36. What Would I Do?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hi all...

Here's the next part...

I dedicate this part to my friend Sar_Van99 for voting first on the previous part...

Also I couldn't wish my friend on their birthday, Belated Happy Birthday  Sasanka54.

Happy Birthday Sowji Sowjanyp

Recap:

Sid picks up Vindhya and Karthik at the airport. Karthik meets his dad at the Iyers home. Mr.Arun Kapoor informs about Adithya's Engagement. Karthik leaves an apology and thank you note for Vindhya.

Vindhya's POV:

" Uncle, can I also come and see Adi bhai's reaction when you tell him about the engagement?" I asked Arun uncle eagerly.

" Sure dear." Uncle smiled at me.

" When will you tell it to him Arun?" Dad asked uncle.

" I'm planning to tell him today in the lunch. I asked him to come home for lunch with us. He will be elated if he sees Karthik along with this news." Uncle beamed with joy.

" But you have come just now. How will you go?" Mom asked me strictly.

" I'll go after freshing up. Uncle please give me 20 minutes." I asked and uncle agreed.

I rushed into my room, took a quick bath and got ready in a kurti and leggings. I combed my hair into a pony tail and ran out into the living room along with my mobile.

" Arey beta careful!" Dad said when he saw me running on the stairs. I sheepishly smiled.

" Are you not coming Sid?" I asked him when I saw him sitting in the sofa beside uncle and that person whom I don't want to address with his name.

" No Akka, my exams are round the corner, I have to study. I'll join you guys later on."  Sid said.

" Beti, I'll sit in the front, you and Karthik sit behind." Uncle said as we approached uncle's car.

" No Uncle, I'll sit in the front. It won't be comfortable for you." I said.

" I'm sitting in the front, no more arguments." Karthik said and slammed the door right in-front of my face.

When I and Uncle sat back, Uncle slowly said " Karthik hates to sit in the front, maybe he is changed now." I just smiled awkwardly.

" Uncle I'm always ready to help with the preparations." I told Uncle.

" Oh about that, I have spoken with a shop about printing cards for the engagement. After we inform Adi, will you help me to go to that shop and do the final changes dear?" Uncle asked me.

" Sure uncle. I will." I replied.

All this while Mr.Grumpy head who sat in the front seat remained silent and muttered a few profanities when the car stopped at traffic lights for long. Uncle didn't hear him and that's why he must have been saved.

After we reached their home, aunty welcomed all of us warmly. She had tears in her eyes when she saw Karthik. She embraced him lovingly and kissed him on his forehead.

" Mom, it's embarrassing" Karthik said to which everyone of us laughed.

" Is it Vindhya?" Aunty asked me.

" No aunty it's totally normal." I said to which Karthik glared at me.

" Is Adi home ?" Uncle asked her.

" No not yet. He will be here in 10 minutes. Come inside, I'm arranging the table for lunch." Aunty said.

" I'll take a shower and come." Karthik said to which uncle and aunty said that it was a good idea.

" I'll help you in laying the table aunty." I said and walked along with her into the kitchen.

Adi came soon and he was surprised to see me. When he saw Karhik, he stood up from his chair and jumped onto him. I didn't expect that reaction from Adi bhai though.

After eating a heavy meal, uncle revealed the news to Adi. Seeing his face, anyone could tell how happy Adi is. I recorded the whole thing in my camera and Karthik looked at me as if I'm an alien. Adi said that the date of engagement is okay with him. He wanted to ask Reshma if it's okay, uncle informed that she is fine with it. So the date is fixed.

When Adi bhai went back to office, Uncle said " Karthik accompany Vindhya to the shop."

" No" we both said at the same time.

" You have to listen to me or else I'll go to the shop by myself." Uncle threatened us and we had to agree.

" Do you want to go by a motor cycle or car?" Karthik asked me outside.

" Anything is fine." I said.

" Let's go by the bike then." He said and brought his motor cycle, but he couldn't start it.

" It has been many days na, it's not starting. For now let's go by the car." He said and I couldn't help but laugh. He glared at me like always.

After we reached the shop, I said " I can go from here, you can go if you have any work. You need not accompany me."

" Okay, I'll go then." He said and I got down from the car. 

I looked at the shop ' VAIBHAVI PRINTERS', I have to cross the road to reach it. Looking at the road, I began to cross the road. 

Suddenly I spotted Abhi, my friend and member of Team Ten on the other side of the road. He noticed me and waved at me. I waved him back. Abruptly I was pulled backwards and a car sped by within seconds across the place where I have stood earlier. I felt a sense of deja vu but I can't remember if I was in a similar situation earlier.  I looked at the person who pulled me back and I noticed that it was Karthik. I opened my mouth to thank him, while he hugged me tightly and started saying " You are fine Vindhya, nothing happened to you." I for some unknown  reason didn't want to break that hug and remained like that.

After a few minutes I heard Abhi's concerned voice " Are you fine Vindhya?"

Then Karthik broke the hug and moved away, " Yes I'm fine Abhi." I replied.

Abhi then looked at Karthik, only then I noticed that Karthik was glaring at me.

"What? "I asked him.

" Can't you be more careful when you cross the roads?" He shouted.

" I was looking aound. The car came so suddenly." I defended myself.

" Cool down man, she's fine." Abhi said and Karthik now glared at him also.

"I'll meet you later." I said to Abhi to which he said an okay.

Karthik then accompanied me to the shop and we confirmed the order which Uncle gave them. We added the date of engagement. Later Karthik dropped me home. I said a Thank You but he already left even before he could have heard it.

Karthik's POV:

Thank God, nothing happened to her. Though I decided to go to Karthik and Co. I had this strange gut feeling. So I decided to go along with Vindhya. Just in the nick of the time I was able to pull her back, I couldn't calm my heart for a long time after that incident. What would I do if anything happens to her?

Vindhya has to learn to be more responsible and alert.

That's it for now friends..

Please do vote comment and share ❤❤❤

I'll dedicate the next part to the one who votes first on this part.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro