23: Who's The Daddy?

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I had awoke early in the morning and decided to cook breakfast for Adi, I placed it on the table as he walked in "Morning"

His brow inched up "Good morning, what's this for"

"A thank you, for letting me stay" I went to sit down across from him, trying to avoid his gaze

"Zoya, is there a reason you're being so nice"

I looked up at him slowly, "As I said, I want to move on, your questions are making it very difficult to do so, so i'd really appreciate it if you'd trust in me for just a sec-"

"I trust you with my life" he interrupted "I just dont believe you can forgive so quickly"

"I, well you see the thing is, I, I miss having you in my life and one mistake shouldn't ruin that, times have changed and I grew up, just like you told me to" it was meant to be a joke, but by the sad look on his face, he didnt find me funny. "You're meant to laugh Big Shot"

"What did you just call me"

"What, forgotten the nickname already" I sat back, looking at him as I wriggled my brows

He shook his head "Forgetting that would be like forgetting you and I could never forget you" he cleared his throat before standing up "I really am sorry Zoya, but I can't sit infront of you and act like I have done no wrong" then he walked out

"Wait, Adi, wait" I ran after him, turning him back to face me, the broken look in his eyes left me speechless, with no idea what to say I wrapped my arms around his waist, I could feel his hands shoving lightly at my arms but I wasn't ready to let go yet

"Zoya, please don't make this any harder than it has to be"

I pulled away, "I need to show you something, just wait" I grabbed the camera from my bag, turned it on, pressed play and handed it to him. Though scared of his reaction, I knew he had to know, it was a mistake to have hidden it from him in the first place

His eyes were teary as he watched it, then the camera came clattering to the floor "She, she, eighteen months and I never"

I wrapped my arms around him "Im so sorry Adi, I really am, so so sorry, but listen" I cupped his face "We are going to fix this and"

"Promise me, promise me you wont leave me again, please Zoya" he turned his head, pressing a kiss to my palm "I can't go through this again"

"I promise" I nodded, I knew I would never walk away from him again, I loved him so very much, I would never be able to say goodbye to him again, in all honesty my heart had always remained with him, I had spent so much of my time walking around lifeless, I had so quickly forgot that he was my life, knowing I had him with me again gave me a new burst of energy

Adi stood up slowly, pulling me with him "There is something I have wanted to tell you since the night you waited outside my house, I"

I shook my head, my hand on his lips "Not yet, when she's gone, then and I promise I will sort this quickly, but for that I need to see Arjun and Noor, please just dont go into work today, I want to be with you when you do"

He smiled softly "Okay, ill wait"

I leant up, kissing his cheek "Thank you"

XXX

I sat down at the kitchen table with Noor and Arjun "I told Adi, he was just so upsett I couldnt not, I promised him we would have this issue sorted, so we have to do so quickly"

Noor nodded "Of course Aapi, anything we can do to help, we will"

"Okay, so I was going to show the recording I have of Aliyana's conversation with a man at my office to the staff and the police, and the recording to, in hopes that will be enough to put her away, or atleast ensure she will leave and never come back, I haven't told Adi about Anjana because I don't want to hurt him, but I may show Aliyana the recording in private so as not to allow the media to get a hold of it"

Arjun nodded, standing up to stir the tea "I think that's a good idea, she wont want to destroy her image so I think she will leave, its great how much you care for Bhai, he really is lucky to have you"

I shook my head "Im lucky to have him, I would love to confront her about the abuse and I will but getting her punished, that has to be his choice, I dont want to pressure him, that's the last thing he needs"

Noor nodded "Im so happy you two are okay again, honestly I am"

Arjun smiled as he passed Noor her tea

She glanced up, whispering quietly "Thanks daddy"

I looked around "Huh, I dont see Abbu" finally realising what Noor meant my jaw dropped

Noor leant forward pushing my chin up "You'll catch flies"

My jaw dropped again "I think I just sicked in my own mouth, that word should be used for family only, so disgusting" I looked over at Arjun who had his head bowed in shame, so he should be, how gross

"Oh relax" Noor rolled her eyes "Its not like I called him Abbu"

I jumped up "Ewwww" I screeched making Arjun and Noor cover there ears "That's just as bad"

"No, it would be worse, because then it would be like I sexualised Abbu, but I have never called him da-"

I covered my ears "la la la I can't hear" I shouted at the top of my lungs "Im going to vomit, disgusting, chi, chi"

"Oh you're so dramatic" Noor laughed

"Me, im dramatic, I cant with you right now, keep those nicknames to yourself please, I might just die from a heart attack the next time, god I hadn't even considered you were doing that stuff, are you being safe"

"Aapi" she screeched "Please, you're so embarassing"

"You know what, just forget it, dont contact me unless I contact you, I need time to rid myself of the nightmares that are to come" I shook my head as I walked out of the door only to hear fits of giggles from behind me

1-2 chapters left! I feel so sad!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro