Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Unedited
~~~

Since the day Sam saw Samar with another woman at the mall, she grew colder and more distant towards each and every member of the family. She did not even want to share her feelings with Roshni anymore, because she believed it was of no use. Her life was useless and empty now. She just needed something to get her mind off things. She had told Roshni she would agree to get married to whoever her mom would choose for her, but she hadn't told her parents yet. She knew what the outcome would be once she decide to tell them - there will be no backing out.

She heaved a long exasperated sigh before sauntering to her parents room. She was about to make a life changing decision for herself. She didn't spare a minute to think about her own happiness. All she could think of was the image of Samar with another woman and how he completely snubbed her like some piece of trash. She was just very unlucky in love. Fortunately for her, both of them were around. The door was slightly opened so she caught a glimpse of them. She didn't hesitate to knock on the door.

"The door isn't locked." She heard Ber mom's voice from inside the room.

She took that as a cue to go in. "Good evening." She greeted the both of them and took a seat beside her mom on the couch.

"You don't look so fine. Are you alright, Sam?" Pratik asked, his gaze boring into hers.

"Yes." She forced a smile. "I'm perfectly alright. I came to tell the both of you something. Something very important."

Durga and Pratik exchanged looks before they both averted it back to her.

"Hope it's something good." Durga muttered.

"What is it, dear?" Pratik inquired.

Sam shut her eyes and spoke. "Ihave decidedtgetmarried."

"What was that?" Durga asked, her eyes glittering with happiness.

"What did you say, Sam? I couldn't understand a word you uttered." Pratik remarked.

Sam opened her eyes and saw her mum grinning very widely. She must have understood what she said. "I have decided to get married to whoever you both choose for me." She repeated more clearly.

"Really?" Durga beamed. "I can't believe this. Thank you very much, dear. You've made me very very happy right now."

"You're willing to get married? Weren't you-"

"Just leave her be, hon. She has decided to get married and that's what really matters. Everything else is irrelevant." She said cutting him off.

"Are you sure this is what you want, sweetheart?" Pratik inquired solemnly.

Sam took minute to think before speaking up and giving her final answer. "Yes, dad. This. Is. What. I. Want." She enunciated and gave a closed lip smile.

Pratik also smiled back at her reassuringly.

Durga moved closer to Sam and took her hand in hers. "Don't worry about anything, dear. I will look for the best man for you. You will always be happy. You have my unending blessing with you." She hugged her.

"Thank you very much, mum. I love you so much." She cried on her shoulders and wrapped her arms around her tightly. She couldn't stop herself from crying intensely - here she was committing herself to an arrange marriage. She hated the mere words before, but now condition had made her embrace the concept.

Durga pulled her back perturbed. "Why are you crying so much, Sam? Are you sure you're alright?"

"You can talk to us, dear." Pratik intervened.

"It's nothing mum, dad. I'm just regretting my decision in the past. I should have listened to the both of you when you told me Samar is a gold digger and a cheat. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." She sobbed harder.

Pratik stood up from the bed and inched closer to Sam. "You don't have to apologize for anything, Sam. It wasn't your fault and moreover, you've realized the fact now - this is all that matters." He explained.

Sam looked at him with her eyes filled with tears. She deeply regretted not listening to them. "Thanks, dad. I love you." She hugged him.

"What did that ex convict do to you?" Durga asked enraged.

Sam quickly detached herself from her dad and averted her gaze to her mum just as quick. "He didn't do anything." Sam was quick to come to his defence. Even after everything he had done to her, Sam felt the need to keep his secret from her family member, especially her mom. She didn't want them to know she already saw everything with her own eyes. She would feel more ashamed in their presence for she had accused them all for lying against him because he wasn't there to defend himself. "I just feel he is indeed a bad person. He left for almost two weeks now and never even came back for me. You were all right about him."

"It's okay, Sam. You should always put in mind, your parents are the only ones who want you to do better than them. Not even your close friends. Just your parents, so you should always listen to whatever we say, okay?"

"I promise, mom." Sam smiled sadly.

"I hope we find a very nice and well educated man for our Sam." Pratik smiled.

"Yes. A man who would be able to keep you happy for the rest of life." Mom chipped in.

Sam blinked away tears from her eyes and smiled. "I will be in my room." She stood up and sauntered out of the room.

~~~

Karan couldn't stop the vague thoughts that kept invading his mind. What was the secret behind Mira's sadness? Why did her eyes always look lifeless and most importantly, why was leaving in the mansion alone? He couldn't solve these puzzles alone and that was why he came mustered all the courage he had and came to the conclusion to get Mira to open up to him. He would stop at nothing to get the answers out of her and off his mind.

He sighed and lay back on the couch with his eyes closed. Subconsciously, the image of the girl he had seen in the mall flashed in his mind. Abruptly, he opened his eyes and sat up. "Why can't I stop thinking about that girl?" He asked himself, shaking his head with the aim of spurning the thought, but it didn't work. The next image that flashed in his mind, was the girl gazing at him with eyes filled with tears. No matter how hard he tried not to think about her, he just couldn't stop. He couldn't grasp the reason her face wouldn't leave his mind. It was not as if he had ever seen her, or had he...? - he wondered. "Perhaps. That has to be the reason. I should have walked up to her and ask." He breathed. He regretted not going after her and asking why she was gazing at him strangely with her eyes filled with tears, but now it was too late to search for her. "I just need to get her off my mind. She's nobody to me." He said, trying to convince himself. His mind was saying something else, while his lips said otherwise.

He tried thinking of something else to divert his mind from the mysterious girl, but it just wasn't working. He heaved an exasperated sigh and fortunately for him, Mira walked in with a lady trailing behind her. He was indeed grateful for her return. He was starting to drown in his thoughts.

Mira sauntered closer to him and took a sit opposite him. The lady also did the same.

"Welcome back." He greeted casually.

"Thank you. This is Pronita, my childhood friend. She will be staying here with us for the meantime." She paused and turned to Pronita. "This is Karan, the man I told you about. He is staying her for now." Mira introduced.

"Awww! That's so kind of you, Mira." She squealed and averted her gaze to Karan. "It's so nice meeting you." Pronita extended her hand for a handshake, which Karan instantly took.

"Likewise." He gave a small smile. "How was work?" He asked Mira.

"It was good." She replied.

"And... Any news about my family yet?" He asked.

"Unfortunately, no. I have had your pictures printed in newspapers and also on television, but it's futile. It seems nobody knows you in this city." Mira replied gloomily. .

"Seems so." He smiled ruefully. "I will like to move out soon. Thank you so much for all the help you've rendered to me."

Mira's lips tugged upwards. "You're welcome and no, I won't allow you leave just yet. You can stay for at least a month more and if there's no improvement in the situation, then I'd gladly allow you leave."

"Alright then." He smiled. "A month it is."

"And-"

"Miraaaa..." Pronita cried exaggeratedly. "You two are so serious." She huffed. "Why don't we talk about something else? Something fun." She suggested.

Mira rolled her eyes. "Something like what?"

She smirked. "For starters," she averted her gaze to me again. "Do you have a girlfriend or perhaps a wife?" She inquired.

Karan gazed at Mira first, then at Pronita. "I don't recall." He replied.

"Oh my! I totally forgot you lost your memory. That's just so unfortunate! Still, do you think you have a girlfriend or a wife?" She questioned.

Mira face palmed, but kept mum.

Karan chuckled. "How'd I know?"

"And that's why I'm asking if you 'think' so. I'm not asking if you 'know'." She rolled her eyes.

"No." He replied curtly.

"No? That's wonderful!" She squealed. "It means you're free to date or even get married to anyone!"

"What?"

"Yes, silly. I think you're a handsome man and-" she was interrupted by Karan coughing awkwardly. She chuckled.

"I think we've heard enough." Mira stated and turned to Karan. "Please forgive my friend. She's a talkative and just doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut."

"Well, I'm not sorry for being loquacious person." She shrugged. "It's actually heredity. I inherited it from my mom. When she was still pregnant with me, she-"

"He's not interested in your life story." Mira cut her off.

She took a quick look at Mira before averting it back to Karan. "Is it true?" She asked, feigning melancholia.

"Of course not. Please continue." He replied, summoning all of his willpower to suppress his laugh.

A maid came around and served the triad a glass of orange juice each.

"You see?" She rolled her eyes at Mira. "Please do not interrupt our conversation anymore." She warned.

"Yes, ma'am." Mira saluted.

"Good." She huffed and turned to Karan. "Where were we?"

Karan shook his head and shrugged.

Mira's laughter could be heard in the background.

"You're a very handsome man and single. I'm a very beautiful girl and single as well. Why don't we become an item?" She asked nonchalantly.

Involuntarily, Mira spilled the sticky juice from her mouth due to her friend's words.

Karan's eyes were almost bulging out of their sockets. "Who? Me?"

"Yup. Why not? We're both single." She shrugged.

"I..." Karan cleared his throat, not knowing what answer to give. He found Pronita really beautiful and fun to be with, but for some reason, he didn't want to be in a relationship with her. He wanted to tell her that, but he didn't know how to do it without it coming off rude. He kept quiet instead.

Mira sighed. "I will be in my room if you need me guys." She stood up headed straight to her room.

"You'd like that, right?"

"We'd look very good together."

"Why aren't you speaking?"

"What does it feel to have amnesia?"

Mira's laughter echoed across the hallway of the mansion. "I hope you don't kill him with your weird questions." She shouted as she continued sauntering away.

~~~~
😂😂😂😂😂😂

What do you think about the new character, Pronita?

Please don't forget to vote and comment 🙏🙏

Follow my Wattpad account @deey_jah for update about my stories.

If you're interested in joining my WhatsApp group chat, send me a DM.

deey_jah

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro