6. My Cute Little Brother

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hi all
The next part is here...

Vindhya's POV:
I can hear someone speaking but I couldn't clearly listen them. My mind is stuck up and I'm thinking of this unexpected talk of my marriage. I guess I should be ready with an excuse for now and a better explanation for what they've seen in the morning.

Periyamma spoke " Vindhya, don't you think it's the right time? You can continue your studies or work even after marriage. We will search a good husband for you. He'll support you just like us."

I spoke " Periyamma it's not like that. Please understand. I've just completed my B.Tech and I have plans to join in masters. No matter how good the one you're selecting is going to be, I can't be the same as I am with you all." I'm thinking on how to add more reasons.

Sid suddenly spoke a bit loudly " Periyamma , Akka is not getting married so soon. She's still a kid. I'll make sure dad will be kept behind the bars for doing a child marriage, though Vindhya's now a major. I'll take care of that.  No one will ever raise the topic of her marriage until she's ready. Is it clear with everyone?"

I am surprised by Sid's outburst. "Woah! Calm down angry bird" I whispered to him.
But seriously Aww😍😍 My cute little bro can protect me at anytime. I'm so lucky to have a brother like him. My dad, mom, Periyamma are also surprised like me. But they quickly regained and nodded their heads. No one dared to speak a word after that as Sid is super angry.

After sometime he spoke softly " She can't leave this house so soon. I'll be all alone. I'll miss her for sure at some point but not anywhere in the near. Please" He kept his puppy dog eyes. I am so moved by his words. I became emotional and a tear dropped from my eye. Sid wiped my tear.Dad and mom also had tears. Periyamma said " Ok Sid. We'll not send her anywhere."

Dad asked " How about we see for a son in law who comes to his wife's home?" and he winked. Then slowly Sid smiled. The atmosphere there became light.

Sid asked me " How about considering Dad's suggestion akka?" I smacked his arm. He groaned and the rest of us had a laugh.

We completed the dinner. I left to my room. I'm now feeling very bad for not telling my secret to Sid who's been supporting me at all times even when I'm at wrong. I'm making my heart a bit stronger to talk with Sid about this.

Later Periyamma came to my room. She said " Sorry beta. I shouldn't have asked about it. I behaved like an old lady right?" I replied no Periyamma. She continued " I wanted the best for you as you both are my Prabha's kids and more like my kids. I should've asked your idea about it." I felt bad that she's explaining. I said " Periyamma ji, I know you're my well wisher. But I need some more time for marriage please. You shouldn't be explaining me, I'm your daughter." She later smiled and blessed me. We both wished each other Good night.  Later she left.

Dad and mom came next and spoke with me for a couple of minutes. They promised me they'll never go against my wishes. I wanted to ask about dad's discomfort when Periyamma talked of my marriage. But I kept it for later as mom is also here. Don't get me wrong. She's good but I'm more close to dad. Dad made me lie on the bed covered me with duvet. Mom pecked my cheek and went. Dad kissed my forehead and left the room.

I'm about to sleep after thinking about the while day's happenings for sometime, when I heard slow opening sound of my door. I turned that side and saw Sid.
He looked at me in darkness and asked in a low voice  " Akka have you slept?".

I called him Sid come here. He agreed and sat by my side on the bed. I took his hand in my hand and spoke "Look Bro. This sis of yours as always loves you and will love you forever. There's no need to worry about that. I know you care for me. But we shouldn't talk against our elders right?" He nodded his head like a kindergarten kid. I smiled at his actions.

He spoke " Di. I'm sorry for speaking like that. But I was not able to see you speaking sadly. So I became angry. You'll not leave me for the next 5 years atleast. Is it Ok?" He's soo concerned about me. I wanted to make him happy so I said" Ok Sid. I'll be here for the next 5 years. If you want I'll never marry and I'll be hanging to you even after your wife comes. Is it Ok?" I winked now. He slightly hit my hand and said " You never change. You're the same crazy sister who unfortunately is my elder one but behaves as an younger one." We laughed till we felt tired. He wanted to sleep in my room for the night. He usually asks so whenever he's afraid of losing me or he feels alone. I agreed and I patted him slowly until he slept. I covered him with the blanket and kissed him good night.

I later thanked God for giving me such a wonderful and understanding family. I felt sorry for not trusting them enough to tell about my secret love i.e; my secret work. I am actually against the idea if marriage. I'll try to convince my dad somehow. I saw Sid sleeping comfortably with his mouth kept open like a kid. Of course he's a kid to me. I so love him.

I read a fairytale and dozed off to sleep..

That's it for now..
How did you find Vindhya's family?

What are your thoughts about Sid?

Why do you think there's discomfort in Prabhakaran?

Lastly the same question which I'll be asking for the coming few chapters too i.e; what do you think Vindhya's secret work is?

Please do vote, comment and share💖💖

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro