38. The Story

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

James wakes up in a cold sweat and looks at Dylan already staring at him with wide eyes. He looks at him knowingly and Dylan nods. James then goes on to explain what he saw.

"And you know the part about how others are connected to this castle confused us? Knight Alfred was Logan and Knight Wesley was William." Dylan nods, thinking more over it.

"I think what I saw was the continuation of what happened after you saw Queen Leila in Rufus's room," Dylan remarks.

Dream Flashback

Rufus looks at Walter with tears in his eyes. Has he heard it right?

Walter is equally shocked to see Leila standing there, grinning behind Rufus's back. How did she get here so fast?

"How did you get here so fast, you witch?" Walter runs to attack Leila but Rufus stops him.

"How dare you call my mother a witch?" Rufus looks at him with fury raging in his eyes.

Walter softens his look a little when he looks at Rufus, "Darling, I will tell you everything but first let me kill this woman. You have no idea what...." But Rufus stops him from saying any further.

"Walter, you don't have an idea of what have you done!" he walks back and takes the sword from his mother's hand, "You killed.......Wesley......you killed the person who protected you!"

Walter looks at his sword and then looks at Rufus, "No, I did not! It was Alfred who killed him with his sword!" Walter was hurt that Rufus didn't believe in him.

Rufus slowly goes to him and holds him by his hair, "The wound on Wesley's body is from your sword. He spoke your name while taking his last breath. And Alfred was the one who was stopping you but you injured him as well." He points at Alfred sitting on the chair in the corner of his room, his arm bleeding.

Walter looks at him with astonishment and saw him smirk. He turns to Rufus and begs him to listen to him, "Darling, please believe me. They all are lying! I saw your brother, Samuel killing your father in front of my eyes. I sent Wesley to keep an eye but Alfred already killed him and caught me. Your brother and this woman here killed your father in cold blood."

"And you were standing there, just looking at them?" Rufus's voice cracked when he asked him this. "And if you didn't kill him, what is all that blood doing on your robe?"

Walter looks at him with confusion and then looks at himself. He was covered in blood! He looks at Leila who was just smiling at him.

"It...this is this woman's entire fault! She did magic......she......" Walter was slapped right across the face by Samuel.

"How dare you accuse the Queen of doing magic inside the castle? It is prohibited!" comes another slap.

"Rufus, I don't know how you can see him as your friend! He should be sent to prison for such heinous crime!"

But Rufus didn't say anything. He simply turned his back to him, trying to hide his tears. He couldn't speak. He was torn between family and love.

Samuel speaks now, "Father always said that the best way to keep a prisoner from escaping is to make sure he never knows he is in prison. But you never treated him as a prisoner. Look now what he did!"

Dream Flashback Ends

"Leila and Samuel framed Walter and Rufus couldn't do anything." James looks at him in bewilderment.

Their door was opened suddenly when Clive came in and shouted, "Logan is back!"

Dylan and James look at each other. Logan is back?

They climb down the bed and head towards the living room. Dylan hugs Logan as soon as he saw him.

"I knew you would come back. I knew it!" Dylan exclaims. James tries to keep his head straight as seeing Logan would remind him of Alfred and his wickedness.

Logan moves towards James and hugs him too. He whispers, "Don't worry James, I am here to fix things. I am not that Knight Alfred." And James just looks at him with shock in his eyes.

"You are back!" William exclaims.

"I had to. When David called me, I was confused. But I dug out a little bit of information and I am here to make things right." He looks at David and everyone is shocked. Even Clive.

"I knew there was something fishy. And everything kept happening one by one. I had to take some steps before William would scrape this project." David looks at William who fiddles with his fingers.

"I....I was actually going to have a meeting....about going back to where we belong...." His voice grows small.

"But there is no need. Logan is here and he will clear everything." Dylan looks at him with pleading eyes.

"You guys need to sit down. You won't be able to take this story in."

Everyone is eager to know the truth. But where was Noah?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro