90. Destination

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was 8 in the morning, but Jennie already got two mouses in the trap, no words uttered make Jennie can't hold her laugh in her room.

She excuses herself for bath after she ask Lisa to sitting down next to Jungkook for breakfast. She knew that glare, the glare Lisa gave every time she got annoyed.

Lisa doesn't know that Jungkook already at home, that's why the younger took her trap when she asks Lisa to stay the night at her house. Little did Lisa knew.

The two younger downstair just staring at their plate, to the pancake Jennie made, bathed with maple sauce, just like what Lisa teach Jennie last night as their pillow talk.

Noone tries to break the ice around them, just busy with their own world. Lisa also had no idea how to start the conversation, so she surrenders to the awkward situation and to taste of the pancake. As the first bite touch her tongue, she tries her best to not curse and just gulp the pancake whole. Her hand reaching for a glass of water clumsily make the glass fall and water spreading through the table and its adding panic in her.

She quickly standing and reaching for a napkin and mindlessly wiping Jungkook's hand with a worried look.

Thats not a fucking water. Thats a freaking hot tea. That Kim witch.

"I am sorry. Oh my god." She tried her best to help him, she can see how her fair skin turning red, his hand burned.

"It's okay." Said Jungkook but stay still letting Lisa to drying his hand with the napkin and blow it.

"Clumsy me." Jungkook stay still looking the worried Lisa that's so focus on his hand, watching how her expression changing from worried to angry to regret really make his heart swell. He is an eager man who don't know what the shame is. He knew that his wife watching them upstairs but still can't look away from someone he loves.

"I was that shock when I first taste Jen's food." She snorted and chuckled at that made the man smiling too. And they can't help but staring at each other with smile still painted on their face. There is longing in it, the unspoken feeling, the forbidden feeling, the sin. But Lisa is quick to let go his hand and begin to wipe the table counter, busy with cleaning the floor too before looking around the kitchen carefully.

"She probably mistaken salt with sugar." She said eyeing the two-jar standing side by side. But her eyes can't to unseen the big bold logo where SUGAR and SALT were placed in front of the jar. "Or she just simply wants to poison us. Tsk."

"Or she just too tired to cook but forcing herself to try the new things." He beams make Lisa looking at him, still standing at the kitchen and hand on both of her hips.

"That's good of you to still survive with no complain." She smiles afterward and walking toward the refrigerator watching that its full of fresh vegetables, and fruits. She opens the freezer and sees the chicken breast, sausage, meat, and fish there. "Thank you for giving her the second chance." She said that while closing the refrigerator and standing behind the counter right in front of Jungkook.

It took his breath away as she looks at him with a genuine smile on. Her eyes are still as doe as his, still holding the universe in them. Her hair was cut shortly, above her shoulder, but it's never failed to show off her aura, her charisma, her beauty. Her nose and her lips are still the favorite part for him. The way it's always pouting and smiling like nothing bad will ever come.

"Jen's said you will make Kim Kai lost everything." But aside of that, Jeon Jungkook can't help but stating the things that is filling his head nonstop. He is learning that from the news that's flooding the internet and tv. Kim Kai and Lalisa Manoban's name were everywhere 24 hours in a day.

Lisa's smile slowly disappears as she plays her hand with the utensil.

"Bab- I mean- Lisa... " Her heart tickled with his unintentional blabbering as she answers him.

"That's if I win the court." She chins up and try to look strong. But who she jokes with, its Jeon Jungkook. It's the person who found a diamond in the sea of stone in herself. "We lack evidence. Police even try to make me to taking back-"

"How-"

"Kim Kai had everything under his foot." She hates to say that, but that's the fact. "At least I should try it, that's what Bobby told me. At least someone else, even if it's only one person that will believe that Kim Kai is not good at all, I feel enough."

"Is there anything I can help?" Jungkook said, feel sad cause he is useless.

"You shouldn't be seen on the surface; Kim Kai can't touch you after he knew that Jen unnie involved. Bobby and the lawyers will find a way." She sounds so sure, or was she try to make herself sure. "If I lost... He won't let me run again. But at least he knew that its over for me to him."

"Do you still love him?" He asks in the end, try to find something to comfort himself.

"I loved him."

--
Lisa stunned staring blankly after Jennie revealed what she had as proof. The evidence of sexual harassment that Kim Kai did.

Jennie already said that it will affecting both sides, but Lisa never knew it will be this much. How could Kai, the person who said he loves her genuinely doing this thing several times, without her knowing, heartlessly.

He even let anyone else to have them. Just how many people had this thing too. How many people judging her without her knowing. Now she feels insecure and so small as the investigator watching all the tape Jennie gave them.

"Everything will be alright." A gentle squeeze from Jennie on Lisa's hand for a while got Lisa's attention, even though the weight on her chest is still there. The sadness, the guilt, the remorse, the hate. Kim Kai is the devil.

"Unnie.. " She said with a tremble voice making Jennie initiating a hug while caressing her back up and down.

"Be strong lily. You are stronger than this, you know. "

"I want to kill him. "

"Me too. " Jennie nods agreeing whatever Lisa said. "Me too." Lisa hides her face on the crook of Jen's neck and sniffing between her sobs. "You must sacrifice a little bit. If we had another option, I'll choose other rather than make them watch all of them. I swear. "

"Did... Did he give you?"

"Nope." Jennie released Lisa and cupping the younger chins as she stares at Lisa' doe eyes. "He will never let anyone to have them, knowing how obsessed he is to you, he just wants you from himself. I guarantee no one have the tape except me. "

"But-"

"I stole them."

What?

"When we were lost contact, I play around with him. And one night when he got a call, I feel like watching Netflix or something, so I use his laptop without permission. And I found a folder with your name. Without thinking I copied them to my usb thinking that I will use them to blackmail you. Sorry." She uttered now looks disappointed more to herself to ever thinking hurting Lisa even before the younger had relationship with her wife. "I had them for a long time ago. I swear I never give them to anyone. You believe in me, right? "

She looks at the cat eyes in front of her, and slowly making her way to nods. She had no one but Jennie and Bobby in the first place.

When everyone said that Jen only took advantage of her, she never buys it. She knew her best friend, she knew Jen is not good at showing what she feels. Rather than saying I miss you she'll choose I crave your cook instead.

"But how many lawyers you got for me?" Lisa moves her head a bit to make Jennie look at her behind, where 4 new lawyers gathering around to make note with the 2 lawyers Jen paid.

"Jungkook insisted to add them to the group. " Jennie said now smiling as she mentions about her husband make Lisa flustered for a while. "He wants to help. A lot. He got super excited when I said I'll help you about Kai. Thats when it hit me that he already changes, you flip his heart just like that. "

"Unnie its not-"

"The eyes which is always swooning over me, with the heart shape that's make me feel uncomfortable in the past, now only reacting every time I call your name."

"Don't. Please. I don't want to third wheel anymore. Thats enough for me to realize where I should stand. "

"Too late to make those confession. I saw him dying, Lis. And your name is the only thing he can react to." Lisa bites her lips as her heart clenched. "In the morning too when he still didn't know you were there, he said it's strange to be painless in the house after a while. Is it make sense? Thats a miracle that tying the two of you."

"I call it Karma. "

"Thats fate. And you can't run from it."

"I don't want to talk about this anymore. I-"

"Sure, we need to make this clear, Lisa. "

"Then what you wanted to say with this? That you'll give your husband away? Do you think I would be capable to take him back just like before after what you did for me? No. You can't expect that. I have the heart of a woman like you."

"So, what's the use of letting go from Kim Kai if Jeon Jungkook is not your destination?"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro