10: The Investor VS. Team Ziddishot

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Adi lifted his hands to his ears "Zoya, please, my ears are about to fall off, stop singing"

Cue my jaw dropping. "Excuse me, my voice is amazing thank you, would it harm you to just join in for a while, you are just so stubborn"

"Oh look, we're here at the apartment, we survived the plane ride and car ride, now lets go inside and order some food, and no more singing while we are in Paris or I will put a sock in your mouth" he threatened and he was not joking

"Best be a clean sock or im calling human resources and complaing about an unclean work environment" I shouted after him and followed him inside. I allowed my eyes to look around the apartment, it was huge and beautiful yet so bare, no decoration whatsoever, very much like his office, something I really wanted to change

Adi offered me a bottle of water before lifting me up and putting me on the side

"Why did you do" I was cut off when he put his finger on my lips

"Shh, just shh, my head is aching"

Without really thinking I lifted my hand and began to massage his scalp, he looked confused by my actions before moving in closer so I could carry on

"You know, ive never had a woman actually want to take care of me" he muttered under his breath, but I could hear, and it made me smile to think that atleast I could be that person for him

"Then I think you've been hanging around with the wrong women" it wasnt really like me to initate contact, but there was just something so intriguing about touching him or being close to him

Adi opened his eyes and looked up at me "Maybe I have Zoya, maybe I have, why are you interested in me" I sucked in a sharp breath at the momentary flicker of pain in his eyes

"I cant say, you asked me to be quite remember, because im giving you a headache"

"Please Zoya, I just want to be something important to someone, just once, no jokes, just tell me why you're interested in me"

"At first it was just attraction" I cleared my throat and rested both hands in my lap, looking away "And then it was how passionate you were, now its both of those things and the fact that you seem to accept me as I am, you're honest and you make me laugh and you're a good person"

"You really think that"

"I do" I smiled, then moved to jump from the side, my cheeks were red from my admission and I wanted to get away, then he wrapped his arms around my waist, tugging me back

"Thank you Zoya, for seeing me, no one ever just sees me" I could feel his whole body shaking around me and I really wondered who had hurt this man so much that even a small compliment meant so much to him.

"Come on you, we're in Paris, you cant seriously want to stay inside all day"

"Where would you like to go"

"A nice little pastry shop, now come on" I tugged him along, hoping in time to work out the puzzle that was my boss

XXX

"So, these investors we're meeting, why are you so worried about them" I raised a brow

"I was waiting to tell you this, but the thing is, is that I had a thing once with the investor, and I am not sure if she wants to invest in my company or try and get back with me"

I crossed my arms "You have got to be joking me, you so did not call me here in hopes of having two women fight over you did you, because honestly I am this close to getting on the next plane out of here" I could not believe he hadn't told me before

"No, of course not, I just really need you here right now, I want to make sure that this is you know right for my company"

"Urgh, fine, but you soooo owe me for this, im talking like singing for me, because doughnuts wont solve this one kiddo"

Adi saluted "Yes ma'am"

XXX

It was later on in the evening when I stood face to face with the woman who had been with Adi not so long ago. She seemed to be everything I wasn't rich, serious, of a high status and classy.

"Hi, im Aliyana, and you are" her raven black hair was in a tight bun at the top of her hair and her smile did not reach her eyes

"Zoya, Adi's helper for this deal"

She smiled again "Ah Adi, you let your staff call you by your name" she raised her brow, a smirk on her lips

"Nope, not everyone has that luck, just me" I smiled back making her smile drop

"I think we should get started" Adi suggested, about to sit down when she grabbed his hand

"Long time no see, dont I even get a hug"

I watched Adi's body stiffen as she wrapped her arms around him and I couldn't help but feel that there was more to this woman then I expected

"Zoya darling, it seems there aren't enough seats, im sure you don't mind standing"

"Of course not, I do have younger legs than you, im sure they can take it" Maybe uncalled for but I didnt like this woman one bit and the look of disgust on her face made it very worth it

"Realistically Adi, I just want to bring your company up to my level, and I hope to do that by not just investing in your business but by becoming your business partner, sixty, fourty shares of course" she smiled again, that fake smile I hated so much

Adi looked up at me then back at Aliyana "I read the files, im just not sure on the kind of business you're offering, the clothes I get made are all emported from high standard companies, I dont believe in taking advantage of poorer staff to get more money, its unfair labour and it goes against everything I believe in"

"Oh you always did try and be so good hearted, the world has changed Ads, we no longer have time for silly issues like a bit of child labour"

"A bit of what" I asked, stepping forward "No, no deal, what kind of crazy woman are you"

"But this isnt your company its his" Aliyana pointed to him. "And he makes the decision not you, know your place"

I frowned, resting my hands on the table "Adi, you can't agree to this, you know that right, if she is twisted enough to use children for her own gain, she will use you to"

Adi nodded "I disagree Aliyana, I dont need a business partner and I certainly dont need to work with someone who wants to use children for their own selfish causes, I think we're done here" he stood up

"Fine, no children, no business partners, but you know how much you need my business right now, you'll lose everything if you dont even make a dea with me, one dress, we design it together, final offer" Aliyana voiced

Long hours alone together didnt bode well with me, I had no idea his business wasnt doing well but this was his call, only he knew how to save his business, I just wanted there to be some other way around it

"No I dont think that's a" he was interrupted by Gaddha ki behn over there

"I already spread it to the media Ads, you have no choice and you can blame your friend Zoya over there for interrupting me, you know what im like when im angry" she stood up about to walk out when I stepped infront of her

"But you dont know what im like when im angry and if I ever find out you are playing him, I promise you, ill do ten times worse than interrupt you" I promised

"Is that a threat" she turned to face Adi "You going to let her speak to me like that"

Adi took a deep breath, raising his hands "Fine, fine Zoya"

"I swear if you stick up for her, im done" I clenched my fist

"Zoya, honestly, weren't you ever taught to respect your elders"

I smiled, before letting out a giggle, turned back towards Aliyana who had a foul look on her face. "Of course sorry ma'am" I curtsied before letting her get to the door

As soon as she was gone Adi turned towards me "Thank you for today, you really helped me"

"Its nothing, we make a good team, in fact I think we need a team name, something like Ziddishot"

"Ziddishot" his brows furrowed

"Yeah you're Mr Big Shot and im Ziddi Zoya, that makes Ziddishot, duh, now come on, you owe me a song remember"

"But Zoya, I"

"But nothing Mr Big Shot, we had a deal, now be a good little boy and sing" I knew he needed to get back to normal, but I couldnt help the unsettling feeling in my stomach that told me Aliyana's wrath was nowhere near over, she was here for a reason and she would get what she wanted

A double update again, how lucky you all are, please do let me know what you thought so far, any ideas about Aliyana, there are hints in this chapter!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro