1: Behind a free prison.

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Hi guys it's my second story here. And first of stranger things story. Please excuse my grammar as it is written in pure excitement
There will be short skips here and there. As I have to reach the part where our William Hargrove arrives.
There will be a lot of tension. Can be sexual or just plain tension. But we love a good enemies to lovers trope right.

5:00 AM. The relentless sound of the alarm pierced the early morning quiet of Mira Henderson's room. Mira, already used to the harsh routine of her life under the dome, groaned as she forced herself out of bed. The room, like every other part of their enclosed world, was sterile and uninspiring—a reflection of their constrained existence.

The dome encapsulated their lives in a bubble of artificial normalcy, a sanctuary from the chaos outside. To Mira and her best friend, Sydney Harrington, this protected life was all they had ever known. Their reality was a far cry from the world before Vecna, which had been shattered in 1985. Every day was governed by a stringent schedule of studies, martial arts training, and the occasional experiment in the lab—a life of regulated monotony.

The morning sun filtered through the dome's transparent ceiling, casting a soft glow over the training area where Sydney and Mira were hard at work. Sydney's enthusiasm was a stark contrast to Mira's focused determination. Their martial arts sessions, led by Steve Harrington, were intense but necessary. The training prepared them for potential threats, honing their skills in a world that had become increasingly unpredictable.

"Come on, Mira! Keep your guard up!" Steve's voice echoed through the training room, his authoritative tone driving the session.

"I'm trying!" Mira replied, her breath coming in steady gasps as she maneuvered through the intricate patterns of their defense drills.

Steve Harrington, a figure of unwavering strength and discipline, led the defense team with dedication. His role was crucial in maintaining the dome's security, a duty that extended to training the younger generation. His protective nature was evident in how he mentored his daughter, Sydney, and her friends, including Mira.

As the training session concluded, Sydney joined Mira for a brief respite. Their conversation drifted to more personal topics.

"You know," Sydney said, wiping sweat from her brow, "I've been thinking about what life was like before all this. It's so strange to imagine."

Mira nodded, her thoughts mirroring the curiosity Sydney expressed. "I've heard bits and pieces from the older generations, but it's hard to picture. Everything we know is shaped by what we've been taught and what we experience here."

Their conversation was interrupted by the arrival of Dustin Henderson, Mira's adoptive father and the lead scientist behind the dome's creation. His entrance was always marked by a sarcastic flair and a knack for humor that made the demanding environment a bit more bearable.

"Well, well, if it isn't the dynamic duo," Dustin said with a wry grin, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "How's the world-saving training going? Saving the world yet, or just working up a sweat?"

"It's going," Sydney said, rolling her eyes playfully. "Mira's keeping up, though."

"Ah, the overachiever in action," Dustin said, raising an eyebrow. "I'm impressed. Anyway, Mira, I need you in the lab for a quick check-up. Just a routine thing—no, you're not getting out of it with a puppy dog face. It's part of the job description."

Mira glanced at Sydney, who nodded in understanding. "Alright, Dad. I'll be there soon."

"Perfect," Dustin said with a mock salute. "Try not to break anything on your way over. I'd hate to have to explain why the lab's in shambles again. Seriously though, don't let the door hit you on the way out, and if you find any time-traveling superheroes hanging around, tell them I need a coffee."

As Mira headed to the lab, Dustin's sarcastic humor lingered in the air—a familiar reminder of the lightheartedness that balanced the intense demands of their lives. Despite the constraints of their existence, these moments of levity provided a welcome respite, allowing Mira and her friends to navigate their world with resilience and camaraderie.

So that was the 1st chapter. I was just too excited to write it so some sentence and grammar issues will be there.

stay tuned

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro