1. On Instinct // Kiba { Wolf's Rain }

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

You've been traveling by yourself for a week now. But, to you, it seemed like months even years. The snow was coming down and the wind blew furiously as you shivered from the cold. You were tired, cold, and starving on top of that you had a running fever.

And yet, you had enough determination to keep going. Where were you going exactly? Anywhere to get away from the tough life you had back at home. You're mother left with your little sister and your father died from some rare disease.

Tears ran down your face from the awful headaches and stomach pains resisting the urge to vomit up the snow you ate for water so you didn't dehydrate yourself. That's when you couldn't take it and you fell face-first into the snow, breathing heavily as the snow kept coming down then you slipped into unconsciousness.

~

Kiba and his 'pack' were trekking through the snow as it cleared up from the snowstorm a day ago. Kiba smelled something that caught his nose but ignored it since he was too focused on his goal to get to Paradise. But, Hige was the one to stop and investigate.

Hige sniffed around the area and stopped at a small pile of snow. Kiba looked behind him to find where Hige was. "Why'd you stop?" Kiba asked.

"A strong human scent is somewhere around here. You smelled it too, right?" Hige asked Kiba.

"And why would a human be all the way out here?" Tsume asked Hige.

"I don't know, how would I know?!" Hige exclaimed.

"Well, maybe they're looking for help?" Toboe suggested.

"Who cares! Like humans need help with anything." Tsume exclaimed to the young wolf.

"Tsume... you don't know that..." Toboe trailed.

"Sure I don't." Tsume said as Toboe frowned at the grey wolf.

Hige shook his head as he moved back over to the small snow pile and started digging it up with his paws, revealing and starving girl, with (h/c) locks.

"It's a girl," Hige said his tone sounding shocked.

"Is she dead?" Toboe's voice was shaky, feared that the young girl lost her life.

Hige looked to Kiba and then to Tsume, who shrugged his shoulders in response. Hige looked back to the girl which he had to admit was cute for a human for sure, he leaned his ear towards her mouth.

He sighed in relief a bit. "She's breathing, but just barely," Hige said.

"That's good," Toboe said. "We should help her, she looks like she could die any minute."

"Okay then, runt. About you try and wake her up if you can that is." Hige said.

Tobeo frowned upon hearing Hige use the nickname 'runt' to address him. "Fine.." He trailed.

Toboe walked over to the girl sniffing her cheek then licking it.

~

You felt something wet on your cheek as your ways opened slightly. Your eyes wavered at the figure in front of you. First, it was a young boy then it was a dog? You gasped as you shot up from your spot too quick I might add. "Agh..." You groaned in pain you doubled over and vomited up the only liquid you had in your body.

"Woah, are you okay? Take it easy." You heard a voice say.

"Yeah, you seem super exhausted." Another voice said with concern mixed in his tone.

You felt like running away, I mean, scratch that, you wanted to run away because your vision was wavering when you looked at the four figures in front of you. Humans to dogs, humans to dogs.

"What's going on?! What's happening?!" You panicked.

"Hey!" A ruff voice growled at you. "You're going to exhaust yourself, even more, when you panic like that. So, quit it." The voice said.

"I can't see anything. I can't focus my vision. Please help...me...." Your voice faded as you start to fall, fainting.

~

Kiba flinched as you fell and race to catch you which felt wrong yet right to him. He was in his human form when he caught you like the rest.

"Woah, Kiba..." Hige was shocked at his pack mate's actions.

"We're actually going to help this human? What about-." Kiba cut Tsume off.

"I don't know why I want to help her. Maybe it's just instinct, I don't really know what it is exactly." Kiba said picking up your unconscious body into his arms.

"When she's awake we can ask her what her name is. Maybe she can come with us to Paradise." Toboe exclaimed.

"I don't know, runt. That's Kiba's call, right?" Hige asked swinging his arm around Toboe's shoulders looking over at Kiba.

"Yeah. Let's stop for now and try to find her something to eat." Kiba said.

The four wolves went to find shelter for the night and then Toboe and Hige went to find food. It was an old building of some sort. Tsume leaned on the doorframe looking back at Kiba and the girl periodically as Kiba kept his eyes on her. He thought he'd have a strong connection with the Flower Maiden, not some human.

But, he found himself staring at her facial features and admiring them as he sat at her side. Even though she was pale and a little malnourished but she still looked beautiful.

"You've been staring...for like an hour...why?" You said to him in a quiet tone.

"Sorry..." Kiba mumbled back. You nodded tell him it was okay.

"But, it's like a dog...looking over his master or a mom with their young child...." You said having a coughing fit after saying that.

"It's just instinct...I can't really explain it." Kiba said.

You chuckled at his explanation. "So...who do I owe the pleasure of...speaking to?" You asked chuckling still.

Kiba smiled a bit. "I'm Kiba." He said.

"Kiba...that's a nice name. I'm Y/n." You said back to him, smiling. "Thanks for...helping me, even if it was just on....instinct."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro