Caitlin elaborates.

"People in the City still need help. And I can help them. We can help them," Barry protests.

"Will you please say something," Caitlin asks Dr.Wells as he rolls in.

"I think what Caitlin is trying to say in her own spectacularly angry way is we're just beginning to understand what your body is capable of. Not to sound like a broken record, Mr.Allen... I do caution restraint."

"Dr. Wells, I doubt restraint is how you got to be the man you are today."

"In a wheelchair and a pariah." He's lying. My dragon speaks to me once again, warning me.

"Lack of restraint is what made me these things. Know your limits," Dr. Wells continues, rolling away.

"Don't expect me to patch you up every time you break something," Cait says, angrily.

"Ok, Caitlin, that's enough," I say and I know my eyes flashed green. But she doesn't say anything because she knows.

She walks off. "Hey, uh anything happen out there today? The sensors in the suit were kicking back weird telemetry. Your vitals spiked for a few seconds," Cisco says, looking at Barry.

"Never felt better." Before Cisco can respond Barry's phone rings.

He answers it. "Hey, Joe, everything alright?"

*Barry's POV*

"Great. I got a fresh crime scene, a dead body, detectives interviewing witnesses. Yellow tape stretched over everything. I'm missing one thing. Can you guess what that is?"

"I'll be right there." 

I hang up and look at Morgana and Cisco. "My day job beckons."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro