#21 National Level

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"The honor is mine, old madam. Please just call me Ah-ri." She stood and assisted her to sit.

The old lady chose to sit beside her on the lengthy couch.

"No need to be polite then! Call me granny. All the people in this house call me that. I invited you here for a simple thanks and try to get to know Rami's savior. The whole family will have lunch later and you'll soon meet them, I'm sure they also want to meet you."

She held both of Ah-ri's hands and the warmth from her elderly ones instantly traveled to Ah-ri's heart.

Who wouldn't love such a hearty grandma?

"We're very thankful for you ah. If not for you, we wouldn't know that Rami's treated that way by his classmates. He's the only child in this house but the kid's always quiet and doesn't like to be spoiled. You must know that child rarely interacts with outsiders so I was surprised to learn that he even gave you his name! Tsk, I'm really worried about him!"

Ri-yan who was ignored from the moment the old madam came, finally spoke.

"Rami was bullied, halmeoni?" [1]

Ah-ri almost flipped over when the warm granny suddenly became a ferocious tigress.

"You don't know anything in this house. You can't even take care of your wife!"

Ah-ri: (゜o゜)

Ri-yan: ( ゚д゚)

"G-granny..." He uneasily called.

"What granny? Don't call me granny, stupid grandson-in-law!"

The old madam pounded her cane on the floor.

Ri-yan could only helplessly run his fingers through his platinum hair.

Ah-ri changed her mind.

This wasn't just a high-level secret.

This was a secret of the national level!

If Ah-ri had an ounce of romantic feelings for this oppa, she could have been outraged by now.

Even as his friend, he didn't tell her that he was married.

At first, she thought that Ri-yan was Rami's relative. It turned out that he was related to him by marriage!

Now, Ah-ri was even more curious about Ri-yan's identity and that of his wife.

She wanted to scold this oppa for hiding her sister-in-law from her but now wasn't the time.

He probably had his own reasons but she'd slap him if he still insisted on hiding it.

The old madam also noticed that she was scolding her grandson-in-law in front of a guest so she decided to halt.

But she still had to justify her actions. "So what if Ah-ri hears it? Isn't she your good dongsaeng? She also deserves to know! Don't think that this old woman doesn't know how much you fool around with other girls! Oh, my poor granddaughter's heart!"

Ah-ri vehemently nodded at this and started glaring at Ri-yan.

Back then, she totally ignored his way of flirting but knowing that he already had a wife and was still frivolous, she hated that she couldn't scratch his face!

"What the?! Even you?" Ri-yan was aggrieved.

Why were all women judgmental?

You don't know my situation, okay?!

This stinky little girl that he treated as his sister already sided with the enemy.

There was no use but to accept judgment.

"Oh, Yanyan's home?"

The trio all turned to the kind-looking middle-aged man who was holding Rami in his arms.

He greeted the old madam, asking why she was always scolding Ri-yan whenever he visited.

Ri-yan looked like he found a hero.

"Is this Miss Baek? You look even prettier up close! I'm Na Jaehwoon, Rami's grandfather."

Ah-ri thanked him graciously, insisting to just call her by her name.

"Annyeong Rami!" She then turned to the jaded boy because Jaehwoon looked a lot like someone she knew.

Add that to the fact that he was surnamed Na, Ah-ri had a bad premonition.

And soon, it became real.

"What's going on here?"

It was a puzzled voice.

Miss Na entered the room like a queen.

She first looked at Ri-yan with inquiry in her eyes. Then her gaze landed on Ah-ri.

The staring contest ended with the old madam slapping Ri-yan's arm.

"Your wife goes home and you can't even greet her properly?! Are you even a man?!"

The two men inside the room had bitter smiles. The old madam was too gender-biased.

But Ah-ri's vision momentarily blacked out when she heard this.

Her... Her sister-in-law was Miss Na?!!!! Or should she say Mrs. Kyo now?

"Leigh," Ri-yan bit his lips while looking at Re-yee.

Na Re-yee sighed and whispered, "Let's talk later."

The whole family then started to walk to the dining area.

Ah-ri walked between Re-yee and Ri-yan.

She felt that the two were more like strangers than husband and wife.

Ah-ri thought that her worldviews were shattering bit by bit.

If these two were married, then who was that blind man?

Omo, was this the legendary arranged marriage but the wife can't forget her first love and the husband was in a one-sided love with the wife?

Ah-ri suddenly pitied her oppa.

Then, wouldn't that show that Yin Hua Lei's true love and soulmate was Xia Yu Heng?

Ah-ri admitted that if she'd choose, it would be the Xia Lian Bei ship. It was mainly because she was biased and wanted to think that Ah'Heng was all hers.

But if fate kept opposing then, she'd probably have to give up.

That was definitely painful to think of.

"Ah-ri..." She was woken from her daze when Re-yee called her.

"I... didn't correct the misunderstanding from the beginning. Jeongi is my younger brother and my... My husband is Michael-- Ri-yan."

Only now did Ah-ri notice how Re-yee wasn't used to calling him by his local name.

But wait...

"I'm sorry, come again?"

Re-yee had a difficult expression.

It was really awkward to repeat that.

"The part where I'm her husband?" Ri-yan casually asked.

"No... Before that." She repeated in a quiet voice.

"Oh... that Il-jeong was her brother? Yeah, your imagination is quite fantastic, girl. What made you think that they're in a relationship?"

Ri-yan shot her a disapproving look. Now that it was smoothed over, he could breathe again.

"Ha ha~ I... Just..." It took every ounce of Ah-ri's efforts to fight the blooming smile on her lips.

---

[1]Halmeoni- grandmother

Hohoho~~ chap for the day folks!!! Bon appètit~~

So I'm thinking of updating once a week BUT every update is 5-7 chapters. What do you think? So after this, next ud will be Thu next week...

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro