1%

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Johnny Cade and Dallas Winston. Two of the best friends I've ever had.

Dallas was.. Well... He was a delinquent. We never thought of him as a bad person because of it though. He only did it for kicks. Sometimes.

He would drink and smoke, rob a few gas stations here and there. He liked to be mean. He liked to be tough and all. And believe me. He was.

The gang and I all knew he had a sweet spot for Johnny though. Johnny was like a little brother to him. To all of us really, but mostly to him. He acted like he loved Johnny more than anything in the world. And he did.

Johnny Cade wasn't exactly like Dallas. He was soft, sweet, kind. He was awful quiet too. He was my best friend. He dug movies, books, and sunsets just like me.

When we wasn't with the gang, he was probably with Dally, and if not, the poor kids probably getting beaten at home by his parents.

Yeah, that's right. Poor Johnny got beat anytime he went near his parents. They were alcoholics and probably did drugs too. Johnny almost died in the hospital once from saving a bunch of kids in a fire, and his mother came.

Not to congratulate him, or tell him how brave and considerate he was of those little kids lives. She wanted to come to complain and yell at him because of all the "trouble" he caused.

Poor kid. He was sixteen when he died. I remember him saying something to me before he died about it.

"Sixteen years on the streets and you can see a lot. But not the sights you wanna see."

He said. Their funerals were hard. Dallas's father didn't give a hang if he was dead, and now that he is.. He probably won't shed a tear. Johnny's parents never came either. They hated him.

Our parents couldn't come, they died in a car crash a while back.

---

At the funeral, I sat beside Soda, who sat beside Darry. The rest of the gang was there, but they were in the back. It was only us five at their funeral, and I felt horrible.

Their parents didn't even want to come to their own child's funeral. Not because of the breakdowns they'd probably have, but because they really just didn't care.

They closed the caskets with their bodies inside and ordered us all to go outside to the back of the church where they'd be buried.

We did as instructed and stood around the holes in the ground. I looked down, terrified of thinking that one day, we'd all be six feet under. I felt tears shed on my face as I looked at my best friends one last time.

My chest began to go up and down really fast, and I knew I was probably hyperventilating. My tears stained my suit and I leaned my head on Sodapop's shoulder as they were lowered into the ground.

"Johnny.. Dallas.."

I whimpered. Soda turned to me and rested his chin on my head, allowing me to sob into his suit. Darry didn't take his eyes off of our friends. Three men came out and began shoveling dirt on top of them.

Memories from the past came to me, and they were all of the Socs, and even the normal people of the town.

"No good white trash."

They'd say.

"Aye greaser, how's it like being treated like dirt huh?"

"Ugh. Greasers."

They'd taunt. Memories ran through my mind and I opened my eyes to see Sodapop and Darry looking at me. Darry came closer and hugged me, then let me go.

"Come on buddy. Let's go home."

He said softly.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro