Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

She.

I placed my palm on my chest to calm my beating -vigorously beating heart. This was not something normal. Maybe stress got hard on me. Or maybe I am overthinking.

I closed the door behind. I start walking down the corridor until my feet take me to the place I wanted to come at -The Lounge. It was nothing but a place with interior like a bar but actually a peaceful resting place. I found out about it when Hoseok had forcefully dragged around the office for a tour. One thing for which I am thankful to him.

I pushed the door open after the affirmation of my face scan. Honestly, I really loved the aesthetics of the place. Today the theme was- purple. The lights illuminated the room with purple hues and tints. Somehow the colour matches my mood everytime. For me, it is a colour which embraces each and every mood of mine, be it- happy, sad or angry.

I slouch myself comfortably on the sofa. The silence was comforting. I close my eyes and rub my forehead to ease down my frustration. It has been stressful since we have a very less time left for our first presentation to the Prez. Kim Namjoon. Yet Symphony has nothing ready. I know for a fact that Jeons' have the best music composers on its board, of course they being -Hoseok, Suga and Jin. So we have not much to worry, but it is unjust to take credit if you haven't contributed fairly in the project. Considering me and Jimin being on board from our company. Jimin is both my secretary as well as a board member since..well you can say I don't really trust anyone.

I hum a melody as I cross my legs and let my hands fall free on either side while softly drumming my fingers on the spongy surface.

A few moments passed until I felt the place beside me sinking down, indicating someone's presence. I open my eyes to look at the person only to scoot a bit away. Jinae was right there sitting beside me, her hands clumped together and head raised to look at me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask Jinae, trying my best to keep my voice stable. Of course, I was traumatised by her after she destroyed my only connection to my parents.

She looked into my eyes. She came a bit closer to me and took my hand. I shake my hand away from her and stand.

"Don't you touch me." I glare at her, feeling my blood boiling.

"Ivy." Jinae whispered. Her eyes glistened and her lips quivered. Her mouth was opening and closing as if trying to frame her words.

"Don't take my name. It doesn't suit your mouth anymore." I spat these words out. I could feel my fingers trembling as glimpses of those days flashed in front of my eyes. The day she stood by Taehyung claiming to be his only love, confirmed by him as well. The day she turned her back against me when I was in desperate need of a friend. Also 5 years later the day she destroyed the only thing I had cherished with my life, only thing that fuelled up my passion.

I close my eyes to cool down. But my eyes betray as warm tears flow down my cheek. My whole body was crumbling over and over again, deeming me weak as ever.

My eyes flew open when I felt her hand placed softly on my shoulder. I gaze at her. Both of us were not able to stop our tears.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." She whispered and walked closer to me.

"But....I didn't have any option.." Jinae whimpered as she engulfed me in her arms. I could feel her body shaking against mine. But my limbs remained motionless.

"Why.." I managed to say in a shaky voice.

There was a long pause. Her arms tightened around me. I could hear her sniffling, her tears wetting my shoulder. Our sobs resonated throughout the Lounge.

"Save me..." her hold tightened more, before loosening her grip from my body. "Save me from my demons. From my mind. From this world....Save Me, Ivy.." were her last words before she collapsed on the floor. I step back, tears still running down my face. Slowly crouching down, I try to pick her up in my arms but had difficulty due to my constantly trembling body.

After few moments of trying, I succeeded in laying her down on the sofa, with her head rested on my lap. Her last words pondered in my head. Jieun and Jinae though stay in the same body, but are very, very different from each other. Somehow, I believe that something more has happened, than I am aware of. 

I caress her cheeks lightly with a blank expression on my face. My tears had stopped now. I stroke her hair softly removing the irritating strands from her face. It's been some time since she collapsed. But she hasn't woken up yet.

Maybe, she needs her shot. Maybe her body became too weak trying to overpower the bad influence, her demons. If her illness has aggravated, so she should be keeping a handy shot to prevent outbreak. I take off her coat slowly, taking care of not disturbing her. Searching her blazer's pockets, I finally find a small syringe, which looks more like a simulation needle. But tgat way, it was easier to hide it from others. Tilting her head, I pinch the needle into her neck. I keep the needle back into her blazer, and keep it hanging on the armrest.

Slowly, I felt Jinae squirming, her hands moving. I press my lips on her forehead to calm her down. She opened her eyes, gradually becoming aware of her surroundings. Her eyes locked with mine and remained for some time. Her lips tugged upwards in a smile before taking me into a hug. I widen my eyes as I try to squirm away from her grip. Finally managing to get out, I look away from her softened face and take a deep breath.

"I know you still care." She got up and straightened her clothes. She looks at me with a smile, "Thank you." She said before taking her blazer from the armrest and making her way to the door.

"I don't fucking care. I didn't, and I won't." I spat out at her and make sure to bump my shoulders with hers before scanning through the door.

"I cannot say anything. Other than how sorry I really am, on behalf of them." Her last words before I went out of the room.

🍃🍁🍃

A/N:

We are born so beautiful.

But the greatest tragedy is being convinced you're not.

🌹🍁

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro