Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Where is my son?", Lilly was close to completely going crazy. She just came to the hospital in the middle of the night and everything started to fall apart in her world. That was when a doctor came out of one of the rooms. "Mrs. Snart? Come in. They brought him in a half an hour ago. He lost a lot of blood on the way over.", that was not what she wanted to hear.

"Is he alive?", she didn't know if she wanted to hear the answer. "Yes. But you have to understand. The bullet entered just above his hip and lodged in his right arm."

"Can I see him please?", she never looked at someone before with that look. She never pleaded for anything. But in that moment, she didn't care. He went a step to the side so she could go in. "I'm doing everything I can, but the wound was already infected when he arrived. ", Lilly ran into the room and took her son's hand while sitting down on his bed. "Sammy..."

"Mom... I did exactly as you said, Mom. I held my head up high.", tears streamed down her face. Because of her he got into trouble. "I know... Shh. I know you did everything just right.", Samuel smiled at her, but she could see that he was in pain. "Please. Save your strength and stay alive."

He wanted to say something but in that moment someone else came into the room. "Dad?", it wasn't more than a whisper, but Lilly could hear Sam's voice. "Jamie?", she looked up. "Is he breathing? Is he going to survive this?", he sat down on Sam's other side.

"What happened? Lilly, did you know about that?", Lilly didn't know what she should say. Samuel said something before she could even respond. "Dad, I'm so sorry for forgetting what you taught me.", for the first time in forever Lilly saw that there were actually tears streaming down his face. "My son... I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you.", Sam slowly took Lilly's hand again and then Jamie's. "You'll be fine", Lilly looked at Jamie and he knew that she needed that reassuring just as much as Sam did. He nodded. "Come on, Sammy. You're a strong man. You're going to survive anything.", Jamie smiled at him. Sam smiled at them and then the light in his eyes disappeared.

His heart stopped beating.

The world stopped turning.

Nothing seemed to matter anymore.

Jamie looked over at Lilly, but she just looked at her son. She'd lost everything all over again.

"My son..."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro