Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"I don't have a good feeling about this," Nathan squirmed as we approached the intimidating house before us.

It was getting dark. The sun was setting and leaving the sky in a blood orange colour. The sun haloed around the top of the roof of the Smiths house which gave off a sort of horror movie look.

"Shut up and follow me," I replied with a wave of my hand, beckoning him to come closer.

Side by side, we snuck our way up the driveway until we made it to the front door. The smooth black double doors were taunting me. I slid my hand into the fabric of my jean pocket to retrieve the key to open the front door.

"Why did you ask me to do this again?" Nathan questioned, peering into the dark entrance of the house once the door hand swung open.

"Shut up you baby," I replied. "I needed to bring you along for backup."

"What back up?"

"Well, if we get caught, I need to blame it on somebody." I said as a I quickly disabled the alarm system that I watched Abby do countless times.

"Great, now I'm the backup boy. Isn't this just peachy!" Nathan exclaimed in a tone of annoyance.

I closed the door behind us which left us standing there in the foyer of the house. The Smiths residence resembled a house you would see in a Hitchcock film; something was going to pop out of some corner at any moment now. Each step creaked in an absurdly loud manner. I felt my palms begin to sweat as I stared at the large window that was perched at the top of the stairs, being the only source of light in this dark house. We began to ascend the grand staircase that lead up to the second floor.
Turning the corner, I spotted the door to the ominous room. It was enchanting me to go near it, like a fly to match. Even though I knew this door was my fire and it might destroy me, I couldn't stop my feet. We crept towards it and I extended my shaking hand to touch the smooth surface of the knob. Once opened, the doorway was immediately different.

They had stripped everything.

The pink wallpaper was gone.

The rugs were gone.

The little chandelier was gone.

Everything was gone.

I stood in the white empty room trying to take in my surroundings.

"Alex?" I heard a voice say, before I felt the contact of a hand against my shoulder.

My knees felt as if they were crumbling underneath me.

Its as if an entire segment of my memories had been washed away; completely erased from this horrid story I was living in.

Not only that, but everything I might have had for clues or evidence was gone.

Now what?

"Alex, are you -"

"Shut up." I cut him off, my voice shaking from the sudden wave of emotions coursing through my body.

His hand retreated from its grasp on my shoulder, letting the cold air hit that once warm area.

"Leave." I state solidly.

"What?"

"I said you can leave. Thank you for coming with me but..." I trailed off, not knowing where I was originally going with my train of thought.

"Okay. I'll leave you to it," I hear Nathan say from behind me. "Text me when your back home. I just want to know you got back safe."

I could hear him exhale a shaky breath before the sounds of his footsteps slowly became fainter to hear.

I felt as if I wanted to cry.

But I didn't.

I was to angry to cry.

How dare they take everything away? How could they do this to her?

The sunset beamed through her window right across from the doorway I was standing in. The  suns rays were still bright even at this hour. I shielded my eyes with my sweaty hands from the sudden blinding light.

But then I saw a glimmer come from the corner of my eye.

I spun on my heels to my left to see a faint glimmer come from the white double door closet. The shine came through the panels of the closet door.

I speedily approached the doors of the closet. But then everything became slow. The world stopped spinning for a decoyed and my heart beat stopped too.

What will I find?

What if it's nothing?

What if it's something.

The world sped up again and I launched my hands towards the two handles and the closet doors flung open with a yank of my arms.

There were only empty  white hangers on a rack.

What?

I gazed down to the carpet stripped floor.

Nothing.

But then the sun tried to guide my way by shining its beams again and the glint came from the corner of the closet.

I looked over at it to see a black object standing in the corner.

I slowly picked it up and spun around to face the room where the light was slowly fading.

A camera.

An old, dusty, black camera.

And the films still in.

Bingo.

~~~~~
Hello, beauties.
I'm finally back. I am so so very sorry for the delay my loves. I have been in the hospital, my hard drive was wiped and this has been a very rough couple of months. However, I am back.
Unfortunately, it may take a while to post other chapters on this beloved story of mine. My hard drive was wiped, meaning my story was wiped. Luckily, I have my trusty journal where I write all my rough drafts so I juts have to fix things up and be back on the road. I love this story to much just to give up!
Im sorry this chapter is so short. The rest will be more lengthy. Please be sure to check out my new book "Stupid F**king" as well!
If you enjoyed this chapter, please vote and comment your feedback.
Coco.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro