|27| Wife

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Your mother's words kept repeating in your head.
" you are his wife so you need to take care of him."

She was right. You were all he had and he was all you had. If you wouldn't be there for him then who would. After thinking bout such things you were impatiently waiting for jungkook to return home. You looked at the text you sent him this afternoon.

Still no reply.

It was 8:00 in the evening and you were just done preparing the dinner. You prepared it early since you knew jungkook would be hungry once he'll return home. You sat on the couch playing with your hands while staring at the wall clock waiting for your husband to return despite knowing the fact that he would come late as he has been these past few days.

You get surprised as you hear the doorbell ring. You knew it wasn't jungkook because he never rings the doorbell. You went towards your apartment door and switched on the camera looking at the person on the other side of the door. Whenever someone would ring the bell you would first check in the camera since you were alone at home and even jungkook guided you to do this.

You see a familiar figure standing out the door and smile immediately opening the door for her.
" unnie?" you got a glimpse of jiah as soon as you opened the door.

" took you a lot of time to open the door." she folds her arms saying while you smile nervously. She gets into the apartment sitting on the couch. It's been so many days since you both hang out sometimes at her apartment and sometimes at yours.

" what brings you here?" you ask taking a seat beside her.
" I was making dinner when I realised we ran out of tomatoes and your lazy oppa won't go to the market to bring some so I had no choice but to come here begging for tomatoes," she explains.

" don't say that. You can come here if you need anything," you said holding her hands and smiling. For the first time, you could say that you had a best friend. You've gotten really close to her and her family.

You stood up from the couch and went into the kitchen to get some tomatoes and handed them to her.
" is your hubby home?" she looks at your bedroom door and asks wiggling her eyebrows.

You laughed denying. Till now jiah and her family haven't met jungkook. It wasn't that you didn't want them to but that jungkook was never free and nor does he likes to meet new people. You are dying for them to meet jungkook and be friends with him just like how they are with you. They have only heard about him from you and seen him in the picture frames in the apartment.

They usually visited your house in the afternoon and around that time jungkook wouldn't be home so they could never meet him.

" no? You said he returns home around this time so I was expecting to get an introduction to Mr jeon." she laughs as she expected to see him.

" yeah he does but since he's been busy these days, he returns home late," you explained.

" busy? Then that's bad news." you frowned at her words.
" why?"

"I and seokjin are planning to call you both at dinner this weekend. Seokjin is getting crazy to meet him," she explains.

" it's fine we would make it." you smiled assuring her that you both would become.
" Are you sure? What if he is disturbed?" she asks again.

" yes, I am," you replied confidently. You realised that jungkook needed a small break and this was it. Meeting new people and going out maybe would freshen him up but you know that jungkook is a stubborn person he usually does what he thinks is right. You had to make him agree to this somehow.

After some time jiah left and you couldn't help but have your dinner because there was still no trace of jungkook.
" where is he?" you bit your lips questioning yourself as it was almost midnight and you were getting worried as every second passed by.

You decided that now you have no choice but to call him and didn't care even if you were disturbing him right now. You were getting anxious and nervous.

You sighed when it said that his phone was switched off. " JEON JUNGKOOK, WHERE THE HECK ARE YOU?!" you yelled irritated and worried. You were irritated by the fact that he didn't even care to message you saying that he would be coming home late or that something urgent came up.

Not being able to control it anymore you called his secretary Adam. It was you who asked jungkook to give adam's contact number in case of any situations like this one.

" yes, Mrs jeon. How may I help you?" you heard adam's voice say as soon as he accepted the call. Adam was a professional and had been working with jungkook ever since he started his business.

" Adam, is jungkook with you right now?" you skipped the professionalism and asked him right away.

" umm...well, he left two hours ago."
" two hours ago?!" you repeated his words.

" is something wrong ma'am?" he asks in a worried tone.
" jungkook isn't home yet," you explained to him.

" sir isn't home yet? Don't worry, ma'am. I'll try my best to track him down and let you know about his whereabouts. Do tell me if he reaches home." he said immediately realising how worried you sounded.

" yes, please," you begged hanging up the call and throwing your body on the couch holding your forehead.

" why does he have to make me worry like this?" you muttered pushing your hair back as you waited for Adam to contact you and let you know about jungkook. You hugged your legs waiting for his call until your phone rang.

" did you find him?!" you almost yelled getting up from your seat on the couch.

" no, I have already checked the places he might visit but still no trace of him." you sighed hearing his words.

" he had a rough day today so he might want some time alone," he explains.
" don't worry, I'm sure he would return home sooner or later but still I'll try my best to look through again." with that, the line went silent on the other side. You wonder what happened today at the company that resulted in this situation.

You bit your lips nervously as you marched left and right into the living room thinking hard and waiting for him.

You yawned resting on the couch. You felt sleepy but the fact that he still wasn't home didn't let you sleep. It was eating you.

" what if something happened to him?" you shook your head as you couldn't help but get bad thoughts. You couldn't believe how restless he was making you and you were ready to lecture him once he returns.

" he is so done now." You muttered.

After waiting for hours your eyes couldn't support you anymore as you needed rest too. You felt drowsy as you kept losing your balance. You tried your best to keep your eyes open but nothing would work so you took a small nap.

Your eyes jerked open hearing the doorbell ring. You blinked checking the time. It was 3 in the morning. You frowned wondering who it was at this time. You took slow steps towards the apartment door checking in the camera.

You instantly recognised the person despite their face not being seen because their head was low.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro