1|0|No More Teaching

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

1|0|No More Teaching

Previously:

"Alright, let's go," Jungkook stood up, dusting his pants of imaginary dust. He was wearing a white shirt with black pants and looked really.... normal and handsome in that. I blushed at the thought but nodded to him.

"Yeah, let's go."

Presently:

Jungkook was driving and I was sitting beside him, twiddling my fingers, wondering if he's okay with me playing the radio because the silence was breaking me. Maybe I should try breaking the ice?

"Uhm," I cleared my throat to grab his attention. He just blinked and continued driving as if nothing had happened. "Um, how long will this ride take?"

"About an hour," he said calmly. My jaw dropped open. One hour of this silence?! I would rather kill myself. "Why?"

"Why what?" I asked him with furrowed eyebrows. He sighed as if mentally noting me stupid. 

"Why did you want to know?" He asked in a slow voice this time, mocking me. I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms across my chest.

"It's too silent," I said honestly. "If you don't want to talk with me, then can I turn on the radio?"

"What radio?" He asked, still not looking at me as he calmly drove. I cocked an eyebrow and pointed to the box visible in the place of a radio. "That's not a radio. Well, technically, it is, but it's for communication. Did you forget that you are in a mafia car? We don't come inside to listen to the radio. So there's no radio."

I wanted to scream a few minutes later because the silence ensued once again and I was now just angry. 

"Do you have some problem with me?" I finally asked him calmly, trying to keep my irritation in. "Or are you like this to everyone?"

"Consider that you're special," his voice once again contained that mocking tone which was driving me crazy. I decided that I didn't want anything to do with this man and instead turned my head to the left where I faced the open window.

I stuck my head out, feeling the wind slapping me in the face as I started singing. I thought the wind would cover my low voice from Jungkook, but apparently it did not because he immediately commented on it.

"You do know that you don't really sing well, right?" He said bluntly. I could feel my eyebrow twitching.

"As if you could do any better!" I shot back at him. "I'm bored, okay?!"

"I can do way better," Jungkook's cocky smirk appeared again and despite my irritation, I couldn't help but admit in my mind that he looked really hot when he smirked like that. "You'll regret ever saying those words."

"I don't believe you," I announced loudly, even when I did. His voice would probably be very amazing, but I needed entertainment and well.... Jungkook took up my challenge and started singing.

Neoneun nae salme dasi tteun haetbit
Eorin sijeol nae kkumdeurui jaerim...

He really did have a beautiful voice. I smiled as he continued while simultaneously driving, leaning against the window as I looked at him. He didn't notice me smiling, which I was grateful for, or else he would have stopped.

For the rest of the ride, he kept singing, even starting on other songs and I didn't interrupt because I felt warm and fuzzy inside. His voice made me soft and excited. 

"Happy now?" He asked as soon as he finished the last note of the fifth song he sang. "I hope this wasn't boring, because we have reached our destination."

The car screeched to a halt and Jungkook turned his head towards me, giving me an amused smile. I smiled back, blushing because he sang all those songs because I was bored. Is it wrong that I felt special?

As I stepped out in front of the familiar school, I felt like bursting into laughter because the situation asked me to. I made a gangster sing love songs because I was bored. Who would've thought?

I shook those thoughts away and walked inside, knowing Jungkook was right behind me. I felt him fall in step with me as soon as I crossed the gates and stepped onto the familiar playground.

"You're leaving due to a sudden shift," he murmured to me as his eyes scanned the playground that was currently devoid of any children. "All the necessary documents and paperwork has been handled. They just need your signature and they wanted to give you a farewell party, so you're here. Don't reveal anything about Bangtan, or else I won't hesitate to shoot you."

"I won't, but don't you dare pull that gun out here," I said in a threatening tone. "This is a school! Little children come here and if you ruin their beautiful, innocent minds, I will never forgive you."

"They won't stay innocent for long," he pointed out but I rolled my eyes. We stepped inside the building and our footsteps clacked on the marble tiles as I walked the familiar road to the principal's office. 

"Let them be innocent as long as possible," I said softly, my face softening as I imagined the cute little faces of all my students. I'm going to miss them so much. Jungkookie didn't argue after that, which I was thankful for.

I signed the papers, said my farewells to my co-workers (all of whom wanted to know about my handsome companion, who was going around saying he was my boyfriend, much to my embarrassment) and faced my class who was crying as they all attacked me in hugs. I couldn't rein in the tears anymore and I cried too as I gave them all hugs and kisses.

I realised that saying goodbye was very hard when all the hopeful faces thought that I would return one day. But I won't. Once you entered the dark world, there was no turning back. I would somehow or the other way be involved in its happenings, and I had no choice in that.

"You really loved your job, hm?" Jungkook asked as soon as we both entered the car. He started driving when I replied.

"I do," I confessed. "I was playing an important role in the lives of these little children. What I teach them now, is somehow going to result in how they behave later. Whether they realise it nor or not, I make an impact on their life that they might not remember has been done by me. I really hope that they all lead happy lives in the end."

"You," Jungkook snorted. I raised an eyebrow at him. "You're just not suited for our world, you know? You are way too... positive for it. Guess this is what happens when you are privileged."

I didn't reply because this was not the time or the place. I chose to simply look out of the window, looking at my school one last time.

I guess I am no more a teacher now.

●❦●

Updated/Published On:
6th June 2020
06/06/2020

A/n:
If you're wondering why I published 2 days before Monday, well, it's my birthday today and I wanted to gift you with these two chapters... You'll have 2 more on Monday too!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro