22:Takeover

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The above artwork does not belong to me.

A feeling of bone-crushing fear spread through Danny. His heartbeat quickened, and dread knotted his stomach. It made him want to run away and never face anyone ever again.

From the drop-off at the back of the cave, green light glowed. It intensified, brightening the whole room, until finally Danny's ghost sense went off.

He dared to look down into the pit, and saw an ecto-colored tear in reality. It was being pulled apart by strong arms, and once he saw those red eyes again, he backed away.

"He's coming," Danny whispered.

A chuckle rose from the hole, but this time it wasn't in his head. Everyone pressed against the walls as a figure rose.

His skin was pale green, hair flaming white. His eyes were the color of spilled blood. But worst of all was the DP insigna on his chest, which matched Danny's exactly.

The ghost laughed. "Danny Phantom! How are you? Let me tell you, I've missed the old me quite a bit!"

Danny's blood ran cold, and he started to hyperventilate. "You-- you murderer!" he shouted, stuttering. "Leave me alone!"

No one knew about Dan. The halfa had only ever told Sam and Tucker. Jazz and the rest of his family couldn't remember the alternate timeline.

But Danny remembered. He remembered every second of that fight, of being stuck in the future, of watching the ones he loved die. And the worst part? He could still become this killer. Someday, he might stare into his family's eyes and murder them. He would rather die than let that happen.

Dan laughed at the others' confused and fearful faces. "I suppose Daniel wouldn't have told you about me." He smirked, leaning forwards as he floated in the air. "The name is Dan Phantom. You could say that Danny and I go way, way back. Isn't that right, halfa?"

Jazz looked to her brother. "Who is he?" All seven faces of his friends looked to him.

The teen took a deep breath. "Dan . . . Dan is me," he whispered. "He's my future self, from an alternate timeline. If-- if my family dies, then he is what I could become. He has no human emotion, just power lust and . . . and hate."

They wore horrified expressions as the meaning sunk in. Danny couldn't bear to look at them. Instead he turned to Dan.

"How are you here?" Danny yelled. "You were trapped in the thermos!"

He smirked again. "Did you really think that idiotic contraption could hold me? I may exist outside of time, but my power is unrivaled by anyone, save for you."

The former halfa offered a Cheshire cat smile, showing off his fangs. "I think it's time for you to meet my business partner."

He snapped his fingers, his hand lighting with blue fire. Danny heard a cackling voice that he didn't recognize. Then he and the others sank into darkness.

Danny looked around. They were outside of the cave, in the clearing. Danny stood apart from the others, at its center.

Dan phased through the rock and floated in front of the teen. At the same time, there was a blinding flash of white light.

When it faded, Dan and a yellow triangle were hovering side by side, both glaring at the halfa. "Hey there, Spook," the triangle laughed. "The name's Bill Cipher, dream demon supreme. I don't think we've formally met." His eye crinkled as if he were grinning. "But I've been watching you!"

Out of everyone, Dipper and Ford looked the most horrified. Bill noticed, of course. "Nice to see you again, Pine Tree, Shooting Star, Six-Fingers. And you've brought friends!"

Bill glanced in the direction of the frozen shifter, blasting a ray of light from his eye. The ghost was free once again. It bowed. "Masters."

The demon pointed to Mabel. The shifter nodded, and flew into her body before anyone could say a word. She went limp.

"Mabel!" Dipper screamed.

A loud cackling could be heard over his sobs. Bill turned to Danny. "And now for you, kid. Wanna make a deal?"

"Don't do it, Danny!" Ford yelled desperately. "Bill can't be trusted!"

The halfa knew that, of course. "Oh, come on, Sixer, just let him hear me out." He narrowed his eye. "Don't you want to know why we're after you, Spook?"

Danny couldn't bring himself to speak. "You're the key," Dan smirked. "We have an interdimensional portal that goes three ways. We needed a stabilizer."

A stabilizer . . . Danny was a merging of ghost and human. But what about the third dimension?

Dan, knowing what he was thinking, grinned. "Time exists in the human world, the Ghost Zone, and the Mindscape. That time medallion from the last time we met left residual energy inside of you. Want to know how you, for just a moment, looked human while still having ghost powers? When you fought our enemies in the future?"

He leaned closer. "Your mind gave you what you wanted, Daniel: a perfect merging of your two halves. That shouldn't have been possible. But the medallion's energy locked a new power into place. You have almost complete control of your own mind. Why do you think it was so easy to defeat Nocturn? Why do you think you woke up first during his attack?"

Danny shook his head slowly. "No."

Bill laughed again. "Still denying it, Spook? Your body is the only thing in existence that contains elements of all three dimensions. So let's strike a bargain. You relinquish control, and I'll let your family live a little while longer."

Danny desperately shouted, "No way! I'll never do anything to help you!"

Ford placed a hand on the boy's shoulder. "They can't force you," he murmured. "So long as you don't agree, Bill can't hurt anyone."

The demon cackled knowingly. "Oh, really?" He turned to Dan. "What do ya say, Daniel Phantom?"

Dan still retained his smirk. "I agree to your terms." He shook Bill's hand.

Blue flames erupted along Danny's own fingers as Bill ripped him out of his body. "He didn't agree! He never said yes!" Dipper protested.

Dan scoffed. "Fools. Of course I agreed. After all, I am Danny Phantom."

Whoa, that was intense! Writing that scene was crazy. I've been waiting to write it from chapter one! This whole time, Dan and Bill had a perfect plan . . . But more of it will be explained via the next chapter. Who's excited? I know I am!

Only a few chapters left, you guys! Enjoy them! :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro