[3]

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"A little bit more." Ruby tackled with me to apply more lipstick. "It's enough. No." "You're going on a date. You should look attractive." "By making my lips a dark shade of red? No thanks." The doorbell rang. "I'll open the door!", Ruby exclaimed. I rolled my eyes; she's more excited than I am. Smirking in triumph, I pocketed my phone. I still looked badass. Cropped white t-shirt, a brown leather jacket, skinny jeans and combat boots. "Arty! Ace is here." I descended the stairs and was greeted by a smiling Ace. "Whoa." He gawked at me appreciatively. "If you're going to stare at me all day, then we're not going on a date." "No, no. I mean, you look different." "Is that a compliment?" He grinned and took my arm. "Yeah."

He leads me to his car. When he opens the door, I scowl. "Really? Who brings their bro to a date?" Ace chuckled. "He won't bother us. He wanted to buy some coffee too." I sat down next to Jax. Ace started the ignition and drove towards the café. Jax stared out of the window. "He's not really talkative. You'll get kinda bored back there." "You're there to keep me entertained." He looked behind for a moment and gazed at me. Our eyes locked. Jax snorted. "Why don't you let me drive the car? If you drive like this, we are definitely going to get an accident." Ace and Jax switched places. "Can I ask you something?" "What?" I looked at Ace. "What is your surname? You never told me." "You have a sharp memory. Kenneally." Jax stiffened and Ace's smile faltered. He regained his smile. "Right." "Is there something wrong with my surname?" "No. Of course not." He looked at Jax. "Okay. We're here. Arty why don't you go on ahead. I and Jax will be right behind."

"Kenneally? You think she's-" Jax shushed him. "If she is, she can hear you right now." "What should we do?" "Leave her back home." "What? Are you stupid? I can't bail out on her. I was the one who invited her." "She would be safe if she stays away from us. She can enjoy her freedom for a longer time." Ace looked worried.

I blinked back tears. Why did he ask me out if he wanted to stay away? Ace started to walk in my direction. He looked at my face. "You heard that, didn't you?" "I'm going home. I don't wanna date you." I turn on my heel and start walking. Ace slightly runs behind me to pick my pace. "Hey. I didn't mean that. It's just that you should stay away from me. It would be better." "So now both the Ralph brothers hate me." "Believe me I don't. I... like you. But you have to stay away. I'll give you a ride home." "No thanks." I started running now; he didn't follow me.

Looking around me, I sighed. Great. I'm lost. There were trees all around me. I didn't even know the way home; I should have just taken a ride from Ace. Now I hate my ego. I contemplated on calling Ruby. "Hey, Rubes. I'm lost." "In his eyes?" I blushed. "In the woods." "You were supposed to be on a date." "He told me to stay away from him." "Oh. That's okay. It happens. You'll find someone new." "Right now, I am going to find someone to replace you. What part of our conversation you didn't understand? I need a ride home!!!" A voice snarled at me, which sent shivers down my spine. It was the same voice that I had heard in the closet under the cupboard.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro