Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Chapter Twenty-Five
Zoe's Dead

3rd Person POV

thena woke up the next morning and she got a text from rowan

'hey going to stop by elisias for ash, you wanna come?' the text read and thena stood up from her bed quickly and she got dressed

'always, heading out right now' she texted back as she slipped on her shoes and she went out of the door. her parents were working , she got to elisias and saw rowan waiting for her

"let's go" ro said and they walked up to elisias and knocked on the door as they walked in

"delivery" thena called as he chuckled

"hungry?" rowan held up the bag

"starving, thanks" Ash said and thena smiled at him

"this is a cute look for you" she said and he threw a shirt at her

"thanks t" he said jokingly and she smiled at him

" What's up?" rowan asked as she sat down on the couch with thena sitting next to her

" I went to go see Zoe's dad at the hospital. She will visit him there. He had cancer. He passed away a few days ago" Ash said and thena drew in a breathe

"that's horrible" thena said and rowan agreed

" Yeah she never told me. I hung out with her a few times actually. It seems stupid now but" Rowan said and thena shook her head with ash

"it's not stupid"

" No I get it. That's why I asked you guys to come. Someone drop this off for Zoe at the hospital. The nurse give it to me" Ash said and he handed it to thena

"what is this?" rowan said and thena opened it

" Love possesses not know it would be possessed" thena read off

" Yeah, it's from a book. The prophet" ash said

" Yeah love possesses not nor will be possessed for love is sufficient unto love" Rowan read

" I can't talk to elisia about this, but Zoe didn't shoot me. Even if she is king cobra, Zoe didn't shoot me" he stated

" Yeah but even if she didn't do it she's a leader as she knows who did and we're gonna have to use this against her to find her" Thena said

"thank you guys" ash said and thena nodded

"we have to go figure this out but please be safe" thena said and she stood up as she kissed ash's forehead and she left with rowan behind her

"your house?" thena asked and rowan nodded

"yeah but not the one we always go to" Rowan said and they walked to rowan's house and thena stood in front of it

"moms house?" thena asked and rowan nodded

"yeah and you'll never guess who i'm living with" Rowan said and trevor walked out of the house

"trevor?" thena said and trevor smiled at her

"hey na-na how are you?" he asked and she shrugged

"could be better" she said

"brandon's inside. your mom wants us to go to the store so let's go" Trevor said to rowan and rowan smiled at her

"you'll be okay?" rowan asked

"yeah it's just brandon" thena said

"exactly, it's brandon" rowan said and thena sighed as she pushed her hair behind her ear

"i'll be fine" she said and she walked into the house finding brandon

"thena? what are you doing here?" he asked her

"well rowan does live here now and i'm just with her so you know" thena said as she walked into the room and sat on the floor

"that comfortable?" he asked and thena nodded

"always, it's the floor" thena said and she smiled up at him.

"are you okay?" he asked as he sat on the floor with her as she played with her shoelaces

"i want to trust you brandon but that's really hard to do" she whispered and he grabbed the side of her face

" i know and i'm sorry but i swear i'm fixing this" he said as he leaned his forehead against hers. silence had become their best friend and they were okay with it

they sat there until her phone rang

'zoe's dead' and thena pulled her head away from brandon's

"what? thena, what?" he asked

"she's dead, zoe's dead" thena said and brandon sighed

"what do we do thena?" he asked and she shrugged

"just because she's dead doesn't mean the zoo is dead, this isn't over and we're screwed b" thena said and he shook his head

"no thena no we're not. i have you alright, i promised you that i would protect you and i will. always, alright?" he asked and she sighed

"don't make promises b" she said and he sighed

" i can't help it thena, i have to make this promise. i need you to be safe" he stated and she agreed

"i will, you can trust me" she said

"but you can't trust me" he said and she nodded

"it's hard too brandon" and that's when trevor walked in

"you two okay?" he asked and thena nodded as she stood up and helped brandon up

"yeah but i have to go" Thena said and they nodded at each other

"bye t" brandon said and she smiled at him

"bye b" and she left. she walked out of the room and to rowan's room, she saw rowan sitting on the bed and she looked up at her

"you okay?" rowan asked and thena nodded

"always, it's just brandon" she exclaimed and she laid next to rowan. they fell asleep together and they were comfortable with that. thena and rowan best friends and okay with that

but thena and brandon?

-ABBYS NOTES-
feeling the need to update due to me loving them

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro