15 - boyf riends; mermaid!Jeremy

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I made a book for my art shit so check that out, I'll be posting what Meremy looks like in there once I finish it.
That was a pun. Get it.

Ha ha.

It's five in the morning.

Michael sat at the end of the old pier, legs dangling over the edge as he sobbed into his hand. He let out a shaky sigh as he wiped his tears with the sleeve of his red hoodie.
"I'm so fucking useless. No one would notice if I just offed myself." He whimpered, staring up into the night sky.

"You aren't useless, and I'm sure people would miss you." A voice said.

Michael screamed, looking for the source of the voice. He looked down into the water to see a boy's face and exposed chest, the bottom half of his body was underneath the water and pier. His expression was contorted into a confused frown.

Michael's heart fluttered and he felt as though he was floating. The boy's sky blue eyes gazed into Michael's brown ones as the tawny boy stared helplessly back. "Who are you?" Michael asked him, laying down so his head was closer to the water. "I'm-I'm Jeremy."
"I'm Michael." Michael told him, reaching down to shake his hand. He hesitated before lifting a small hand from the water, grasping Michael's own hand as they shook. Jeremy smiled up at Michael, the full moon glistening in his blue eyes.

Michael felt his cheeks heating up. Good thing if was dark, he'd hate to have this boy think he was having an aneurism or something.

They continued to gaze into each other's pupils before Michael had another question for the odd boy below him.
"Wait.. why are you in the water? It's freezing." Michael asked him. His cheeks tinted a pink before he spoke again. "I just like the ocean." Jeremy replied simply.

There was a buzzing from Michael's pocket as he fished out his phone, looking at the caller ID. "Shit, it's my mom. I have to leave." Michael told Jeremy. The pale boy's smile fell as his brows furrowed. "You'll.. you'll come back right?" He asked, his voice cracking slightly. Michael smiled, nodding. "Of course."
Michael got up to walk away, jogging down the pier to his house.

When he arrived home, his mother lectured him on staying out past curfew and sent him to bed. Michael sighed as he walked up the stairs into his room, clicking the lock to his door, pulling off his hoodie and crawling into bed, dreaming of seeing Jeremy again.

=

After three years and countless amounts of visits to the pier later, Jeremy and Michael were best friends. Though Michael did find it odd the pale boy never left the water, he decided not to ask why in risk of upsetting Jeremy.

Michael had realized he was hopelessly pining this boy, but kept telling himself Jeremy was straight and didn't want him.

One cloudless night Michael was laying face up on the pier, smoking a joint as Jeremy rested his arms on the edge of the wood, admiring Michael.

Jeremy didn't know what it was about the tawny human that made him feel all of these emotions. The way Michael smirks, making his eyes crinkle made Jeremy melt just thinking about it. How he sticks out his tongue slightly when he's concentrated or how his chime-like laugh can light up the night.

Jeremy loved it when Michael brought his small box with what Michael called 'Pac-Man' inside of it. Jeremy had beaten Michael's highscore on his first try and Michael was ecstatic.
"JEREMY! THATS AMAZING! YOU ARE AMAZING!" The Michael gushed, his eyes full of love for the wavy haired brunette. Jeremy's face flushed red and he hid it with Michael's hoodie that was laying nearby, nuzzling his face into the soft fabric. It smelled like Michael; vanilla and a slight tinge of coffee beans.

"Hello? Jeremy?"
"SH-SHIT!"

Jeremy was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Michael calling his name, causing the twig-like boy to lose his grip on the wood edge of the pier, falling into the icy water with a loud splash. When Jeremy resurfaced he heard Michael roaring with laughter. The tall boy was gasping for air as tears ran down his face.

Jeremy's heart began pounding. Seeing Michael laugh was like a privilege to Jeremy. Seeing Michael this happy was something not everyone got to do, and Jeremy cherished every goddamn second of it.

Eventually Michael calmed down, wiping the tears from his eyes. "Are you alright, you dork?" Michael chuckled, the last few laughs escaping his lungs. Jeremy nodded sheepishly, his cheeks heating up.

Michael gazed down at the pale boy as he ran a shaky hand through his hair. Michael exhaled sharply, bracing himself for what he was about to ask Jeremy.

"Jeremy."
"Yeah Mikey?"
"I... I love you."
"Wh-what?"
"I love you."
"I love you too man."
"No, not like that. Do.. do you want to be m-my boyfriend?"
"I-..No...."

Michael felt as though his whole world was crashing down around him. His chest felt tight and his stomach was stirring.
'You stupid fucking idiot. You can't do anything right. I told you he was straight.' Michael thought to himself, digging his nails into the palms of his hands to fight back the heavy tears that were threatening to flow.
Jeremy sunk down to his ears in the water so Michael wouldn't see his tears.

Michael stood to leave before Jeremy pushed himself out of the water, grabbing Michael's hand.
"Please don't leave me."

"Why not." Michael mumbled.
"Wh-what?" Jeremy asked weakly.
"WHY NOT. WHY SHOULDNT I JUST LEAVE." Michael repeated, screaming as the tears finally released.
"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU DAMNIT." Jeremy shouted back, eyes going wide with realization at what he just said as he clamped a hand over his mouth.

Michael's mouth was gape as he turned to look at Jeremy, his sky blue eyes swirling with helplessness as he spoke again.
"I love you, b-but, if you see what I really am you'll just leave m-me." Jeremy's voice cracked as he loosened his grip on Michael's wrist, beginning to slip back into the water before Michael caught him by the wrist as he looked into Jeremy's eyes.

"I promise, nothing will ever make me stop loving you. Can.. can you tell me what's wrong Jer Bear?" Michael spoke softly as Jeremy gripped the wood of the pier, biting back more tears.

Jeremy held back a sob as he lifted his body onto the pier, revealing a long, glistening navy blue fish tail.
It was mainly dark blue with the offset silver and light blue scales, the underbelly transitioned to almost completely light blue. Michael gasped, retracting his hands from Jeremy's wrist. Jeremy choked on a sob, clenching his jaw. "I knew it. I fucking knew you'd be weirded out." He cried as he began to move back over to the edge of the pier; until Michael grabbed his waist, pulling the merboy close.

Michael had snaked a hand around Jeremy's torso while the other cupped his cheek gingerly. Jeremy had gripped Michael's red hoodie, hands shaking.

"Jeremy,," Michael breathed, their noses inches apart from each other, "I still think you're the most beautiful boy I've ever seen, even with a fishtail." He whispered, pressing his lips against Jeremy's. Jeremy let his eyes fall shut, tugging on Michael's hoodie.

Their lips fit together like a puzzle and moved in synch. They had to stop for a few seconds in between making out to catch their breath and to just stare and smile love drunkenly at each other. The air around the two growing hotter and heavier the more they kissed.

Jeremy broke away from Michael, placing a hand on his chest so Michael wouldn't try kissing him again. The tawny boy let out a quiet whimper from lack of contact as Jeremy giggled, pecking Michael on the cheek before snuggling into his arms and closing his eyes. Michael chuckled quietly, laying down and letting Jeremy pull himself up into Michael's chest as he used his hoodie as a blanket. Michael stared up at the familiar stars, fiddling with Jeremy's hair as he drifted to sleep.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro