Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Guys, something's wrong."

Everyone looked up in the living room as Wade spoke. He sat up on the couch, sniffed, then stood up. "Someone's in the woods. Someone that shouldn't be."

Jack, Suzy, and I stood up with him. "Lead the way, Wade." Suzy commanded.

We followed Wade to the woods, letting him lead as he followed the scent. Eventually, he perked up and turned right. "Is it..." He quickly turned into his wolf form and ran in that direction. We followed closely behind until we reached a clearing. There was a waterfall surrounded by rocks, and the water looked deep enough to swim. There was someone on top, sitting on a rock and facing away from us. My breath hitched as I heard two voices- Amethyst and Signe.

"If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?" Signe asked.

"Ireland." Amethyst answered quickly. "Father likes to talk about when he lived there with his family, before he moved to LA. It sounds so beautiful, even if it's always raining. What about you?"

"Japan, I think. Or South Korea. I've been to both before, although I never stayed for long. It's really cool. Maybe I'll take you someday."

"That sounds amazing."

I looked over at Jack, who was fuming. "Hey!" Signe jumped, spinning around and staring at us with wide eyes. Jack stepped forward. "Name one good reason why I shouldn't kill you on the spot?"

Amethyst sat up quickly. "No, wait, hang on-"

"Amethyst." Suzy said quietly. "Come here."

Jack glared at Signe. "Suzy, I need you to scream."

Amethyst shook her head frantically. "No, wait!"

I sprinted up the waterfall and wrapped my arms around Amethyst, jumping down into the water below us. We both changed, and I swam us further down to block out the sound. She struggled in my arms. "Dad, please! Don't do this!"

I shook my head. "I'm sorry, sweetie. I can't do anything to stop it."

She looked up at me, tears forming. "I can't lose her again."

"I know."

She wiggled out of my arms, swimming back up. "If she's going down, I'm going down with her."

There was a flash of green, and Jack was with us. She grabbed her wrist and pulled her down. He glared at her. "What were you thinking, being out here with her? Do you even know who she is?"

"I don't care!" Amethyst sobbed.

"You don't care?" He almost screamed. "Amethyst, she tried to kill us! She's the reason why I changed! She's made our lives a living hell, and you say you don't care?"

I put a hand on his chest, pushing him back slightly. "Jack, calm down. This isn't the time."

He pushed my hand off, growling. "Don't try. I need answers." He turned back to Amethyst, who was sobbing. "What are you doing with her? How long has this been going on?"

Amethyst wiped her cheeks. "Father, please stop..."

"Tell me, before I go up there and kill her."

My eyes widened. "Jack, you wouldn't-"

"Father, no-"

Jack turned to me. "Do you know something that I don't? Why are you trying to protect Signe?"

"If I told you, you'll-"

"Father, I love her!"

Jack turned to her. "...I'm sorry?"

Amethyst widened her eyes, clamping her hands over her mouth. She paused, taking in what she said. "I... I love her."

He turned back to me. "And you knew?"

I looked at Amethyst. "Sweetie... do it."

"Do what?" Jack forced.

She grabbed our wrists, giving us a vision. It was exactly the same vision Amethyst gave me when she was born- her wedding day with Signe.

"Amethyst Fishbach," Suzy stated, "do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold forever because you're both immortal?"

Everyone around us laughed. I looked to my left, seeing Jack staring ahead, and Remy looking around. Remy locked eyes with me and stuck his tongue out. "Stop looking at me like that, Dad."

I smirked, and Jack looked over at us. "What? I can't imagine your wedding with Thomas?"

Remy blushed, shrinking in his seat. "Come on, Dad."

I chuckled. "Fine, I'll stop." I turned back to the three women.

"And you," Suzy continued. "Signe Hansen. Do you take this woman as your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold forever?"

"I do." Signe said with a smile, staring into Amethyst's eyes.

The vision paused around us, and Jack stood, turning to me. "Is... is this real?"

I stood up, as well. "Visions don't lie, Jack."

We were brought back to the real world. We both looked at Amethyst, who was still crying, wiping her cheeks again. "It's true, Father. I love her."

Jack looked at me. "And... you knew? This whole time?"

I nodded. "That was the first vision she ever showed me, on the day I brought her home."

Jack looked back at her. "And she's the woman you've been seeing? This whole time?"

She nodded. "She wasn't lying when she told me she wanted to make amends with everyone."

A second of silence passed, and Jack held his face in his hands. "I am a fucking asshole." He looked up at Amethyst. "I'm so sorry, Amethyst."

She shook her head. "It's fine, I get it-"

"No, you don't understand." Jack smiled weakly. "The way I'm acting with Signe is the exact same way my parents reacted with Mark."

I chuckled. "Oh, they absolutely hated me."

Amethyst looked between us. "Really?"

Jack nodded. "Really. And do you know what I did about it?" She shook her head. "I fought against them. I pushed through everything, and I never stopped, not even on the day of our wedding." He stared at her for a moment before pulling her into a tight hug. "I'm so, so sorry. For everything."

Amethyst cried in his shoulder. "I'm sorry, too. For not telling you before." She looked up at me and grabbed my hand, pulling me in.

Jack looked up at me. "How did we ever have such a wonderful daughter?"

I laughed. "I think that's entirely your fault."

"Shut up and enjoy the moment." Amethyst said to us. Jack and I laughed before settling into the embrace.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro