#44: Irresistible (Part 5)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

*Y/N's P. O. V. *

~~~4 months later~~~

We really tried our best to make this work and I'm so happy to say that we're doing great. Patrick and I have been in this secret relationship for more than 4 months now. We've talked and thought about this thoroughly and thankfully, our efforts are working. Nobody knows, we remained normal in school, and every time we go out, we make sure that we're far from this state just to make sure no one that knows us sees us.

We're really careful as we don't want to cause any problem. I know this is just a temporary thing anyway - soon enough I'll be able to graduate and this wouldn't look so bad after that. It's not like we're ashamed of each other...hell no,it's never going to be that. We just don't want to ruin each other opportunities. If ever this situation is known to the university, he'd lose his job and his professional image will be tainted and I'll lose my scholarship and chance to be accepted at my dream graduate school. So for now...we really have to keep it chill.

But chill is not what's currently happening.

It's pretty late already, but Patrick and I are still at his office at the campus since we were doing some papers works that needs to be done. We were actually done 30 minutes ago, but playtime between us ensued which led to this. And by this, I mean making out in his office.

Of course the door is locked. No CCTV or other kind of cameras are inside his office. We're at the blind spot and no one can see us even if someone is peeking in...we know this already, because honestly this isn't the first time this happened. There's just moments where we get too intimate and we end up doing this, but of course, it's just making out here, nothing more.

We finally decided to gasp for air after being locked on each other lips for minutes.

"Sorry," Patrick chuckled cutely. We might stopped kissing, but our bodies are still so close to each other.

"I think you're the only one who says sorry after making out," I teased him. I gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"Well, I always start this kind of session. I'm not really sure if you're comfortable and doing it here ----

"Do you think I'll be all wrapped around you if this isn't okay for me?" I said while laughing, "I know it's still somehow bad, but come on. We're not doing anything else instead of kissing," I continued.

"Good point," he smirked, "But I'm also saying sorry for not being able to take you on this new trip."

"It's fine, I wouldn't be able to come too even if you invited me. I need to practice for that one grand recital, remember? I'll have a solo violin part and I have to practice hard for it," I explained, "I'm sure you and Prof Elaine will do great on this trip."

Patrick smiled a little worriedly but that small worry immediately faded, "I'll be back after four days and I'll make it up to you by then."

"Already excited for it," I replied, a smirk appearing on his lips.

"Stay at my place tonight?" he asked, making me smile at him like an idiot.

"When did I say no to that?" I stated and we began to kiss again.

I definitely know where this is going, most especially when we get to his place.

*Patrick's P.O.V.*

After preparing to leave as quiet as I can, I slowly crawled next to Y/N who's still peacefully sleeping on my bed, "Hey, princess? I have to go and catch my flight now. Sorry for waking you up, beautiful, I just want to say goodbye," I told her and kissed her on the head.

Y/N pushed herself to open her eyes, she gently pulled me in for a hug, "Miss you already, prof," she said playfully.

"Yeah, same here. Promise we'll do something different when I get back. You take care, okay?" I told her while hugging her back.

"Mmhmm, you too," she hummed. I pulled back a little just so I can see her face. I smiled and kissed her.

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, Patrick."

~~~2 Days Later~~~

Even without Y/N, I still managed to enjoy this trip. Of course, it's because I'm doing work that I love and I still have a friend with me during this whole trip. Elaine has been so cheerful all the time, also a little more flirty than usual, but I think that's just who she is. We did a great job at the convention and after two whole days of work, we're finally free from the pressure.

Of course, even if I got a little busy, I still found some time to call Y/N. I make sure that I'm far from Elaine every time I call so she wouldn't hear us. It's just short calls, but it's enough to make my day brighter. I've become so attached to her that I can't wait to return home.

Coming to think about home, Y/N isn't actually the only reason why I want to go back. Like I have said, Elaine has been a little more flirty during this trip and it's beginning to bother me. I have known her to be like this from the start and I never perceived it negatively, but somehow during this trip, it really started to bother me. I don't know if it's because I'm in a relationship now or she just really became more flirty.

Elaine being flirty is what's currently happening - she's too physically close to me while talking, often wrapping herself around my arms, she also leans on me constantly and honestly, it's like personal space doesn't exist anymore. I always try my best to keep distance, but she's like a magnet. I tried pushing myself to say something but I have always been bad at this. I didn't want to come off as rude, but after tonight's dinner - which she asked me go to and that dinner basically looking like a legitimate date night - I need to say something.

"This was really a great night, Patrick. Thank you for coming with me," she said cheerfully and I just smiled at her, "I hope we get to do this again soon, what do you say?" We're now by her hotel room door and she casually leaned against the wall, but still being so close in front of me.

"It was a great night, Elaine...but listen. You're a really wonderful lady and I have always been thankful that you are a close co-worker and friend of mine, I just don't want this to mean something when it doesn't. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm lucky enough to do these things with someone like you...but I hope we both don't assume much from this," I tried to use words that are not offensive in any way and I'm satisfied with what I have said.

Elaine's reaction changed in a snap. Her flirty cheerful smile suddenly becoming a fiendish grin, "Is it because I'm not a student anymore? Am I automatically disqualified because of that?"  she asked all of a sudden and I swear my heart sank.

I lost my words and I stared at her in shock even if I try to remain as calm as possible. My throat tightened too, does she know?

Elaine giggled with a teasing manner and she gently tapped my cheeks, "Loosen up, Patrick. Don't worry, I'm the only one who knows...for now," she said with a smirked and I remained silent. I couldn't deny it anymore because, from her eyes, I know that she knows it already, "Come on, love. I'm already giving you an escape from this mess that you've made."

"I don't think of it as a mistake...We're not ---

Elaine scoffed at me, "You know, since the beginning, I've always liked you and I always look forward to the day where we'll be, you know, in a relationship. I didn't think it has to come to this. I'm giving you a choice, Mr. Stump. I hope you choose wisely," she murmured fiendishly going closer and closer to me. She gave me a mocking kiss on the lips before leaving me in the hallway all alone with all these worries in my head.

I quickly got inside my room and I wanted to call Y/N and tell her, but I stopped myself from doing so. This will definitely make her stressed and maybe put her in so much pressure and that's the last thing I want to do to her. I just need to calm down and maybe sort this out with Elaine. I sat silently on my bed, just thinking for hours how to fix this.

Hours pass by and I remained not moving there. The only thing that enabled me to move is my phone which kept on vibrating. I reached for it and saw Elaine emailing me...it was pictures of me and Y/N during our dates...and these pictures really say that something is going on between us.

'You guys are so cute, I think the whole college will be so happy when they see this,' the message read.

I jumped off of my bed and hurried to her room, knocking continuously. Elaine opened it with a mocking flirty grin on her face, "Hey, what's up?"

"Don't you dare, Elaine. I don't care about my reputation but you'll ruin a great student if you do that," I told her. I wanted to be angry, but I know I can't. Elaine has the upper hand here and I don't want to piss her off.

"Oh, sure. You know I could do anything for you, Patrick. I promise I'll keep this as a secret of mine, a secret that I will take to my grave if you may...but, you have to, at least, do some things for me, right? Just for Y/N's reputation and sake...right, Patrick?" she asked.

I can't believe I fell right into her trap.

*Y/N's P.O.V.*

I'm really beginning to get worried, Patrick hasn't texted or called me after his second day on his trip. I kept on trying to reach him, but he's not picking up or even giving me calls. I honestly wanted to go to the airport and wait for him for today, but that wouldn't be a great idea. I'm not able to check the campus too since I don't have classes today, so I'm just here at my apartment waiting.

I looked outside and realized that it's pretty late already, but still, no calls. My anxiety was really bothering me so much so I just decided to go to his house anyway. Before I left, my best friend finally arrived. Well, at least I could ask her if she has seen Patrick around the campus.

"Y/N, you and Mr. Stump are really upping your game huh? Even making a show where he and Ms. Elaine are in a relationship, when in truth, and it's you and him?" Meagan said in a teasing manner at me. She's the only person who knows about me and Patrick because I trust her so much, but what she said just confused the hell out of me.

"Uh...w-what?" I asked.

"Oh come on, Y/N. The whole college of music has been so noisy all day about Patrick and Elaine finally being in a relationship. They just arrived earlier and it seems like they're acting great, maybe Mr. Stump trusts her so much too and ----"

Meagan stopped as she realized the presence of confusion, worry, anxiety and everything on my face. Her expression changed from being cheerful to becoming worried too, like as if she's realizing a lot of stuff, "Y/N, please don't tell me that...

"P-Patrick has not contacted me for 2 days now...and we, we never talked about putting up a show like this, Meg. I have no idea what you're talking about," I told her blankly.

I could already feel my eyes getting wetter, but I'm remaining firm. Maybe this has an explanation, maybe Patrick had to do something like this because of some reason. I'm not quick to judge, and besides, I know he wouldn't do something like this.

I trust him.

///

Welp, there's the drama!

Thanks for reading!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro