42: CALM

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

“Why did you agree to him?”

I looked up and glanced towards Spencer, who was still baffled by my decision. I shrugged at him and decided to try out the new features of the RV. Apparently, Tito Stephen fixed the damaged parts of the RV and upgraded the machine gun docked in the roof.

Parker and the others are still exploring the house together with Samson and Samuel. They told us earlier that it has a hidden bridge towards Alpheus City on the third floor like Tita Alleona and I used when we escape Alpheus City through Besodiah’s museum.

It was hidden because my father kept it a secret, and it was unnoticeable because flat screens were mounted to its exterior and adapt to the exterior features, just like when it is cloudy, the screen will turn on its cloudy images to be left unseen.

“Mabangis ba tayo para utusan ni Samuel-shitty na magsara ng gate papunta sa Alpheus?” Tanong sa ‘kin ni Spencer.

Muli akong nagkibit-balikat sa kanya dahilan para bumusangot s’ya sa akin, “Ang pangit mo na nga tapos ang pangit mo pang kausap. Bahala ka d’yan, demoted ka na bilang fake mommy. Isa ka na lang Amira, nakakadiring nilalang—”

“Ang dami mo ng nasabi ha.”

Bigla na lamang niyang pinagkrus ang mga braso n’ya at inirapan ako, “Hindi mo ako madadaan sa panunuyo mo sa ‘kin.”

“Hindi kita sinusuyo, Spencer.”

“Sige pinatatawad na kita. Fake mommy na ulit kita,” sambit nito saka ngumiti sa ‘kin. Hindi ko alam na isa pa lang privelage ang maging fake mommy ng siraulong ‘to. Maya-maya pa ay lumabas ito sa RV at kumaway sa ‘kin, “Anong gusto mo? Snicker, maltesers—”

“Umalis ka na lang.”

Nang makaalis si Spencer ay agad kong kinuha ang binocular sa aking tabi saka sinilip ang buong paligid. Agad naman na kumunot ang aking noo nang may mapansin akong kakaiba sa dibisyon ng Luzon at Visayas.

“Amira, get down there!” I slowly lowered the binoculars and looked at my brother, who just arrived.

And with a worried look, I faced him, “Are there Apostles in the museum?”

“Are you bobo? Yes or yes?” I grimaced at him and used the binoculars once again, “You asked them to gather firearms and protective suits. So, basically, the museum is closed, dumb sister.” Tingnan mo ‘tong isang ‘to, sasagot din pala ang dami pang sinabi.

Dahan-dahan akong tumayo sa bubong ng RV saka pumaling sa ibang direksyon, muntik pa akong madulas dahil hindi ko nakikita ang tinatapakan.

“Sabing bumaba ka d’yan tanga!” Sigaw ni Alex pero mas nag aalala ako dahil malaki ang tyansang tama ang hula ni Spencer tungkol sa final wave, “Parker sabihan mo nga ‘yong bobo na ‘yon na bumaba ro’n.”

I heaved a sigh when I felt another weight on the roof. Before I could actually take a glimpse of that person, the binoculars were suddenly stolen from my possession.

“Dalawa na silang tanga ro’n.” Dinig kong sambit ni Kelly saka ko inis na nilingon si Tyler na umagaw ng binoculars ko na s’ya ngayong tumitingin sa paligid.

“Let’s go down and explain to them what we saw,” Tyler whispered and helped me get down from the roof. The others went inside of the RV and gave us a puzzled look when Tyler suddenly pulled the maps of Besodiah City and Alpheus City.

Tyler encircled the border between Besodiah City and Caiphas City. He also drew an imaginary line that indicates the division of Luzon and Visayas and written the words ‘BOZOS’ in both parts.

“I’ve been thinking since last night that the scent of Lycoris Albiflora in the entire Besodiah City is beginning to faint. And with the use of the binoculars, we witness that the bozos are gathered in this area.” He suddenly encircled multiple times the border of Besodiah City and Caiphas City, making the others gulp. And when Tyler marks the imaginary with an X, “And the bozos that are supposed to be here are nowhere to be found.”

My lips trembled when I realized something, but before I could even speak, the door suddenly opened and revealed an annoying brat together with an annoying adult.

“Kapangyarihan ng Araw! Taglay ay liwanag, kambal na lakas! Kami ang Super Twins!”

Nakabusangot namin na tiningnan sina Spencer at Tito Tristan na bigla na lamang dumating na may dala-dala pang katangahan. Nang parehas silang hamapasin ni Tita Alleona sa likod nila ay agad silang pumirmi at nakangiwing umupo sa gilid.

“Kumain na muna kayo,” Tito Pierre said as he slowly laid the food containers on the table, making Tyler snatch the maps with a speed of light.

“Hala, ang astig! Kaninong baseball bat ‘to?” Tanong ni Tito Tristan habang nangingielam ng gamit sa RV.

“Sino bang baseball player dito? Think, Tito Tristan! Think!” I jeered, making him looked at Parker.

“Oh. Sweet, first weapon mo sa apocalypse—”

I snickered and teasingly looked at Parker, “It was really sweet, especially that his first kill using that was the woman she liked. Hindi nga lang siya na-crush back,” natatawang sambit ko na agad naman na ikinangiwi ni Parker.

“It’s a news to me. Sino ‘yon?” Tanong ni Tyler.

“No one—”

“Ms. Esguerra.” I interrupted, which made both Cara and Spencer laughed hysterically. Nang samaan ako ni Parker ng tingin ay nagkibit-balikat lamang ako sa kanya dahilan upang lalo siyang maasar.

“Wait, how did you know about this, Amira?” Kelly asked.

“I accidentally eavesdropped during his confession. Inis na inis pa nga siya sa akin e, kulang na lang sakalin ako ni gago.”

Parker scowled, “I am not angry during that time!”

“You called me bitch bunch of times with a tone!”

“I’m just nervous because you were suddenly there! You are not supposed to be at the rooftop!”

I looked at him with disbelief, “So, you are telling me that you’re not thankful that I was your first mate during the apocalypse?!”

“It’s not like that—”

“Here, Amira.” All of a sudden, my brother threw a cellphone at me. It does not look familiar, but it made Parker shut up.

“Hey… That’s my phone…” Parker mumbled. Hindi ba naiwan namin ang cellphone niya sa rooftop bg Laodicea High? Dahan-dahan na lumingon si Parker kay Alex saka ito ngumiwi, “Which reminds me… You are the Einstein. Why the hell did you scare your sister when we were at Laodicea High? At paano ka rin napunta ro’n?”

Alex suddenly laughed along with Peter, “I didn’t scare her! I was just smiling at my sister, pumunta kami nina Peter noon sa Laodicea High para sunduin kayo pero wala kayo sa mga designated classroom niyo.”

“Smiling?” I grimaced, “Who the fuck wouldn’t be scared with your fucking get up during that time?”

“Move on! It was already ages ago, stupid sister,” he said, which made me twisted my lips more, “Hindi ko naman nakita si Parker noon na kasama ni Amira kaya’t tinawagan namin ang cellphone… Pero noong nakarating na kami sa rooftop, walang tao ro’n at cellphone lang ang nakita namin— Ay, pati lasog-lasog na katawan pala.”

“Nasaan ba kasi kayo noon?” Tanong ni Peter.

“Nag-bibike,” sagot ni Parker sabay sulyap sa akin.

“Nasa library, nagpapakamabuting estudyante,” sagot naman ni Cara habang nakanguso kay Tyler na tila sinasabi na kasama niya iyon.

“Nasa mall ako!” Pareparehas kaming napangiwi sa masiglang sagot ni Spencer. Bigla ko na naman naalala ang una naming pagkikita nina Spencer nang magsimula ang apocalypse.

“Yeah, yeah, I’ve remembered that. Especially that you stole my car and left me,” Alex said. We laughed at them, but along the circle of happiness, I felt the glint of terror.

If we could just stay this way… But I exactly know that we can’t.

After finishing our food, we got back to our business and explained to them that we are surrounded by the bozos, simply waiting for the Lycoris Albiflora’s scent to fade entirely.

“I think… It’s Sadako’s fault,” I mumbled.

Tita Alleona suddenly squinted her eyes at me, “Isa pang sadako, itutulak na talaga kita sa kanal.” She warned, and I cleared my throat.

“We used the underground tunnel from Alpheus City and the bridge from the wall to Besodiah Museum… And we somehow left the door open…”

Tito Pierre stole the marker from Tyler’s hand and divided the Alpheus City and Besodiah City, “The underground tunnel from Alpheus City, there a lot of bozos there, right? Aren’t you curious why they didn’t just go to Alpheus City, which is not miles away, but they can go to Caiphas City?”

“That was actually intriguing, Pierre. Besodiah is covered with the Lycoris Albiflora’s scent that protects us. Still, even though Alleona’s field of Lycoris Albiflora is there, it can only smell within the Nakamura’s underground,” Tito Tristan explained.

“What if they are scared of something living in that city?” I asked.

Pare-parehas kaming napatigil saka napatingin sa mapa, nang mapalunok ako ay kakaibang takot ang naramdaman ko.

“The god.”

We all decided to part ways to inspect everything before the final wave. Tito Pierre came up with another plan, and he is busy explaining it to the Apostles with his other companions. On the other hand, Tyler and Kelly are tests driving the RV and mapping the tracks that we will use for tomorrow, especially that we will be the main group.

The plan was for me to cause an uproar to Alpheus City, with my dad’s attention focused on me. The people using the bridge will be unnoticeable; some apostles will be left with Samuel’s command for the others to safely arrived in Alpheus City.

Our team will be shutting the gate in case that the god they are scared of will be expunged, and Alpheus City will be left unharmed from the bozos.

On the other hand, Tita Alleona told me that Alejandra could never cause any disaster, especially that she’d been paralyzed for so long and her glass coffin was brushed with Lycoris Albiflora.

I went to the underground base and was about to take some clothes when I saw Sierra in the living room. Her eyes were locked to Parker, who was drinking water on the way to his room. Sierra’s friends noticed my presence, making them excuse themselves, which Sierra failed to her because she was mesmerized by something.

I smirked and went to Parker, who was shocked by my sudden appearance in his front.

I pouted, and then he nervously laughed, “Did I do something wrong again?” he asked.

“Not you…” I shook my head and sassily glanced towards Sierra as I wrapped my arms around Parker’s neck, “Sierra’s checking out my Parker. Is she not informed that Parker Chase Gesmundo is mine?”

Parker suddenly poked my forehead. Pero makapal talaga ang mukha ni Sierra kaya’t nakatingin lamang ito sa amin habang nakataas ang kilay.

I looked at Parker and slowly leaned my head towards his. I can tell that he was nervous by my sudden action because of his multiple gulps. But before our lips could even touch, I tilted my head and looked at Sierra, “Oh, are you still here? Do you want to watch my boyfriend and I kiss?”

Sierra suddenly smirked, “Boyfriend, huh? As if you could actually kiss him. I know that you’re just messing around, Amira. I am not—”

I pulled Parker into a kiss. He was surprised at first, but Parker immediately got back to his senses when he suddenly let go of the glass of water, making him deepened the kiss as he carefully pulled my waist.

I tightly wrapped my arms around his neck for support to my weakened knees. And when Parker noticed it, he leisurely made his way towards the door to his room and leaned my back there. As my hand slowly traveled to his broad shoulder, we parted.

I was gasping for air when he suddenly leaned to my neck, his hot breath tickling and teasing me, “Boyfriend, huh?” His voice was husky, which made me more attracted to him.

Naging lagpas ang tingin ko sa kanya nang mapansin kong wala na si Sierra ro’n at tanging kami na lamang dalawa ni Parker ang tao rito.

Mas lalo akong sumandal sa pader dahilan upang magbigay siya ng pagitan sa aming dalawa, dahan-dahan kong inangat ang aking kamay ay inabot ang kanyang pisnge.

“Thank you for staying even though I told you that you could still leave,” I mumbled.

He suddenly poked my forehead and seriously looked at me, “Wala akong balak na umalis kahit ipagtabuyan mo ako.” Nang hindi ko matiis ang sarili ko ay hinigit ko siya upang mayakap nang mahigpit, buong lakas kong pinigilan ang mga luha ko sa pag agos ngunit wala rin akong nagawa.

“I’m scared to make any promises, but…” I tearfully whispered while tightly hugging him, “I promise, after this mess… I’ll be with you.”

“And I’ll stay until the day I die.”

The sudden embrace of the calm within our hearts surrounded us with the thought that the storm is yet to come.

#

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro