#53: Irresistible (Part 14)

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

*Y/N's P. O. V. *

"So, you're really leaving tomorrow, huh?" I asked Elaine as she's organizing some things inside her office. She looked at me sadly and gave me a nod.

"Patrick's upset with me which I totally understand. I'm going away with a heavy heart but I hope I can make it up to him when I come back. I'll just arrange a surprise for him," she murmured with that fake sadness on her face.

Uhm, girl, no. I think you can NEVER make it up to him after what you did.

"He'll love that. I'm sure he can forgive you. If you like, I'll help you surprise him too," I said. Elaine's eyes light up as if she's really meaning to do this.

Now that I know the whole truth, I guess all those flirty talks about Patrick with me is hundred percent intentional. She wants me to know those lies to make me jealous. I couldn't believe that it has worked. I was just too shocked with how fast things have changed between me and Patrick and that I failed to see this. But now that I know, I'm having none of it.

"Really? Oh, you're an angel, Y/N. Let's just plan the moment I got back, alright?!" she said excitedly and I nodded at her.

"Sure...sure," I said, "Can't wait for you to be back," I added. Luckily, she's not noticing anything different about me. I guess she's too excited for that trip of hers.

She continued to pack and I helped her clean a little. I was by the shelves, just organizing papers there and I finally saw it - the VIP ticket to the orchestra that will also happen tomorrow. She doesn't even care about this and leave it laying on a pile of scratch papers. I'm sure she doesn't even care if she lost this, but this is my everything now.

I secretly took it and hide it before resuming what I was doing. Soon enough, we were both done and she said she had to leave earlier since she has to prepare. I bid her a goodbye, promising to myself that the moment she come back...she'll get a taste of her own medicine.

*Patrick's P. O. V. *

This will be my biggest performance to date and I'm both happy and devastated at the same time.

The event already started an hour ago but I can already tell it's a success, each round of performance is phenomenal and I couldn't believe that I contributed a big part on this. I'm feeling so proud of myself that I was able to pull this off even if I'm so stressed and feeling alone. I'm taking pride in this...I just wish I have my girl with me to celebrate - and by that, I mean Y/N.

After my outburst on text yesterday, I'm honestly glad that Elaine isn't here. She just ruins everything that I do and I've proven that now. I think I'm just so down and desperate that I almost wanted to be with her, but now I realized that being alone may be better...even all of the other performers have their love ones with them. I just have to do this alone.

Everyone at the venue that sees me is congratulating me on the success. It's overwhelming because the event is just starting yet they are all impressed already. I thanked them and headed to my room to prepare.

My solo will be up soon, I could hear the cue already. 10 more minutes and I should be up there...but all of a sudden, it hit me. My anxiety just came in unannounced.

My hands started shaking violently, I could feel my heart palpitating. The noises, the music, the claps outside are ear-wrecking and drowning me. I had to lean against the wall because of the sudden dizziness I'm feeling. I honestly feel like puking.

This is why I needed someone. I knew my anxiety would attack me.

I'm so stressed, I feel so alone...so guilty that I'm the reason why I lost Y/N. I would do everything to get her next to me to keep me together during this event.

I'm trying so hard to be okay, I tried to get my breathing stable again, but it seems like I can't. The anxiety is eating me away. I'm a mess.

I have finally broken down....

The first time I'm admitting that I can't do this anymore...

"Patrick. Patrick, hey... Patrick, look at me, listen to my voice," all of a sudden, I heard her.

I tried to focus on the voice and when I got a grip of my surroundings...I realized she's in front of me...as beautiful as she always is.

It seems like I really have broken down and lost a grip of my reality for a while. I am now kneeling on the floor, but now she's here...kneeling in front of me too so she could face me.

This isn't just a hallucination, right?

"Y-Y/N?" I called her name softly, missing saying that name. She beautifully smiled as she heard my call and happy tears formed on the corner of her eyes too. She's wearing light make-up and wearing a beautiful glittering blue dress which makes her look more like a princess.

"Hey, prof. I missed you," she said, pulling me in slowly for a hug that has long been overdue. With that simple gesture, all my worries began to float away and I hugged her back tightly. I let go of everything and focused on her. I have no idea what's going on but I'll take everything now, "I didn't expect to see you on this state and I'm so sorry if I'm late. I'm sorry if I didn't see it earlier, I'm sorry you had to go through this alone, but I'm here now. We're doing this together from start to finish," she whispered ever so softly against my ear.

"I'm so so so proud of you, Patrick and I know you can do this. I always have been your biggest fan and admirer and will always be. You already did great things that contributed to this event and going out there and owning that stage will be the best one of them all. This has always been your dream, right? To play and show your passion, now's the time, Prof. Go own this," she pulled back, now cupping my cheeks and wiping off the tears on my face.

She's smiling at me proudly, really meaning everything she's saying and her words, her presence, her all has helped me be stable again.

"You're really here," I cupped her cheeks and said that which made her chuckle. For months this is the first time I've seen her calm and smiling like this in front of me. I have my princess again.

"Course I am and promise I will never leave," Y/N murmured before giving me a kiss that I've missed so much. Her lips is still as sweet and soft as I remember them to be.

"I really don't want to let you go but you have to go out there and pour your heart out playing. I'll be watching you and supporting you. If ever you felt anxious again...just look at me, imagine we're the only ones here. That's what you told me before, right? Do the same thing," she told me confidently.

We both stood up and she did everything to organize the mess in front of her - which I mean me.

Honestly, I'm scared to leave this room. What if I wouldn't get the chance to be like this to her again...

"I'll wait for you to finish then explain everything...alright? Show the world how amazing you are, prof," she smirked, giving me a quick peck on the cheeks.

I smiled at her and squeezed her hand before walking towards the stage.

That was all I need. I still don't know what happened, but I'm thankful that it did. She was all that I need to get back on track and now she's here...everything is fine again.

~~~

I've been performing for minutes already and all worries and nervousness has subsided. I let music possess me and let my passion kick in which enabled me to do everything perfectly.

I'm giving it my all, everyone on stage with me is giving an incredible job too. The audience is in awe, but the most important of all, Y/N is here admiring what I'm doing. Her eyes screams how she's so proud of me and how she missed me and that's the best feeling right now.

I continued to give it my all and just like a swift, the performance is over and everyone applauded. We stood up then bowed as a form of thanks and finally, the performance ended.

We congratulated each other, people were acknowledging me left and right, I'm getting a lot of networks and connections already and I'm so thankful for all of this...but I really just need one person now.

After socializing for an agonizingly long 20 minutes, I was finally able to leave the area to go and find her. I'm so scared that I'll lose this opportunity again, but I swear I won't. She came to me confidently, maybe she figured it out. Maybe a miracle really did happen.

I took my phone out and saw a message from her telling me she's at the garden on the rooftop of this venue. I immediately made my way there and in no time, I'm seeing the girl that I love standing in the middle of the garden while looking up at the stars.

I approached her and gave her a warm hug from behind, "You have no idea how I missed you so much, Y/N. I'm so sorry for everything that I have done, for every word I have said. I didn't mean it all. God knows I'd do everything just not to hurt you but I became the very reason why you're ---

"Hey, shh. It's okay, I understand it all now. Everything," she said as she spin to face me. Y/N put her arms over my shoulder and my hand dropped around her hips, "It took a while to get it. It angered me so much when I figured it out, but here I am...and I know everything now. Sorry you had to go through that, but thank you. For doing everything for my sake," she stated.

Y/N told me everything - how she figured things out...how Elaine was cheating. I was already disgusted with Elaine, but finding out that she has the audacity to do something like cheating when she already stole and blackmailed me away makes it way worse.

I'm so angry and frustrated that I could really explode right now, but luckily, Y/N's presence is able to calm me down.

"The nerve of that girl. I don't understand how she gets the courage to do such thing. And a student, huh? She's worse than I am," I said.

"Don't you ever compare yourself to that girl, Patrick. You're a treasure and she's nowhere close to that. She did unimaginable things, blackmail and torture you and me and for what? For her to cheat on you? She did these for months and I'm done with that. She'll see that she messed with the wrong people," Y/N said.

"Y/N, I don't want you to do things that will get you in trouble. I know what she did is beyond forgivable but....

"Don't worry, prof. She did this to her own self. I won't do anything that will get me or you in trouble. I promise. Besides, I'm not someone who could do that," she murmured and I agree.

"Of course, you're an angel. You wouldn't even hurt a fly," I said which made us both laugh.

It felt like nothing negative even happened between us during the past few months. Y/N and I picked up where we've left off and left all the negative things behind. It's obvious we're eager with each other and our conversation continued...both of us filling each other with stories that happened during these months that we lost. The sour and bitter tension is gone, the sadness and guilt has vanished too. All that's left is us and what we need to continue.

Everything is normal again and I intend to keep it that way. And now were together again, I know we'll make it through this now.

///
😅 Sorry for not updating! Love y'all!
One more chapter for this mini series!
Thanks for reading, lovelies!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro