• 9 - "Family." •

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

<Later that evening... • Null's POV>

We had decided to set up camp on the way to Rhea city, and I swear that my eardrums exploded at least twice now from all the yelling. Virgo and Topaz were arguing nonstop. First they argued about me, and then the subject changed. After a bit, They finally decided to cool their heads, and everyone was silent as we set up a tent and some sleeping bags in a clearing in Umbre forest. "Null, Alistair, and Alex, could you three gather some firewood please?" Virgo asked kindly, as we all nodded. We walked into the dense forest for a batch of dead wood. Ace had been unconscious still, probably because he had been so worn out from a rough battle. He wasn't dead, because he was still breathing, and his heart was beating. But it still made me uneasy. I grabbed a few pieces of dead wood and dry branches off of the ground, as I thought about Hellfire and Hades.

Why does their boss want me back after they kicked me out?

I couldn't help getting trapped in deep thought, as I walked through the forest. "..." A small yellow light flashed above me, and swirled around me. Soon more and more appeared. "Fireflies..." I said, as I watched them all fly to the west. Without thinking, I began to follow them. They flickered and flashed, as they led me towards a small cliff with an amazing view of the night sky. "Wow..." I mumbled, looking at the stars up above. I set the firewood down next to a tree, then sat down in the grass, staring at the big full moon shining above. "So, you like it here too?" I heard a familiar voice as I turned around. "Oh, Alistair." I said, as he smiled slightly. "Yeah, the view is nice..." I mumbled, sitting back down. "I come here quite often. It's a calming place." He said, sitting down as I nodded. "Somethings troubling you." He said, as I sighed. "The Village, Ace, the attack... Those events were all because of me..." I mumbled, hugging my knees. "Why do you say that?" He asked, as I shrugged. "They burnt the village down, all because they wanted me back..." I said, hugging my knees even tighter. "You shouldn't place the blame on yourself." Alistair replied, as I stood up. "Topaz even said it. It's all my fault." I said, closing my eyes. "Name one person who listens to him. No one." Alistair spoke, as I sighed again. "You shouldn't do this to yourself. Even if it is your fault. Don't place the blame on your shoulders. If you take the weight of the blame, your shoulders will get too heavy, and you'll fall." He said, as I looked up at the starry sky. "Stop treating your self esteem like a punching bag. It'll make things worse." He smiled as I lowered my eyes. "Then again, I can't force you to be happier. All I can do is give advice and hope that you listen to it." He shrugged, as I smiled slightly at his jest.

Just then, I felt a spark reignite in my chest.

"..." I stayed silent, as I looked at the view from the cliff. "Well?" Alistair stood up and walked over to me. "Feeling better? Or do you still want to be all depressed?" He asked, as I turned towards him. "I'm feeling better..." I smiled. "Good." He patted my head. "There you guys are!" Alex ran over to us. "Virgo demands the firewood. Now." He shuddered. We both sighed, before picking up the bundles of wood we had gathered. We headed back to the clearing.

Timeskip!~

"Where have you been?" Virgo grumbled, hands on her hips. "We were distracted." Alistair shrugged. "Y-yeah." I nodded shyly. "Ace has been worried, Null." Virgo huffed. "Is he okay?" I asked, as she nodded. "He's in the tent." She pointed, as I smiled. I walked to the tent, crawling inside. "Oh, hey." Ace grinned. "..." I began to tear up. "Aw, don't cry." He laughed, sitting up and pulling me into a hug.

(OH FACK OH FACK! *Cue Waffles(aka author-chan) squealing and rolling on the floor* IM OKAY, I THINK... Now, Back to the story!)

"I'm sorry." I looked down. "What do you mean?" He asked, as I sniffled. "Those people came and attacked the village because of me." I said. "Don't say that. Virgo knew it would happen at some point, as well as Gus and I." He said, wiping my eyes for me. "Virgo had figured out who you were, Null. I have no idea how, but she was prepared for the worst." He smiled. "Why didn't she kick me out then?" I asked. "Because she had a daughter and a loving family at a point in her Life. Its not that simple to abandon someone you adore. Besides that, you shouldn't worry about this stuff." He said, as I sighed. "By the way, you knew that Absol guy right?" Ace asked, as I nodded. "Do you even like him?" He asked again, as I shook my head no. "Why are you asking this out of the blue?" I asked, tilting my head. "N-No reason! Haha!" He laughed nervously. "He's always been weird like that. Then again he was on a different team, so I didn't see him much." I shrugged. "NOW KISS!" Airy nearly ripped the entrance of the tent open, with a mischievous look on her face. "AAAH!" We both shouted. "Hahah!" Airy giggled, as I began to laugh. "Airy I swear!" Ace grumbled.

So, this is what a family is like, huh?

Making each other laugh, and sticking together when times get rough.

I...

I like it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay guys, I'm not DED! Yay XD

But seriously, if I had squealed, my dad would look at me like, "what the FAK are you squealing about."

I'd reply with: "AN OTP THAT I CONTROL!"

XD

So, from what I've seen, continuing this book is gonna be worth it haha!

I'm actually really fond of Alistair, Virgo, Ace, and all of the other characters.

I love having people make characters, because they all are so different in terms of personality and how they act.

Yet at the same time, all of the characters fit perfectly in a team puzzle.

XD

They're all connected, and they get along, too.

TBH Airy is me and every shipper that reads this.

DONT DENY IT
XD

Alright my dudes! One thing before I go.

I'm planning on making another character like null, besides Hades.

>:3

Have fun figuring that one out lol

Aight! I'll see you all in the next chapter! Bye bye!~

Stay cool my dudes! o7

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro