25. Joining in the college

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hi all
Here is the next part
I dedicate this part to my friend Sar_Van99 for voting first on the previous part

Vindhya's POV:

Waking up at 4 am, I saw Sid beside me. He held my hand tightly while sleeping. I saw Dad sitting in a chair looking at us. His face held an emotion which I haven't seen in all my life. Why is dad like this? I'm just going to a city which is hardly 1 hour by a flight. I'll be here after 2 years. Shaking my head, I got up and checked my luggage once again.

I wore my favourite Salwar and started to the airport along with dad and Sid. Mom bid me bye at the home, she couldn't come with me as she had an important meeting at her college. The airport is just an hour from our home. After checking in, I saw Arun Uncle standing beside Dad. I am surprised. After the final call for departure, I hugged Sid, dad and Arun uncle patted on my head.

Though I am not an emotional one, I felt my tears in my eyes when I fastened my seat belt. I shook myself saying this is what I wanted. Taking my earphones, I plugged it into my phone willing to listen some calming music. I closed my eyes. Through the light music, I heard someone speaking with the person sitting beside me.

" Excuse me, can I sit here? She's my friend." That person asked.

I opened my eyes to look at the person and it's Karthik here 😯

The woman beside me looked at me and I nodded and I asked " Yes mam. He's my friend. Can you exhange your seat with him please?"

She got up and went. We both thanked her.

" What's this for?" I asked our of utter surprise.

" Oh my Highness! Don't think this is for you. Dad wanted me to go to Kapoors branch in Banglore for 2 days due to some trouble caused by an employee there." He said.

" Oh okay. I thought that you were worried about your friend joining in the new college." I said acting hurt.

" What are you Vindhya, 3 or 4? You are grown up now. Even if anyone asks me to accompany you also, I won't come. You have to learn to be on your own." Karthik said shaking his head.

" Okay sir." I said sulking in my seat.
Increasing the volume of the song, I closed my eyes and turned towards the window away from Karthik. Why does he always think that I can't be on my own?

Within a minute, my earphones are pulled from me and they got disconnected from my phone. Normally the song would have stopped when the earphones are plugged off, but this time it didn't happen and the music played loud in the flight. Everyone turned towards us. Karthik smiled sheepishly and said sorry to everyone. Some smiled as if they thought this funny while some glared at both of us. What did I do?

After everyone went back to what they were doing, I glared at Karthik " What do you want? Give me my earphones back."

" Will you let your friend die of boredom when you are nearby? " He asked with a fake innocent expression.

" Oh now you became another drama queen after Sid. Seriously how much time did you stay with him?' I asked.

" I am not queen. I am King." he huffed. I smiled.

This Karthik can be a kid sometimes!!

After our flight landed, I took my luggage and started walking towards the exit. Karthik also followed me. I stopped and asked " Dont you have work to do which uncle said? Go now. I will take a cab. Its not very far from here, I can manage." I told him.

" I want to see IIT campus, Please.." he said.

" You can come later, now you should rest if you want to go to office the next morning." I said trying to send him. I am still angry on him for saying that I cant be on my own.

"Acha Vindhya, I am sorry. I know that you are saying this on purpose. I know that you can manage alone, but I want to come. Dont say anything else now." He said and dragged me by holding my hand.

We took a cab and reached the campus. The entrance metal gate is very high, beside it IIT is engraved on a wall. The logo of the institution is also there. after we entered inside the security stopped us and asked the reason for our visit. I informed him that I am here for admission. After that, we went to the main block, I submitted the certificates necessary for the joining. They directed me towards my hostel block, its 14A. Karthik stood there and took all of my luggage when i was submitting the papers. It took us 10 minutes to reach my hostel block from main building in the cab, i smiled to myself that i will have a good amount of walking to do daily. The campus is very peaceful with trees all around. There are different department buildings with a unique architecture. There are a few quotes attached to the barks of the trees about greenery. There are a few boards in front of some trees informing about their scientific and trivial names.

There are 10 floors in my hostel, it's in beige colour outside. We went inside and met the receptionist. She looked in the register and informed that my room is on the 9th floor. My roommate hasn't come yet. I thanked her and took my set of keys. I kept my luggage in my room and locked the room and came down. Karthik is standing at the reception checking his phone.

"Hey I have kept my bags. Thanks for coming." I said.

"Friends don't tell thanks to each other idiot." He said smiling.

"Idiot is your nickname na" I pouted.

"From now on I will add some more nicknames, as you are away from home and no one can stop me." He said grinning.

"Okay dumbo. Go now, take rest. Otherwise you will do mistakes in your company and uncle will scold you." I said.

"Nah. Let's have breakfast. Then I will go." He said pulling me somewhere.

"How did you know that canteen is over here?" I asked.

"I got to know when Madam Highness was arranging her luggage." He said.

We had Dosa, later Karthik went in another cab.

Finally I joined in my college!! I am close to my dream!!

I went into my room and jumped onto my bed. Of course its still morning, but I love sleeping when I have nothing to do..

That's it for now.

Please do vote, comment and share.

I didn't update all these months because I had my final examinations. I still have my practical examinations. Pray for my results.

I will dedicate the next part to the one who votes first in this part.

Bye...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro