1- Meeting Green

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Pidge remembered the day that changed her life and those around her. The day she found that cave off of the dirt road that lead to the bakery. The day she felt so curious, she even ventured into the dark huge, cavernous hole buried in the Great Mountain's side and released the green-furred lion.

The day she was cursed to have the abilities to bend nature to her will. She never did regret taking the lion's curse though... things happen and this was one of those things.

It happened when she was ten. She was walking with her friend, Keith, and her brother, Matt, to the bakery for an early sweet. She had ran ahead and spotted a mysterious dirt path leading away from the road she walked everyday. Her child self was so curious, only if she had known.

She stumbled down the path as she ran in the name of adventure. The path closed behind her, making sure no one would follow. She smiled as the wind whipped across her face and a ginormous hole carved into the mountain appeared in front of her. She looked down it, seeing nothing but black. Her little imaginative mind went crazy with ideas of what could be so far down.

That's when she noticed the earth bridge being formed from dirt and vines coming towards her. Magic! Something rare! After seeing that, she had to go down there in the name of science. When the winding path reached her feet, which were shoved into shoes to big for her since they were Matt's old ones, she stepped onto it and followed it down into the dark. When the path widened and met a ledge, she stood, waiting for her eyes to adjust. When they did, she could barely make out a giant statue of a lion's head carved into the wall in front of the ledge. If she reached her hand out, she could touch the nose, which is what she did.

The moment her left hand touched the carving, a green light burst from the entire lion head, lighting up the deep hole. Vines with green buds wrapped around her arm all the way up to her shoulder and stopped moving. They began to glow as they entered her skin. She wanted to scream at the surprising event, but instead she found herself staring in awe as the vines painlessly pierced into her arm.

A roar came from behind her. She slowly looked at where it came from, unable to remove her arm from the sculpted lion head. A female white and green-furred lion that resembled the carving crept up onto her. She wanted to run, she wanted to scream as it rose it paw, but instead she just stood there staring in disbelief. 

The paw came down on the same arm that was absorbing the budded vines. Pain didn't come from the wound until a few moments after it was inflected. Her arm seemed to boil as excruciating pain erupted. The budded vines vanished and green markings were left along with the lion's scratch. She stumbled up the now decaying bridge, wanting to escape.

When she made it back to the path, she had fainted and awoke in her home. That very night, she learned that her beloved brother and father went missing during the search for her. That's when she learned of her powers. In her grief, she had unknowingly conjured up a pile of out-of-control vines that destroyed her home. She was taken from her mother by the king, Shiro's father, and placed under supervision.

-----

Katie smiled as she saw a letter she received from Shiro and Allura on the floor next to a box. The two always sent her a letter each month to recap what was happening back at the castle. When she left, Shiro was the prince and his father was king while Allura remained to have some rights to the throne. Now, Shiro and Allura co-own the thrown because of Shiro's father's disappearance. 

Currently Katie studied abroad at a far away island called Garrison. She was attending Garrison Academy, a place for young male geniuses. Shiro went there before he left because of Alfor's death to go help at home.

For the academy itself, she wasn't so sure if it actually held up to its legacy. She met two people here who don't quite fit in with the prestigious aura it gives. Lance McClain and Hunk. Hunk is smart, but she wouldn't exactly call him Garrison material and there's Lance. Katie has no idea how he even got in other then that a slot opened when a person, most likely her friend Keith, got dropped for disciplinary issues. Other then that, Lance wasn't one for intelligence and was upset when he realized that Garrison was a school for boys only.

The only reason Katie was even here was because she enrolled under the name, "Pidge Gunderson", a male. Hunk probably knew that she was female, most likely because he doesn't know what the word "privacy" means, but Lance was clueless as the rest of Garrison. She didn't have to hide her gender for much longer, anyway. Tomorrow she graduates.

She grabbed the letter off the floor and opened the black seal. Inside there were a two parchments. She reached in a pulled them out, confusion on her face. There was usually only one. Upon opening the first, she sat down ready to hear from her friends.

"Dear Katie Holt,

Allura and I await your return to our kingdom. It has been four years since we last saw you. Allura has your room fixed and plenty of gifts awaiting you. Beware, I am sure she'll keep you busy and away from me for a few days, so we probably won't be able to speak. Though, I won't hesitate to steal you from her so you can catch a breather, just like when we were kids.

-King Shiro"

Katie laughed as she read the short letter. She saw that underneath the small paragraph was another one from Allura.

"Dear Katie,

Don't listen to Shiro! I will not keep you from him! Also, 'just like when we were kids'? Is that why you two always had important matters involving random subjects when we were bonding!? WERE WE NOT BONDING? Anyways, the only thing he got correct was that your room is prepared and that I'll shower you with gifts. Dresses and jewelry for days! You must be tired from having to wear those plain, boring male clothes! I sent your favorite dress, modified of course, and a couple of accessories to wear when you arrive. When you do I'll use magic to grow out your hair again!

-Allura."

So that is what the box holds. Katie glanced at the box she put next to her. With swift movements, she opened it up and peered inside. There was her favorite green and white dress, a small emerald tiara that meant she was close to royalty, and some bracelets with a matching necklace, both with emeralds. Katie remembered the other letter she had to read and returned her eyes to the candle-lit desk. She grabbed the other parchment and began to read.

"Dear Katie,

I know I haven't sent you a letter since last year, but its hard to get in contact with an older brother when he's king and you don't even see him for days. I hope these letters find you in good health and excitement for returning home. Maybe when you return we can go to our favorite bakery like old times.

-Your old friend, Keith"

Katie smiled, she remembered the last letter she received from him. It was exactly a year ago when she finished her third year. He didn't know what to write so the letter was all over the place. With a smile, she began to write a letter to them.

Dear family back home,

Allura, thank you for the dresses, pants are annoying sometimes, but I've grown quite fond and used to it. I do think we bonded, but sometimes you are overbearing and I need a moment to breath. 
Shiro, should I address you by king when I return? I'll learn when I get there. Tomorrow I will leave Garrison and should return by morning. I do wish we can find time to sit and have a chat. I miss talking to you all.
Keith, that bakery sounds nice. We should go sometimes like we used to. Also, I have someone you'll like to meet. He's right up your alley. You'll get along fine, if you understand what I mean, my homosexual friend.

That reminds me! I will be returning with two friends I've made. They also live in City Voltron, coincidence right? Their names are Hunk and Lance McClain. Lance is half into guys, even if he doesn't know it yet. Keith, this is your chance.

-Katie Holt.

First chapter: done. My life: boring. Voltron: amazing.

ThatOneServant out!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro