Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Unedited.

~~~~

Not wanting to delay the burial, it was done as quickly as possible. It was not easy for Samar to say goodbye to Mir a. In a short span of time, he had gotten used to her being around. She was the one who stood by him and nurtured him when he was sick, like a mother would her child. She did not deserve to die — he knew, but life was not fair and most of the times, the good people are always the ones suffering the most. If someone had told him this was what was going to happen on his wedding day, he wouldn't have believed a word from then, but then again, no one really knows tomorrow, except for God. 

Indisputably, Mira's death was what he was always going to remember no matter where life took him to next. Apart from Sam, she was the only stranger who believed in him. Who had faith in him. Who trusted him and above all, who loved him unconditionally. She loved him even when he was not worthy of her love. She was a billionaire and he, an ordinary man with no future ambition. Her memories were forever going to be engraved in his mind — he knew this for a fact.

Sam — he suddenly remembered what Pronita had told him the previous day, about her wanting to meet him. To say her final goodbye to him. Engrossed in Mira's burial and thoughts, he totally forgot all about her. She probably must have left — he thought to himself.

Ambling out of house, to his dismay, Sam was standing outside. Just in front of him. She looked disturbed and unsure about something inexplicable to him.

He stepped away from the door, ushering her in. He observed her demeanor — her brows were furrowed and her lips were pressed in a thin line. She looked everything, but relaxed. Clearing his throat, he spoke; "I'm sorry for yesterday! I shouldn't have ignored you the way I did. I was so busy wi—"

"Don't worry, I understand." She cut him off and paused for some seconds. "I didn't come here for that. I came to talk. I want us to talk. About us." She added, laying extra emphasis on the last two words.

"Please come into the house." He motioned.

"No." She shook her head. "I'm good here. It won't take long anyways."

"Alright. Let's at least sit down." He suggested.

"Okay." She agreed and they took a seat on a bench. "I..." She began. "Came to say goodbye to you."

"Where are you going to?" He questioned.

"I don't know, but I need to leave. For good." She swallowed.

"What are you saying?" Samar sprung up. "You have absolutely nowhere to go to."

"I know." She replied curtly.

"Then why are you being so adamant?" He queried.

"I have done enough damage here. I need to get my life back on track." She remarked, dodging his gaze.

"Look at me." He demanded.

And she did.

"You've done nothing." He stated. "If someone is to be blamed for what happened to Mira, then that would be me. I shouldn't have dragged her into my messed up life."

"It wasn't your choice." She reminded. "So don't blame yourself either."

"I don't know why bad luck always follows me wherever I go. Yesterday was supposed to be our wedding day, but this had to happen."

Sam shut her eyes tightly and when she reopened them, she spoke rigidly. "I have said what I cane to say. It's time for me to leave." She stood up to leave, but he was quick to stop her, by grabbing her hand.

"Where will you go?" He questioned again.

"It's none of your concern." She yanked her hand away from his hold and turned to leave.

"It is." He remarked, making her stop in her tracks. "You are my responsibility."

Sam turned around and gazed incredulously at him. "Responsibility?" She queried incongruously. "Wow! Since when?"

"Ever since." He interjected. "You know this Sam."

"Unfortunately, I don't." She narrowed her eyes at him. "I should better leave."

"You can stay here." He offered.

"No, thanks. I'm not a charity case." She smiled bitterly.

"I didn't mean it that way. You're misunderstanding me." He groaned.

"Am I?" She asked. "Maybe you're right, but one thing you should know is that, I despise taking help from people, especially those who doesn't value me at all."

Samar raked a hand through his hair in exasperation. "I value you, Sam. You know that all too well." He sighed. "I love you, Sam. I never stopped."

"You suddenly realised this after Mira's death. Wow!" She shook her head in disbelief.

"Will you please just listen to me?" He asked. "From the moment I regained my memory, I wanted to come to you right away, because I realised I love you and you alone. But Mira threatened to kill herself if I left the house. I didn't want that and so, I had to stay back. Please believe me, Sam — this is the truth. I'm sorry."

"I understand. I truly do now." She gave a duchenne smile. "I'm also sorry for not trusting you in the past."

"It's all in the past now." He returned the smile. "We can start anew."

Sam's eyes twitched. "What does that mean?"

"I'm willing to go with you wherever you want. I don't belong here anyways. Mira is gone. I think it's finally time for me to leave as well."

"Are you sure about this?" Sam inquired.

"Very." He replied. "I have no reasons to stay in this house anymore."

~~~~~~

"We will be leaving this house tonight." Samar announced to a bewildered Pronita.

"But why?" She questioned.

"Mira is gone." He replied matter-of-factly. "I don't need to be here anymore."

"You can't just leave!" She boomed.

"Please, Pronita." He sighed. "My mind is already made up. I'm taking Sam with me. Until now, I haven't fought for her the way she always do for me."

Pronita's gaze travelled from Samar to Sam, before travelling back to Samar. "You have responsibilities to uphold."

Sam's brows furrowed.

"What are you talking about?" He asked, perplexed.

"I will tell you; a day before your wedding, Mira had transferred her entire properties in your name." She remarked.

Sam's eyes bulged and her jaw dropped.

Rigidly, Samar blurted; "me?!"

~~~~~~~

Hey!

What do you think about Mira's decision of transferring her property to Samar?

Is he deserving?

Should he reject?

Will Sam's parents finally accept him as their son in law.

FOLLOW ME ON WATTPAD @deey_jah

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro