Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Hey, princess."

I sighed in frustration as I heard that word and turned to see Tyler.

"What're you up to?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes.

"What do you want?"

"Come on, Princess." He said, putting air quotes around the word 'princess'. "What-are-you-up-to?" he asked again, emphasizing each word.

I was sincerely surprised by his choice of normal words. It's usually something like 'Oh you need some drinks' or 'Looking pretty clumsy today.'

"Your plans today!" He mumbled as if it was the silliest thing ever.

It kind of was, if it was anybody else asking.

"You very well know my plans. I am working at your place." I said the last sentence with a silent duh.

"After that, princess."

I groaned inside. "What do you want Tyler?"

"You can't just answer, can you?"

"I know what you're thinking." I muttered and his eyebrows rose with a smirk. "And please stop planning your next trick. Give peace a chance, will you?"

This was the longest civilised conversation we've ever had. Or simply a conversation we ever had. And that's most probably because I had time to sleep since I didn't have to tutor. Also, he didn't get a chance to annoy me, so I guess that left me with some energy.

"Alright." He said, hands in the air as he took a step backwards.

That surprised me as well since I was expecting a snarky remark. But it didn't last long heard a thump as soon as I turned.

I saw that the mud water has splashed across the bottom of my jeans and he snorted at the same time I groaned.

"Stop acting like you're ten." I muttered under my breath, not wanting him to ear.

Even Noel is more mature than him.

"Just because you act like a forty-year-old doesn't mean everyone should. I'm enjoying my life, unlike you." He smirked.

Apparently, he had sharp ears.

"Tell me, something sweetheart, have you ever been to a party?"

I looked right into his teasing eyes.

"Oh, never mind, I know you haven't. Just stop being a grandma and act like a fucking teenager."

I didn't want to talk to him. And I didn't have anything to say either. So, I stared at him with an annoyed look until he winked and left.

I recalled his words as I turned and walked.

Stop acting like a grandma, you have a boring life.

I chuckled to myself.

Yeah, of course. He doesn't have two tummies to feed and plenty of fees to pay.

He's got a dad that provides for him and a mom that takes care of him.

But not everyone has that privilege.

▪️▪️▪️

"Eve, honey." Sasha turned to me and Zack smacked her head, asking her to keep her eyes on the road. "Let's go shopping."

I swear I saw Zack flinch when she said the word shopping.

"I've got-"

"Work. Yeah, I know." She cut me off.
"But you're free Saturday evenings, right? And tomorrow happens to be a Saturday."

I gave her a weak smile with a nod.
"Maria's having some guests, so I can't leave them home alone."

Especially when they've recently developed a fond for arguing.

"Oh," She bit her lip, thinking. "Zack, you're free right? He'll stay with our boys." She said as her eyes filled with excitement.

Nobody has been so excited to be with me, since Sophie left. But what caught me on top of everything was the way she said 'our boys.'

"Huh?" Zack was super surprised and I stifled a smile.

"Please Zacky, pretty please." She made a puppy face, looking in the rearview mirror.

I saw him grimace when she called him Zacky.

"Fine." He rolled his eyes and I held back my laugh. He peeked at me to make sure I haven't heard the nickname and I pretended like I haven't.

But Zacky is a nice name.

That day, I called Annie and asked for an advance payment. I know for a fact that Sasha will ask me to buy something and then will pay for it.

It's time to buy some clothes for Noel and Theo anyway.

▪️▪️▪️ 

"Hey, you ready?"

"Yeah." I mumbled into my phone.

"I'll be there in five minutes."

I turned back ready to continue what I was doing before she interrupted with her call.

"What happened between you two? You weren't like this!"

"He started." Noel said pointing at Theo.

"That was my baseball." Theo pouted.

"Okay, stop. I didn't have to say this till now and don't make me say this again." I crossed my arms, still glaring at them. "If you guys fight once more, I'm going for punishments, alright?"

Inner me really wanted to hug and console them after looking at their puppy faces and glistening eyes.

But I had to. The arguments just escalated into fights.

"And Theo, don't try to punch your big brother ever again. Do you get that?"
A teary-eyed Theo nodded as I turned to Noel.

"Don't hurt him. He's a kid, okay?" Noel nodded instantly and I sighed.

"What if Zack sees you both fighting? He'll probably think I'm a bad sister and that I haven't taught you any manners. We don't want that, do we?" I softened my voice, hoping this trick would work and smiled in relief when both of them shook their head.

"He is a guest. Behave, okay? Now give me a flying kiss."

Theo flew a long kiss to me and I heard Noel say, "I'm a big boy. I can't give you a flying kiss, it's embarrassing."

"Oh, is that so?" I raised my eyebrows at him and Theo pushed him aside.

"Don't worry Ivy, I will give you kisses. I won't be embarrassed." He mumbled, shooting a glare at Noel.

Let's see that in a few years, kiddo.

"Flying kiss or no new gravity puzzle" I stated casually and it didn't even take him a minute to let loose the whole big boy thing.

Noel was a sucker for puzzles. We had a collection of puzzles that dad had bought for him.

Just as my triumphant smile made its appearance, the doorbell rang and I opened the door to see Zack in a grey sweatshirt that made him look-

Sorry, what?

I pushed my thoughts aside and I let him in."Make yourself home."

"Of course, but you better leave now or you would have to face the devil's wrath."

Just like that, we were off to shopping.

And oh, boy. Within the first half hour, I understood why Zack flinched when she mentioned shopping.

It took an hour for her to choose a dress.

"What about this?" She pointed to a cute floral print dress.

"It's cute. Would look good on you."

"So, buy it?" She asked me.

"Of course."

We ended up spending an hour more and at last, returned home with a bunch of clothes for Sasha and a couple of them for Noel and Theo.

As I predicted, Sasha insisted she'd pay and I persuaded her not to. So instead, she ended up buying dinner.

Finally, when we reached my home, a yawning Zack opened the door.

"I hope they weren't-"

"Not at all." He cut me off as he focused on Noel and Theo, who were intensely staring at the TV.

"They're true gentlemen." He said with a smile.

Theo was clutching onto Noel's arm, who searched for something beside him and when he couldn't, he tore his gaze off the screen and nervously looked around until it fell on us.

He gestured for Zack to come back and sit.

"Horror film?" I asked Zack with a smile as he nodded and plopped onto the couch.

The moment Zack sat down, Noel clung to his arm.

One could predict the movie by watching Noel's face. And Theo? He was just scared the whole time.

Finally, when the movie was over, he slowly loosened his grip on Zack, just as he tightened on mine.

"Bye!" I heard boys shout as they drove off. It felt like I was bidding their friends goodbye.

"Okay, now eat fast and get to bed. I'm so tired." I dramatically wiped off the invisible sweat from my forehead as I closed the door.

"Ivy? Can we sleep with you?"

Thanks to Zack and his brilliant idea of making them watch horror movies, we three were cuddled together on my bed.

And of course, Noel's snoring and Theo's drooling made my night perfect.

Thanks to everyone who's still reading this.

I know this chapter's kinda boring ( not that it's always interesting) I just felt like writing a chapter and I didn't have the framework of it, which I usually have 🙈

So sorry😁😝...

And I've recently noticed that my chapters are so long, which would be difficult for you people who are actually reading it .

So I'll make sure it's shorter from next onwards

Thanks again🥰

Be safe 💕

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro