Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"So, I take it that your first date after a century was so freaking good?" Sophie's voice squeaked through my phone.

"Yeah, it really was." I smiled at the thought of it.

Yesterday was something beautiful. I really don't know if this-Zack and I- would last long or not, but I think I'm gonna keep this one as a happy memory for the rest of my life.

Technically speaking, we just started dating yesterday. But thinking about it, we've been together for months.

Yesterday, as we reached my home, he let out a deep sigh. "Just so you know, that was my best first date."

"Me too, Thank you." I agreed. After all, I've never been to a date for like, five years...?

Wow, that's a long time for a teenager.

"Thanks to you. Now that it went smoothly, to be honest, I was a bit nervous." He smiled. "Don't tell Seth or Justin." He added quickly, which made me laugh.

"If it makes you feel good, I was nervous too," I smiled. It was dark, only a couple of streetlights still working. "So..." I trailed off, looking at him.

"So, yeah. We reached." He said, shoving his hands into his pocket. But my focus was on his features illuminated by the less lighting.

"Uh? Yeah, reached." I looked down, just to meet his gaze again.
"Aren't you coming in?"

He shook his head with a wink,
"Next time."

"Okay. Bye then."

"Bye," he stepped closer and I felt my stomach do a flip again, out of pure excitement.

"Good night?" I mumbled in a low voice and he smiled, leaning closer.

"Goodnight." He whispered just before his mouth brushed against mine.

Indeed a good night it was.

"Is my phone still working?" Sophie's voice brought me out of the memory loop.

"What?"

"Oh, thank almighty, you're still alive!" She sighed. Always dramatic.

"Stop being a drama queen, Soph."

"Really? I've been talking to you for a minute or so, just to get complete silence in return."

Oh.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear that."

"Of course, you won't. Now that you have a boyfriend."

I groaned, closing my eyes. "Just.shut.up."

I heard her laugh and rolled my eyes, walking through the almost empty hallway.

"I think that my free hour is over, Soph. It's chem now." I sighed, clutching my bag tighter.

"Why don't you bunk with your boyfriend?"

"Forget what I said and shut UP!" I whisper-yelled into my phone, just to get a chuckle in return.

"I'll call you ba-" before I could even finish that sentence, I felt a clasp on my arm and was pulled back.

Keeping me leaned against the locker, Tyler stood in front of me with narrowed eyes.

"Why are you hiding from me?"

"I'm not hiding from you." I said in defence, but it was a weak one.

"That's evident, Eve. I'm expecting you to talk to me and you just escape whenever there's a possibility."

Those blue eyes were still as intimidating as hell.

"I asked you to think about it. Did you? No. You're just hanging out with that hot blondie and chatting with that dumbass Jake." He growled.

Again, why is it that every boy important to me is a dumbass to him?

"You're still not considering it seriously, are you? Do you think it's a dare or something?" He asked again, stepping closer, with a much softer expression and I blinked my eyes.

I didn't tell him about Zack. Except for Will, who would have mentioned it to Cassy, nobody knew. I don't want him to think I'm rejecting him because I like someone else. I want him to know that I never saw him in that way, and probably never will.

"Tyler, please leave me alone. I have to go-"

"You always have to. You never stay, so I think this is better." He cut me off, leaving my mouth a bit open.

I always have to? Because I have to study hard and work hard to earn, you smarty-pants!

But of course, I didn't say it out loud.

"I don't think you're getting this. I've told you, you were bullying me Tyler. Bullying, do you understand? You made me feel like I'm a piece of waste, like I'm an outcast. I was good to you, as a friend, because you were nice to me at last. There's nothing more." I said those last words with a sigh of sympathy.

He just needs to understand the fact that I can't see him like that. Or anyone who has called me a slut and treated me like shit.

He opened his mouth to argue, but I heard someone make a sound and we both turned to see Will, standing behind us.

"Evelyn, are you heading to the library? If you are, we can go together." He said looking between me and Tyler.

And from that, I knew he wasn't going anywhere.

"Uh, yes. I'm coming." I tried to move, but Tyler placed his hands on my side so that I'm caged.

A groan escaped me as I looked at him. "Tyler, please."

Right now, I can see the old jerk making his way back into him.

"Speak, Eve. We need to talk."

"I really don't have time for this." I said, trying to move again and this time, he grabbed my arm, pulling me closer.

"Stop your fucking drama, Tyler." Will snapped, more like warned him.

It was epic, Tyler's face. He wasn't expecting it, me either. I knew Will wasn't a naive nerd like everyone thinks. Nerd? Yes, Naive? Nope.

I mean, he is calm and quiet. He sure doesn't say anything when people like Tyler provoke him. But I think that's him just ignoring this stuff.

But him snapping at Tyler, more like threatening and cursing at the same time? I think my mouth was slightly opened.

"You? Shut up. Don't you have any book to read?" Tyler said, once he was out of shock.

"I will shut up when you take your hands off her." He said. But no one would ever figure out that's what he said by looking at his face. He looked so calm.

"Who do you think you are, to threaten me?" He took a step back, glaring at him. But his grip was firm on my hand.

"I'm asking you nicely, Tyler. Take your hands off her." His voice was very sharp and low.

"Don't try to act." Tyler growled fully turning to him and I slipped to my left, moving closer to Will.

"Fine by me." And just like that, with my hand in his, he walked forward like nothing happened.

I remember what Sasha said, you guys can be like bestest friends.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked, once we were out of Tyler's sight.

"No. Thanks to you." I smiled.

"Welcome," he grinned. "Want me to say it to Zack?"

"What? Why would I want that?" I asked, turning to him with a frown but it vanished as soon as I saw him smiling.

He's joking.

"Am I witnessing the greatest moment, were Will Arthur Richards is joking?" I asked, nudging him and he raised his eyebrows with a smirk.

"You've been teasing about me and Cassy. I'm using my chance here."

Well, that's great.

Sasha's eyes were wide when I told her about Will and Tyler. She then, laughed out loud, earning us a glare.
Except for her teasing at lunch, eyeing Zack's table, everything was fine that day. I was afraid I'll run into Tyler again, but was happy that I didn't.

"Evelyn!" I turned to Zack's voice, while walking out of class and saw him heading my way.

"I thought you were gonna call me Ivy." I smiled, looking at him.

"Trust me, I'm slowly bringing it." He looked straight, draping an arm over my shoulder as we walked towards his car.

He kept calling me both Evelyn and Ivy. It was good, he wasn't quickly jumping into anything. He was taking his time, probably to make me comfortable, and I love that about him.

After the work, I came back with Jake as usual. It was  really hard to tolerate Jake's teasing. I mean, you get what you give.

But to be honest, I was enjoying it.

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

"That's not good." I laughed, seeing the burnt toast that Theo just made.

The boys were up early today and they decided to help me with breakfast. So that's how Theo ended up toasting bread and Noel ended up buttering it.

"Sorry," he grinned, trying another set and we together made the best-scrambled egg toast ever.

"Yummy," Theo licked his lips, showing off and I nudged him.

"Just because you toasted it, right?"

"Yeah," Noel laughed, stuffing a whole bread into his mouth and said something.

"Finish it and then speak, Noel." I gave him a glass of milk and he gulped it down.

"Will Zack be here for dinner?" He asked, looking at me and I blinked.

"I don't think so."

It's been weeks since we started dating. Somehow, he always manages to amuse me in every date. Which happened only a few times, since I was working, working and working.    He was here for dinner, maybe a couple of times and my boys were already getting used to it.

"Will Sasha be here?" Came the next question.

"I don't think so."

"That's the only answer you know?"

"I don't think so." I said, chuckling and the next moment, Noel came running and pushed me into the couch.

Oh, war!

"Come on Ivy, punch him." Theo encouraged me and I shot him a glare which made him silent.

Fights between them were slowly crawling back and I was tired of sorting out their problems.

"Okay, I surrender." I panted, looking at him and sighed. "Only because I'm late."

"I'm out." I said, grabbing my bag and turned back. "Don't-"

"Forget to lock the door." Noel completed with a smile.

"That's not what I was going to say," I frowned, quickly thinking for something else. "Don't-"

"Fight. Behave like good kids." Theo said this time as they both stifled a giggle.

"Not that either." I said, defending my ego.

"What was it then?" Noel smirked, he knows.

"I forgot." I said turning and heard them laugh. "Bye, lock the door." I called out as I went to Annie's.

Weekends were peaceful since I didn't had to run from work to work. Also, Annie didn't have a rush of customers, which according to her, was because of the invention of smartphone. So, I had plenty of time to read and relax and to call my brothers.

By evening, I was helping a couple of school girls to choose a highschool romance story while Annie took a quick nap.

I smiled as they murmured about their party plans. I remember my plans with Sophie on how to enjoy highschool, to party, to date, to sneak out and stuff. The first thing that went wrong was Sophie herself moving out. Then, all the plans dropped one by one.

"Can I get a bully romance novel?" I heard that particular voice behind me.

I averted my gaze from the computer screen to the guy, standing right behind those girls.

He stood there, hands stuffed in his pockets, looking charming as usual with a hint of a smirk playing on his lips.

"A bully romance?" I asked, eyeing him and he nodded like a little kid.

"Yes, please."

I shook my head, turning to the girls. One was patiently waiting for my response. The other two were checking out Zack.

I mean, urgh!

Why does he do that? Why can't he sit in his car and listen to music?

I cleared my throat, trying to grab their attention. But my poor voice couldn't make them tear their gaze. Instead, I got Zack's attention.

"That's the section, right over there." I told them, pointing to the third shelf. "You guys try searching and I'll be there in a minute." I smiled at them and then turned to the guy I'm dating or boyfriend, like others called.

"What?"

"Bully romance, yeah?" I asked, nudging him with a frown and he laughed.

"Yeah, I wanna know all the possible ways Tyler thought he could persuade you. What better than a bully romance for that?"

"Stupid." I murmured, shoving him off and he let out a snort.

"Aren't you coming or what? It's five." He pointed to the clock and I nodded.

"Let me get them a book and I'm done." I glanced at them and he nodded.

"Okay, I'll be here."

After a brief ten minute search of a good book, they finally found one, making me free.

"What's your name?" I heard one of them ask, obviously to Zack because there was no one else.

I looked up to see him give a sweet smile. "Zack."

She was smiling hard at him and I know that smile. I've seen Sophie in this exact state once.

"Are you in college?" She asked again, trying to build a conversation right here, under my supervision.

"Yes, I am. You're in school, I guess?" He raised his eyebrow with a smile and I saw her nod.

"Here you go," I gave the book to her, hoping she'd stop flirting with him right in front of me.

"Thank you," said the blonde, who was the only one interested in the book.

"Would you mind giving your number?" The brunette asked and I found myself narrowing eyes.

Nuh uh, don't go there.

"Um.. I think I'm taken. Ask her," he tilted his head in my direction and my narrowed eyes were a bit wide now.
"Am I taken?"

"I think so?" I said, clearing my throat.

"You always think so." He groaned, grabbing my bag before I could and asked me to join.

"Yeah, wait." I said, slipping into the restroom and woke up Annie. "Hey, can I leave now or do you need to sleep a bit more? I can stay a bit longer if you want."

"Oh, no dear. I just... Ah, doesn't matter. Yes, of course, you can leave." She smiled, taking her glasses.

"Bye then." I smiled as she waved me a bye and walked out of the store, without looking at the girls.

"Ready?" Zack asked, leaning peacefully onto the counter and I gave him a thumbs up.

"Where's your car?" I frowned, looking around.

"At home?"

"You walked?" I glanced at him and saw him frown.

"Yes, I'm a human, in case you haven't noticed and I can walk. Surprise." He said faking an amused expression.

I think I've used the same words at him before.

"And for the record, I came here taking a bus. Like you." He added, smirking. "Besides, walking is one of the most romantic things, don't you think?"

"Hmmhm, I definitely do think that." I said smiling as he slipped his hand into mine and pulled me closer.

~

"Zack!"

Theo squealed, rushing into him and I  shot a glare at Noel.

Were they playing outside all alone?

"Noel," I said, starting to lecture him and he came to me.

"I'm sorry Ivy, but we wanted to play. We played the video game for so long and then Theo said we should play outside."

"And you let him? Maria isn't here, no one's here to look after you both." I said.

I don't want them to hear some drunk people complaining about their mom's debts.

"I'm sorry. We won't play outside again."

"It's not that, Noel. You can play outside. In fact, you should. But only when there's someone older with you." I said kneeling in front of him.

"Like Maria and Sasha?"

"Yes, like them. Just because you have powers to defeat any monster doesn't mean you've to invite them." Zack came to us with a wiggling Theo in his arms.

"Okay, so we have powers." Theo giggled.

That's what he understood? Great.

"Come in, let's make you some coffee." I said and all the three nodded, looking at each other.

That made me smile.

I'm sure Zack would never fail to entertain them. Whether it's Eskimo kisses or fight moves.

"Hey, kids." Maria came, just in time for coffee with loads of candies.

"Maria!" Theo's love for Maria was immense because of the candies.

"Yeah, my little boy. Hi Zack." She smiled brightly at all of us.

"Hey, Maria, doing good?" He stood up, letting her sit.

"Very well, dear. Evelyn, I don't think I can come here tomorrow evening too. One of our friends is hospitalised and she's alone with her husband. So we're taking turns to help them."

"That's fine, don't worry. Is she alright?"

"She's recovering, but slowly."

I nodded at her and offered her a cup of coffee. We spent a couple of hours talking before it was time for both of them to leave.

"Bye, good night." Zack said to us and finally added. "I'm staying with them tomorrow. So you'll have to come with Jake."

He waited for a few seconds, to see if I'm objecting the idea. When I didn't, he turned to leave. "See you tomorrow then."

"See you!" Boys shouted next to me and I smiled.

Thanks for reading everyone. Eight more parts and we're done! 🥰

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro