Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Caught..

"You're too adorable."

I sigh again as I hear these words ring continuously in my head. It's been a day and a half but I can't get over it.

Jungkook said I am adorable. Too adorable.

I bite back a smile as I continue listening to whatever shit the people are saying in their presentation. I was physically present here, but mentally my mind went on wandering back to him. Who knew such simple words could actually make me feel like a giddy teenager. I drummed my fingers on the table, my eyes strained on the thirty-five wide screen and a few robotic people wearing black and blue suits moving their hands and lips to put forward their proposition.

"So, what do you think, Ms. Kim?" Mr. Smith questioned me, expecting a positive reply from me.

I obviously hadn't been attentive during their entire shit show. So, the question caught me off-guard. Thank the Lord that they had a hardcopy of the entire thing. Swiftly, I took it and turned the pages, glancing through whatever deal they had put forth.

"Mr.Park. What do you think?" Given the fact that he was also a board member of Symphony, it wasn't wrong in asking for his suggestion. Jimin gave me a signal, showing his clear disapproval of the given proposition. "Maybe it's worth, maybe not." He diplomatically answered, much to the discontentment of Mr. Smith.

I gave it a short thought, even though I was still floating into my own fantasy world.

Weighing the pros and cons, it wasn't really the best proposition; I have had better ones. But, I thought about giving them a chance. Their shares weren't a small, in fact it was huge. Moreover, Australia wasn't really our strong part. Finally, coming to my own conclusion, I gave Jimin a look, which he immediately understood.

I looked at the other senior members sitting. Seemingly understanding my signal, they nodded and noted it down.

"Well. Mr. Smith, it wasn't the best one. But I hope you don't disappoint me." I stood up and extended my hand. "Deal's closed." He readily took my hand and happily shook it. I sensed some of the members of my company, gossip about this being a loss..but I was too distracted to care about them.

"We definitely won't." He gave a boyish grin and placed a small kiss on back of my hand as an acknowledgement.

"Meeting's ended. Thank you for your time." I announced and gathered up my belongings. Everyone present shook hands with each other, exchanging good wishes.

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  

"Heya!" I cheerfully greeted Sohyee, causing her to double check if I was the one she thought I was.

"Damn! Has the sun risen from the West? Or am I in a parallel universe?" She gasped dramatically. On a normal day, I would have been irritated and maybe give her an earful too (in the worst case scenario), but today, I was too happy. I feel I am back to my old golden teen days.

I chuckled at her and sat on my seat, a smile resting on my face.

"See, don't get me wrong. I mean you look too beautiful when you smile. But what's the occasion?" Sohyee inquired, completely intrigued by my sudden change of behavior. Heck, even I am shocked.

I shrugged at her and vaguely answered, "Something."

"Girl you're too secretive you know." She groaned as she laid back on her seat, causing me to giggle again.

"Your order ma'am." The hot barista, Chan shyly kept the tray. As he was about to go, I called out, "We ordered for a hot meal."

He turned around and frowned at me, confused and panicked at the same time.

"Then where are you going?" I smirked at him, while Sohyee stared at me wide eyed, not believing what she just saw.

"I....oh.." Chan immediately blushed beetroot red, finally grasping the fact that I just flirted with him. Not being able to handle the fact, he sprinted away from us, causing me to chuckle at him. He's a kid.

"Damn it. Just tell me what the fuck happened. I'm gonna die of curiosity, and I will surely blame you for that." Sohyee grumbled under her breath as she tore the sauce packet carefully to avoid spill over.

I was about to answer her, but I was cut short when I caught the person who has stole my mind and made me feel like a high school girl being accepted by her crush. Though, there's no feelings attached here......yet.

I forgot the noodle which I was about to pick by my chopstick and my lips remain parted as I took in his handsome appearance. His hair parted strategically showing off his forehead, while his cheekbones flaunted perfectly along with his chiselled jawline. I could never get enough of his rock hard physique complimented just right with his Armani suit.

His eyes searched around for a certain someone, but all I cared was seeing him after such a long period of time. About 2 hours.....come on, that's pretty long.

I continued staring at him, slowly rolling the noodles around my chopstick, my other hand rested under my chin. He remained there for about 5 minutes, before he got a goddamned call from someone.

"Caught you." Sohyee stated while she bit her chicken nugget. I parted my lips to ask her why, but she was quick in shutting me off. "Not once, twice or thrice when you were too lost."

I looked at her confused. "Jungkook is taken." She stated in an obvious tone, making me look at her wide eyed, given the fact she caught me staring, but I gained my composure back.

"So?" She looked at me weirdly and breathed out. "So, back out? What else Ivy."

"And what if I don't want to?"

"Are you telling me you like him?" She questioned back.

"No what the fuck." I laughed out, taking a scoop of the noodles. "I don't do love."

"Then why do you get so elated whenever it's about Jungkook?" Sohyee challenged, staring right at my face. The look she wasn't giving up. But, whatever I said was true. I mean, how can you do love after being thrown into trash and forced to give up an innocent being just for the sake of money and another backstabbing bitch. It's just.....stupid.

"He fascinates me. And, I like to admire him. Moreover, I'll do whatever I want, just to keep him away from her." I muttered the last part under my breath, and continued eating.

"You....I don't even know what to say." She gave up and continued prodding her seekh kebab to break it into two.

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"Hey!" I waved at Jungkook, who was vigorously typing on his phone. Seeing me, he immediately closed it and put it inside. My sixth sense cautioned me about it being suspicious, but my teen-mentality was happy to have his whole attention.

"Oh...h-Hey." He greeted back, with his boyish smile on his face. I decided to ignore the small shutter in his speech.

"So....what you doing?" I questioned leaning against the wall, facing him. He looked at me for a while, and turned around to the opposite direction.

"Just waiting for....." He was cut off by the loud click of heels.

"I'm so sorry Kook to keep you waiting- ohh! Hi Ivy!" The one and only Lee Jinae greeted me with her pleasant smile while wrapping an arm around Jungkook's arm. Jungkook leaned down and kissed her temple, only escalating the fury bubbling inside me.

"Y'all going somewhere?" I coldly ask, my previous happy mood long ruined by her presence.

"Yeah.....we are going to meet my mum in Daejeon. You know, it's dad's death anniversary tomorrow.so.." Jinae pursed her lips in a thin line. Her dad had always been a touchy subject for her; it always seemed as though a dreadful scene passed through her mind everytime her father's topic came up.

"Oh. Safe trip." May a truck run over you. I plastered a fake smile on my face. I was about to walk past them, when I felt her hand grab my forearm. I turned around to face her, "What? I actually have work you know." I tapped my feet impatiently. I felt her hands glide through my arm towards my face. She held a soft look in her eyes, which gave me second thoughts  on the fact, maybe she knew what she was about to do, that night. "Take care." She whispered, while caressing my cheeks.

But that didn't last long. Soon my senses kicked in and I swat her hand away from my face. "I-I know what is the best for me and what is not. I don't need you for that." I snapped at her, crossing my arms around my bust. Hurt crossed her face, but she kept a soft smile on.

I saw Jungkook looking down at her with an empathetic expression, his hand sliding along her waist and bringing her close for comfort.

But when he looked at me, there was no anger or irritation towards me.

He looked back and forth between me and Jinae, as though he was trying to join a broken puzzle.

"Let's just go." Jungkook said, and walked away with Jinae, his hand still wrapped around her.

But my eyes remained stuck on the familiar platinum bracelet which shone under the lights of the corridor. As I continued staring, Jungkook looked back, for a split second to me with an unreadable look, as if he wanted to signal something. With a slight tug on his lips, he turned to look at the front again.

What just happened?

🍁🌸🥀🌸🍁

A/N:

Please pardon by pickup lines...istg that's the reason why I don't have a boyfriend..🙄

Something is brewing. Mmmmm 🤔

Also, maybe the upcoming chaps might  be shorter👉👈.

vOtE iN tHe nAMe of JeOn JuNGkOoK...or gEt pUnisHed bY hIM
(˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵)

Loves❤
-j

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro