Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Start writing your story

Nenari's POV~

About two weeks later, Nenari was up in the crow's nest, watching the ocean bob and writhe as it parted for the sleek hull of the Chimera. Nenari let out a small sigh as she watched the horizon overhead, hugging herself and absentmindedly playing with her hair. Down below on the deck, Ember the wolf-dog paced around, growling and sniffing at the items around the ship. The dark colored wolf dog then moved over and walked past Spike, still sniffing happily. Spike stopped and looked over at her, growling happily as he plodded over to her, growling softly.

Ember looked at him, bearing her white teeth in aggression at the mastiff-mix. She then trotted off, leaving Spike feeling rejected. He turned and walked over to Marina, with his tail between his legs.

Marina looked down and Govea soft sigh, "Oh, Spike, I'm sorry." She pet her head, "She might come around, you know." She jiggled his drool-covered jowls.

Spike seemed to perk up at that and he licked her cheek, barking before he ran over to Sinbad, receiving an affectionate pat on the head. He smiled as he approached Marina, "We will be landing in Syracuse by sundown." He said with a prideful smile, "And they doubted me."

Marina chuckled as she reached up and cupped his handsome face, "I never doubted." She leaned in and planted a kiss on his lips before she pulled away and went about her work.

Sinbad stared after her dreamily, a big stupid grin on his face. Kale came up beside him and clapped him on the back, "Pick your jaw up off the floor." He said with a chuckle.

Sinbad scoffed and laughed as he turned to the wheel of the ship and took his post. He glanced up seeing Nenari swinging her way down on various ropes and landing in a perfect crouch on the deck, her charcoal black hair wavering in the breeze as the sunlight illuminated her dark olive skin. Sinbad then looked over and blinked in surprise seeing Kale was staring at her with the same stupid grin he just had on while staring at his girlfriend.

"Ask her out once we get to Syracuse." Sinbad said with a grin on his lips.

Kale blinked out of his stupor and looked over at him, "You think so?"

"Kale, I have known you for years, and I have never seen you look at a woman like the way you are looking at Nenny over there." He grins cheekily, "Come on, all you gotta do is flash her that winning smile, flex those Olympian muscles and take her on a stroll by moonlight and you'll be husband and wife by morning." He elbowed him in the side.

Kale let out a bark of laughter, "Riiight, because that's how all relationships go." He then looked over at her, "I will say this though, when she spoke that other language, I am certain it was Zulu." He said.

"You saying she's from Africa?" Sinbad inquired skeptically.

Kale shrugged, "Possibly. But, from what we can gather she was stranded on that island at such an impressionable age she can't remember most of her life. Only that her mother left her that map, and apparently the answers come with the treasure."

"Well, good thing we're on our way to find it then!" Sinbad says with a huge grin.

It was about an hour before sundown when the Chimera docked in the great city. The crew moved about in a rushed manor, tossing lines to each other and Sinbad rang over the chatter, barking orders. Nenari stood at the prow of the ship, staring in awe as this white marble giant of a city rose up out of the cliffs and hills. Ember stood beside her and growled softly, nuzzling her leg. Nenari reached into her pocket and pulled out her map again, staring at it, then up at the city as she took a shaky breath in.

Kale came up beside her, "Nenari?"

She looked at him, "I have never seen something so grand. Only in my dreams did I ever conjure up a place like this." She folded up her map again.

Kale gave a breathless chuckle before he spoke, "Come on, lets get to shore." He gently took her hand in his.

Nenari looked down at her hand in his, then up at him, and she smiled gently, "I'll follow you."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro