Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The room was silent for a long moment, before all hell broke loose.

"Oh my GOD!"

"Another clan war?"

"This can't be happening!"

"I mean, does it really matter if it's Signe?"

Everyone turned to Aphmau, glaring. "YES!" They all screamed simultaneously.

"As I stated before, Signe is a part of this clan, whether you all like it or not." Suzy said, as calmly as she could manage. "With that being said, we need to protect her, now. And remember, it's not just her life at stake- it's all of ours. If she goes down, we all will, too."

"But it's not fair!" Aphmau protested. "She's treated most of us poorly for our whole lives! Why do we have to accept her wholeheartedly now, solely because she's marrying into the clan? That doesn't take back everything she's ever done. Hell, Jack wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for her!"

"You're right." Jack spoke up. "I wouldn't be here. Neither would Amethyst, and neither would Remy." He looked at the newcomers to the clan, and all of the ones we gained from the first clan war. "And neither would most of you. She may have done horrible things to us in the past, but she's tried apologizing to everyone. Last night, up on the roof- what was she mumbling as she sobbed?" The group mumbled to themselves. "In her old, twisted way, she created most of us. And we owe her our lives. Each and every one of us. Now we have a chance to forgive her, and to let my daughter get married to the love of her life. You can either stand with her, or against this clan. Now, who's with us?"

The room was silent for a long moment, before Ethan stood to his feet. "I'm in." He turned to the room. "He's right. We owe her our lives."

Ross stood, too. "It was a vision. It's going to happen. I'm in."

"Me, too." Mandy and Molly said simultaneously. They stood up with Bob and Wade, who shared a glance and shrugged.

"I'll do it." All heads turned to the stairway, staring at Max, who nervously rubbed his neck. "As Ross said, it was in a vision, right?"

Slowly, everyone was on their feet, expressing their agreement. Jack and I held each other's hand, grinning. "Now is the hard part- breaking it to them."

"Signe already knows they're going to get married." I spoke up. "Amethyst, too. They just don't know when."

"Or how." Remington added. "That makes this all-"

"SIGNE!" Amethyst screamed from outside. We all shared a look before pouring outside to the pool deck, where Signe collapsed. Amethyst was hovering over her, worried. She looked up at me. "She just collapsed- I don't know what happened-"

Molly moved over, hovering her hands over Signe's body for a moment before jumping back in fear. "Amy and Kathryn are contacting her. They're angry."

"Can you show us the conversation?" Suzy asked. "I know it will be a lot of magic-"

"I can do it." Molly took a deep breath before returning her hands. Two screens appeared, almost like holograms. One showed Signe, with a black background. The other showed Amy and Kathryn, back at their base.

"You are violating a contract." Kathryn stated in a monotone voice.

"I am doing no such thing." Signe forced. "I said I would be away for a few weeks, and I am."

"You are on enemy territory." Amy argued back, also in a monotone voice. "We can sense it."

"There are no enemies here-"

"There are your escapees. Max, Jess, Thomas. Throw in Mark, Seán, and Amethyst, if you must. They all escaped. They are traitors. They are enemies."

"Can't we all live in peace for one goddamn second?" Signe sighed. "Fine, fine. I'll be back in two days. We all can hunt, and you'll be happy. Okay?"

"No." Kathryn answered. "We will be there in one. You will either come willingly, or we will kill everyone there until you are the last one standing."

"Now, there's no use for violence. Let's try and solve this like civilized people. There doesn't have to be a clan war-"

"That's what it has become. Be back in twenty-four hours, or we will be there."

The hologram disappeared, and Signe woke with a start. Amethyst grabbed her shoulders, grounding her. "Signe?"

She caught her breath, her eyes wide as she looked back at Amethyst. "We're in danger. We're in danger, and it's all because of me." Her eyes quickly filled with tears, turning to everyone else. "I'm so, so sorry. I didn't mean-"

"We know." Suzy answered, putting a hand on Signe's arm. "There's no need to worry. We have a plan."

"What do you mean?" She looked at everyone frantically.

"The vision we told you about?" I kneeled down to her. "It's happening. It's the only way to make everyone safe."

"How? I don't-" She paused for a moment, thinking it over before her eyes widened, realization dawning. "You're not declared enemies if I'm married..."

Amethyst choked. "I- what?" She turned to me. "Dad? What are you talking about? What's going on?"

"Signe." Jack spoke up, a small smile on his face. "I think there's something you need to ask Amethyst."

Signe blushed, shaking her head madly. "I can't. Not in front of everyone."

"You have to." Remy was at her side, pulling her up onto one knee. "It's the only way."

Signe sighed, painfully aware of every eye on her. Amethyst stared, realizing what was happening. "Amethyst... we're in danger right now. Not just me and you, but all of us here. And... if we're going to die, I want to die being loved by you. We have four days until they get here. I can't believe I'm asking this, but... before those four days are up, will you be the one to marry me?"

Amethyst was crying. "I... what? So soon? But my vision... it was beautiful, all planned out-"

"That doesn't mean we can't have a redo, if we survive this whole mess."

"You mean... this is actually happening?" Amethyst stared at everyone. "You're all... okay with this?"

"Don't ask what we want." Suzy spoke up, placing her hands on Amethyst's shoulders. "Answer her question- will you marry her?"

There wasn't a second thought. "Yes. Yes, I will marry you."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro