22. All Ready!

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Vote and Comment!

"Maa! Is Tipendra uncle okay now?" Avni questioned Neela who just entered the room, returning from the hospital. Avni had reached India a day before, she insisted on visiting Mr. Tipendra in the hospital but Neela decided against it. Neela knew that none of her family members had accepted Avni or Amol. All her relatives saw the kids with envy for taking up the 50% of the company that belonged to the 'blood' family. But Neela knew them better. She knew how she had taken the company to heights with Prakash Khanna's support. She owed nothing to her so-called family but was here just for the sake of her dead father. Her father had always loved his brother dearly and thought of his children to be his own. 

"He is fine now baccha, now go and take your suitcases we need to check out." Neela told Avni. Neela had told Avni to stay in the hotel since she was unsure if she wanted to go back to Asha's old house which held so many memories for her. Neela had already sold their old house before moving to London as she was in need of funds. And, she knew she could not live in her relative's house along with Avni, it would have been awkward for both Neela and Avni. Thus, hotel seemed to be the best option available. 

"But Ma, where are we going to stay?" Avni asked, confused. Neela smiled at her.

"Baccha, I just rented an apartment. No, not rented, it actually belongs to one of my business partners. SO, we will be staying there from now." Neela finished and started to look for her purse.

"But Ma, how long are we going to stay here?" Avni asked again

"Uff! Avni, you ask so many questions. You need all the answers, don't you?" Avni nodded. "Avni, I know you don't want to stay here long as Aman is alone in London. But baccha, the business  here is not going well, I need to stay here for some  time to ensure everything is back on track"

"But Ma, this isn't your job, I mean that you left the business here, right?" Avni was curious.

"I did Avni, but as a shareholder and part-owner of the company, the profits do affect us, right?" Avni nodded. "I can't trust Jitesh bhai anymore, I mean at least at this point. We need to stick here for a bit longer. May be a year or more than that" Neela said

"A YEAR!" Avni exclaimed

" I know Avni, I just called Aman on my way back from the hospital, he was pretty cool about it but still, I told him that we'll be visiting him once in a while" Neela said, still looking for her purse. 

"But Ma, what about the business in London? I think I should go take care of it." Avni suggested

"No Avni, I'm shifting the base here for a year since everything here needs more attention. I just went through the company's financial statements and we have a big mess to be solved." Neela sighed as she found her purse under the sofa chair in the room.

"Ma, but what will I do here, I think I should go back" Avni said desperately.

"Don't worry about that, I found you a job" Neela exclaimed. "You know, our business partner, the one who helped us to settle in London?" Avni nodded affirmatively. She heard Neela talk about them once in a while. "I asked Mr. Prakash to hire you and he offered you an interview. Trust me Avni, he's the best mentor. He trained his son too. You'll come out polished if you train under his company." Neela said, excited.

"But Ma,."Avni was interrupted by Neela

"Avni what is it? All your arguments start with 'But Ma' I'm telling you it's for your best. You don't need to worry about anything when I'm here. SO just relax and prepare to check out. We'll talk about everything later" Neela said, trying to calm the curious cat. 

"Okay Ma, as you say" Avni gave in. Both proceeded towards the apartment. It was a bachelor pad, with a little kitchen, a small dining place, two sofas placed on the side along with a king-sized bed and an attached bathroom. The apartment was furnished but lacked the 'home' touch. She thought it was probably because it was vacant for a long time. 

"Avni, baccha, you sit I'll bring some groceries and other stuff. We'll go shopping afterwards because you clearly need something to wear for tomorrow's interview" Avni stared at Neela with wide eyes. She NEVER mentioned that the interview was tomorrow. It was going to be her first interview ever! Neela noticed Avni freaking out.

"Relax baccha, it's just an interview. I know you'll do well. Just talk to the interviewer as if you're talking to a man on the road or at a party. Don't stress yourself out. Now go wash your face and take some rest until I'm back." Neela prepared to leave as Avni nodded. 

After stuffing the food items in the refrigerator, Neela freshened up to leave for the mall. Avni and Neela were both hell exhausted, thanks to the jet lag. Avni thought she could pass out at any moment. The only thing that kept her awake was- food. The thought of having food. She felt that it had been ages since she had eaten, though she had had a light breakfast- milk and an apple in the hotel room this morning. She wondered how Neela was surviving owing to the fact that she needs something to eat every other hour. But again, Neela was SHOPPING. Neela's first love- shopping. She seemed to be lost in a world of her own while going through the dresses in the department- criticizing some while appreciating others. Avni smiled as she saw her mother's child-like enthusiasm.

"Ma, I'm hungry" Avni whined as Neela paid at the cash counter. Picking up five huge bags from the counter, Neela passed on three to Avni and pulled out her wallet.

"Okay! Let's eat!!" Neela squealed while Avni let out a chuckle. Later that night when both Neela and Avni were ready to retire, Neela put Avni's head on her lap and ran her fingers through her hair. 

"Baccha, I may have to leave for the Ahmadabad and the Surat outlets and factories over the country to make sure everything is on track again. Are you sure you will handle here alone?" Neela asked Avni

"Maaa, you can leave Aman alone in a different country, but you can't leave me alone in a different city?" Avni pouted." not fair ma, I'm older to him" Neela chuckled

"So are you ready for tomorrow? All set?" Neela asked Avni about the interview preparations.

"All set Ma. All Ready!" Avni said as she leaned onto the pillow to sleep

Vote and Comment!! 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro