-•-•48•-•-

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Emma walked into the hospital, Dustin holding her hand tight. It's been a week since she had hurt Hugo. He had gone into a three day coma and woke up. He wanted to see her, even though the rest of the family said he shouldn't. She stood outside his room and bit her lip. Dustin rubbed her knuckles with his thumb. "I'll be right out here." Emma nodded as she slowly let go of his hand and walked into the room. Hugo smiled up at her from his book. She stepped closer to his bed as Louis and Tikki left the room.

"Hey Hugo," she sat at his bedside and he moved over slightly. She sat on his bed. "You okay?"

"I'll live," he smiled at her then hugged her arm. "Thanks!"

"F-For what?" Emma stammered.

"For coming and giving me this cool scar!" He lifted up his shirt and Emma winced at the sight of the large bandages hugging his body. "Well, it's under this."

"But I nearly killed you. Aren't you mad?" Hugo shook his head.

"Marinette and Adrien," Louis and Hugo called them their names. "They were crazy. I wouldn't blame you if you were the same. You were the first." Emma bit her lip.

"Well, you could be like this too." Emma looked down at her hands. She could still see his blood on her hands.

"Emma," she looked at her little brother and he crawled onto her lap. "I'll be okay. It not your fault." She wrapped her arms around her brother as he slowly dozed off in her arms. Tears slid down her cheeks and she wiped them away. Why was she crying? Was this crying?

˚ºThree Weeks Laterº˚

Emma smiled as Hugo ran into her arms. He was allowed to be home now from the hospital but he had to go to the hospital for a checkup every week. She held him for a few seconds then let go to let him run upstairs to his room. Dustin hooked his arm around her neck and she looked up at him.

"He said it's not your fault Ems, please calm down," Dustin kissed her cheek then grabbed her bag. Ever since the incident, she hadn't killed anyone. "Now get to school. I'll walk you but then I need to get to work. I'm late." Emma nodded and hugged Hugo goodbye before walking out holding hands.

"Hey Dustin," he looked at her as they watched. "Do you think about your brother and sister?"

He looked out onto the side walk. "Not really. They left me out on the streets. Why should I think about them?"

"Well, your brother did that but do you at least think of your little sister?"

"No," they reached the school and Dustin kissed Emmas forehead. "Ignore them, yeah?" Emma nodded and ran into the school. He walked down the street and into the bakery, finding it empty. He walked into the small baking room to find Marin or Alix to clock in, but found both sucking faces. He cleared his throat and Marin flinched while Alix jumped off of him.

"Dustin we uh-" Neither could speak.

"Don't care. Get a divorce, I'm clocking in." He walked out of the baking room and to the register. That was the first time Alix ever heard him speak.

After school Emma walked on her own to the bakery. It was right next door to the school but she liked going a long way, to think about things, Dustin, her parents, her family. She bumped into someone and fell back to the concrete and shook her head, then frantically picked up her belongings. "Sorry." She mumbled as she pulled her backpack closed.

"It's fine Emma," she looked up at him. His blonde hair, grey eyes. It was more unsettling then before. Jake looked down at her, a smirk plastered on his face. "I like you more like this."

"Like what?" She slowly stood up.

He bent over to her ear. "Vulnerable." He whispered in her ear. Emma shivered as he grabbed her by the arms, leading her into an alley and kissed her neck. She brought up her knee, hitting him between his legs and he doubled over on the sidewalk. She hit him, hard, in the head which made his body collapse.

"Don't touch me." Emma spit in his hair then walked to the bakery, collapsing in the crook of Dustins neck as he continued his orders.

••–••–••–••–••–••–••–••–••

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro