4. Secrets

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Where is Dylan? I haven't seen him in like 3 days!" Logan asks worriedly.

"I have been trying to call him but it is always busy!" Clive says, still trying his cell, "Look, still busy!"

"He is acting weird. He is locked in his room all day. Barely comes out to even eat. I am worried now." Noah says.

"Don't worry. He must be engrossed in his research. This is like his dream come true." David brings their attention back to work.

"I miss him," James says that a bit too loud and everyone looks at him. "Oops! Did I say that out loud?" he chuckles and everyone laughs. Noah just scoffs.

"Oh that reminds me since I am in Deltora, why don't I go for some sightseeing? I have heard that this place is as beautiful as heaven." James exclaims.

"Yeah, good idea! We still might need some more time to hand over the work. Why don't you take him around Noah?" William did it on purpose so that he could sort out whatever the hell he has with James because now it was starting to affect their work. He can't keep up with Noah scoffing every day on their one-month expedition.

"Oooo...I'd love that!" James claps his hands like a happy seal. Noah tries to protest but William looks at him with puppy eyes.

Damm those puppy eyes! He couldn't say no to those!

"Ughhh fine!" he looks at James, "Are you ready to see Deltora, your highness?" he says with sarcasm.

"Gladly."

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

"And this is..." Noah points to their old school which is now closed.

"Stepford School." James finishes his sentence.

"How did you know?" Noah asks suspiciously. Since it was old the logo wasn't visible.

"I studied here for some time." He says, suddenly becoming quiet.

"But I don't remember seeing you. We all graduated from here." Noah talks about him and others studying here.

"Was here only for a few months. Dad's transfer."

Noah just nods in response. It seems that James doesn't want to talk about it so he doesn't push it. They have stopped talking now and there is this awkward silence in between them. Damm this is uncomfortable!

"You don't want to do this project right?" James initiates a conversation.

"No, no...it's nothing like that..." Noah looks down as he was lying.

"Your eyes say something else," James smirks.

"It's just a lost cause. No one knows anything about it anyway." Noah argues.

"Or maybe someone doesn't want them to know." James points at Noah.

Noah says nothing and walks ahead of him, ignoring the topic.

"Does Dylan know?" James continues, standing beside him again.

"About what?" Noah is still looking ahead and walking.

"You are from the family of King Benjamin."

Noah stops dead on his tracks. How the fuck did he know?

"How'd...how did you know?" Noah stutters as he asks this. What if he tells Dylan?

"I am a businessman too Noah. I wouldn't put my hard-earned money in a lost cause will I?" Now James is walking ahead of him with a smug expression on his face. Noah grabs his collar and pulls him back,

"Just who the fuck are you?" rage dripping from his voice.

"King Walter..." he smirks again, "Is my ancestor."

Noah gulps. No way!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro