8. Embarrassed!!!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hi all!!
Here is the next part..
Are you interested about the update? If yes, please do vote and comment.

Vindhya's POV:
After entering the hall, I threw my handbag👜 and mobile📱on the sofa🛋 which is beside the sofa on which the visitors are sitting. I sat on sofa with a lazy expression😏. I asked mom "What did you do for the snacks🌮? The afternoon lunch you prepared was horrible😲. I threw my food to dogs🐕 on the street. Please cook something edible for dinner🥗. Dad! I did not receive my pocket money💵 in my bank account even today. How long should I wait??? Sid!! because of listening to your stupid advice I went to the music audition👩‍🎤. They rejected me on the spot saying that my voice is horrible🗣. Periyamma!! Did you take my locker keys🗝 thinking them as yours again?" I said it all in a go and I felt proud of myself🤷‍♀️ when I saw the shocking expression😲 of the visitors, and the confused looks🤔 of my family.

For moments silence prevailed in the living room, when I heard Periyamma laughing🤣 loudly I wondered if my plan didn't work on them.

Periyamma spoke "Oh my pagli🤦‍♀️!!!" and burst into a round of laughter🤣🤣. Dad and mom had confusion😑 etched on their faces. Sid looked at Periyamma questioningly🤔 and then exclaimed🙆‍♂️ " Oh my God! You are really a fool akka. This meeting is not about your marriage proposal👫. Mr.Arun Kapoor is dad's childhood best friend and they are his family."

No words came from my mouth🤐🤐 after my brain had registered sid's words. Oh no🤥🤥!!! What have I done? I looked at dad pleadingly to save me from this embarrassing situation. He narrowed his eyes👁👁 indicating that he will not help me to get out of this. I looked at mom and she is really angry😠😠 with me. I saw Periyamma still trying to control her laughter😂. Sid is no less than Periyamma, he is even holding his stomach while laughing🤣😆. I didn't have the audacity of looking at those visitors again. I facepalmed myself🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ and I ran into my room.

After taking ample time, for God knows how long I heard Sid calling me down. This time I went down like the real Vindhya who I am. I entered the living room slowly and greeted the two elderly people who were approximately of the same age of mom and dad. "Namaste aunt and uncle🙏." Dad then spoke in his normal tone "Vindhya he is Arun Kapoor. We have been together👬 even after Sid was born, later Arun left for mumbai for better expansion of his business. She is Sunitha Kapoor ,Arun's better half and she is like a young sister to me. Here is Adithya Kapoor their elder son. Lastly he is Karthik Kapoor their younger son who has recently taken up a part of Arun's business." I saw some different kind of expression on that stranger's face who is now known as Karthik.

I said to dad," I have met him already dad." Arun uncle spoke "He's been here yesterday only. When did you both meet?" I answered "Yesterday morning in the park uncle." Dad and Sid shouted at the same time "So HE👤 is that stranger who called you Miss Noname."

I nodded my head and said yes. Karthik saw me with an amused expression😰. Arun uncle and Sunitha aunty looked at me as they didn't understand what actually happened.

I apologised for my rude behaviour earlier. Periyamma spoke " Arun, I didn't know that she's such a good actor until now. She actually takes lunch in her office canteen with her friends. She refuses to take pocket money from Prabha though he persuades her to take it. She wants to live with her earned money and she has a sweet voice but never goes to any competitions. And often dinner is cooked by Vindhya when she comes home early."

I bent my head down in embarrassment. All of them had a good laugh on seeing my state. I decided not to jump to conclusions without knowing the whole matter next time.

I helped mom in preparing some dishes later while the rest are talking. We served the dinner and we all had it together with the Kapoors. I got know more things about my dad's childhood.

Arun uncle is from the same village of dad's. They studied in the same school and colleges too. They've been with each other through their hardships. I now so respect their bond. Mom and Sunitha aunty got along well too. Adithya has completed his masters in US and he's helping uncle in his business in all branches. Karthik also completed his masters recently abroad and is recently going to take up a part of uncles business. I spent most of time talking with Adithya. Sid and Karthik spoke with each other.

We talked for some more time after dinner. Dad asked uncle to stay back in home until he leaves the town. He said "we all will visit tomorrow again."

We all bid bye to them and I went inside my room to avoid speaking to them as I can't face my family after what I've done tonight.

I pretended to sleep but Sid came and spoke "Akka I know you are awake. Stop doing your sleeping drama. I slowly opened one eye and looked at him. He is standing in front of me folding his hands. Dad, Mom and Periyamma ala came inside. I prepared my brain to receive good amount of scoldings. Periyamma spoke "Vindhya beta we'll never go against your wish. You can have my assurance." Dad continued "There is no secret planing for your marriage. It will happen only when you want it." Mom stood there nodding to what dad had said. Sid added "Even if you want I will not let it happen in next 5 years." I smiled at his words. Everyone else smiled looking at me.

I wished them all good night and they left for their rooms. I opened Jerry, after all it has lot to know of today.

Dear Jerry,
I'm very happy now. I took the bus to and fro from office today . I enjoyed the weather. In the morning I bumped into that stranger again. In office I have been assigned a new project to work with a start-up Karthik and Co. In the evening Arun uncle visited home with his family. Everyone is good, I misinterpreted the situation and I made a chaos there. That stranger is none other than Karthik, Arun uncle's son. I spoke with them all and had dinner.
Later my family spoke with me. They promised me that they'll never go against my wish in any matter. Sid always supports me and makes me smile even when I'm low. I'm really blessed to have them all. I thank God for giving me such a wonderful family👨‍👩‍👧‍👦. I'm very much overwhelmed with the amount of happiness I'm having now. I'm blessed to be Vindhya.... Vindhya Iyer. I can't ask for anything more.... Good night Jerry.
With love,
Vindhya.

That's it for now.
How did you feel about the chapter?
Have you ever been in an embarrassing situation like Vindhya???
What do you think about her new project?
Who's your friend who is with you in your hardships like Prabhakaran and Arun??
The stranger is finally revealed😥🙌.
Vindhya doesn't know that this happiness is the calm before a storm.
What do you think that storm is??
Please do vote, comment and share...❤❤

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro