Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Montego ice shelf.

The group of three assassins was sitting on a slope 200 feet high from Brighton Technology's giant dome.
They were wearing white camouflage clothing, along with equipment and weapons which were also camouflaged. They can't be differentiated easily In this world of white snow. In the case of concealment of their existence, praise shouldn't be only given to their camouflaged clothing but also to these three people too.
Nobody else knows how to make themselves invisible in plain eyesight better than they do.

They were not ordinary mercenaries, All three of them were former members of the US Army's Delta Force- the force having the toughest training in the world.
they could have still served the country if they wanted. But they cared about themselves more than the country itself. They wanted money and power rather than serving sovereignty. That's why they have chosen the job of assassination over serving.

But that doesn't mean their skills have been rusted over time. Delta Force training is done to soldiers to become an infallible tool to kill people. They make mean killing machines.
They are incomparable in killing the enemy with skillful tactics and incredible speed.

They have proven themselves in the last six missions skillfully. Six people were removed from the face of the earth through solid planning in such a way that there has not been the slightest stir somewhere about those being murders.
But the three assassins were feeling helpless when they come to target number seven. 
Even if the work was possible through a risky course of action, they still succeeded in the assassination of Duit Gardner.

But there was not even such an opportunity here, let alone causing any 'accident'.
Time was running out. They were already two days behind the deadline.
They jumped down with parachutes on the ice shelf in the dark of night exactly seven days ago.
They couldn't do anything but run reconnaissance secretly ever since. The situation was becoming more and more unbearable - it may be possible to pass another day with the food left with them, but the weather was causing the most trouble. Spending the night without a good shelter in the arctic environment is like a curse.  When thousands of restrictions are imposed for fear of being exposed, then the whole thing becomes more painful than hell. Even if you light a fire, you have to make it small so that it makes less smoke.
The small tent that they have with them cannot be used unless it is night in a fear of getting spotted if it reflects sunlight in the daytime.
Because of taking a position on the slope, they have to endure the tyrant of the Cabatic wind all the time. This
Suffering cannot be compared to anything else in the world.

The team has survived only due to their strength of training, still, after seven days, the situation was such that they could collapse at any moment. 

The fierce-faced young man, the leader of the assassins had no desire to go through so much trouble especially when he realized that the target can't be killed masking it as an accident here only after keeping eyes on them for three days. He wanted to do the job in an alternative way, but permission wasn't given by their client. 

One hundred people or thirty security personnel of the research project weren't any problems to them. They had experience, skills, and necessary weapons to attack directly and go inside the facility and eliminate the target easily. But their client, In radio communication who identifies as Alpha-Zero...That person was very careful and not willing to use extreme methods unless compelled. 

Listening to this, this team of three which was named 'Alpha Team' in radio language, was suffering in this hell for the last seven days.
Alpha-Zero Ordered them to stay here until the supply runs out and to try to cause an accident until the last moment.

Lying on their chest in a small cliff-like place, the leader of the murderers and his assistant are keeping eyes on the research facility- their codenames were being used as Alpha-One and Alpha-Two.
The third member, meaning Alpha-Three, was sitting a few yards away
In the back, wearing headphones. 
A portable satellite dish one foot in diameter has been installed there facing the sky. with the help of it
They were monitoring the communication of the research facility with the outside world as well as maintaining communications among themselves.

Suddenly hearing a radio communication, Alpha-Three repositioned the headphone and concentrated on them. It wasn't like any other radio communication.
His eyes widened as he listened to the heated argument between the two sides.
He immediately lowered his headphones and shouted, "Alpha-One!
Alpha-One!!!"

"What happened?" the leader lowered his binoculars and looked at his companion with annoyed eyes.

"Big problem...everything is going to be ruined!"

"What?"

"A U.S. coast guard ship has contacted the facility. It is coming here within two hours to pick up Dr. Stanley Donnen. They said it is a national Emergency...They demanded that the facility needs to be ready to hand over Dr. Donnen when they come!"

"What?!"

"The facility is protesting, but the coast guard is not willing to listen," Alpha- three said, "they are saying, they'll be using force if obstructed."

"God damn it!" Alpha One hurriedly sat up, "contact with Alpha-zero right now!"

Alpha-three began to turn on the communication set and within a minute the response came from the other side, "Yes?"

Alpha-one wore the headpiece, "This is Alpha-one."

"What is the matter?"

"Danger...A U.S. Coast Guard ship is coming here in two hours to pick up the target."

"What?!" Alpha Zero almost shouted.

"You are not hearing wrong."

"Son of a bitch...!"

"Whom are you cursing at may I know? Curse yourself first. This is all your fault. I said, let me do it my way. let's finish the target. You didn't listen. If you sit on your comfy chair without doing anything even after two days behind the deadline, of course, something like this was bound to happen."

"Careful with that mouth, Alpha-one!"
Alpha Zero growled, "don't forget who I am! I planned the whole thing...Me alone! So far the plan has been a success...it is all because of me. How dare you challenge my decision!"

"All right, all right," said Alpha-One in a defiant manner, "I was wrong. Now tell me what to do." 

"When the back is against the wall, it is better to go straight into the action.
We have just two hours...can you get the job done within this time?"

"Tough, but not impossible. But the problem is elsewhere. After finishing work, What is the escape plan? Getting caught? surely you do not want that?"

"You don't have to worry about escaping. I have kept a helicopter for you on a glacier near Montego Ice shelf with a pilot, if you give a signal he can come and pick you up within twenty minutes. There is a camouflage net in the glacier, you can go back and just cover your tracks. No one can find you."

"Then we're getting into work."

"Go ahead. Be careful, no matter what, Donnen mustn't fall in the hands of the Americans."

"He won't," promised Alpha-One, "but there is one thing bugging me- why do the Americans want him? I thought no one knew about the Unos."

"Keep that question for later," said Alpha-zero, "It's important to shut his mouth first."

"Consider it done," knowing the code and frequency to signal the helicopter, Alpha-One disconnected the radio link.

Jin and Arya were thoroughly searched for half an hour and then brought to the security in charge of the research facility.
At the moment, they were sitting in two chairs, all handcuffed and being guarded by three armed guards. 

No one was talking, about forty more minutes have been passed in uncomfortable silence. In the end, Arya sighed, "can I get a glass of water? I am thirsty."

There was no reaction from the guards, who remained steadfast as before.

They even did not bother to answer.

"Rude!" Arya growled, "I am not asking for your monthly salary dude! It's just a glass of water!"

"Calm down," said Jin, "they will not do anything without order, let their superiors come, then you can try asking again."

The door seemed to be opened with his words. A new man wearing a uniform entered the room. Looking at the guards he asked, "did they cause any trouble?"

A guard shook his head, "that woman wanted water."

Arya's disguise wasn't useful anymore when they searched for both of them earlier.

"Give her water. Also, let them have some food too. They'll have to have the taste of beating anyway a little later!" His voice was sarcastic.

The guard shook his head and left the room.

"You'll get us beaten?" Arya gasped but the man didn't seem to notice the sarcasm in her voice.

"It depends on whether you open your mouth or not,"
The man sat down in his chair on the other side of the table, "but in my experience, industrial espionage agents don't open their mouths until they're given a taste of heavy beating."

"Is that your idea?" Jin said in a calm voice, "you think we are here to spy on behalf of another company?"

"Not an idea, a firm belief," the man's manner of speaking exuded confidence, "but you may have come to sabotage too. Which one is your intention I am going to know that very soon."

"You're wrong, Mister...?"

"Trevor Blickman. I am the security chief of this facility." Blickman inspected the face of the two prisoners one by one curiously, "may I know your names? Or have you decided to not open your mouth until we start to torture you?"

"I am Kim Seokjin. She is Araya Akaishi."

"Kim Seokjin?" Blickman frowned.

"Yes. We are not any industrial agent, Mr. Blickman. We are here Looking for Dr. Stanley Donnen for a completely different reason. I'm from an investigation firm..."

Blickman raised one hand, "just a minute, Kim Seokjin? I am very much aware of that name, sir. Before I got this job, I worked for the FBI for the last thirty years. The problem is, I saw a picture of that man. Sorry to say,
There is no resemblance in his appearance to yours. So don't try to fool me."

Jin pulled out the mustache and a set of retractable gum with attached teeth, "does this match?"

"My God!" Blickman said in a surprised voice, "you are really him, Mr. Kim Seokjin!"

"Do you believe me now?"

A cunning smile appeared on the lips of the shrewd security chief, "not at all, Mr.Kim, you have rather strengthened my suspicion by showing your disguise. I don't believe you. You're thousands of times more dangerous than an industrial agent.  Of course, you have bad intentions, that's why you entered the facility with false identities."

"Why are you thinking that?" Arya was annoyed.

"If the intention was anything good,
couldn't you come with permission from Brighton's head office instead of sneaking in?"

"We did not have enough time or situation to take permission."

"Is that so? What happened that you couldn't even have time or situation?"

Jin stopped and sighed,
"It is a very secret matter. I can't disclose it to you."

Blickman laughed. 
"Bummer! Mr. Kim. Do you understand it is such a terrible excuse? Why hesitate to tell me if there isn't any bad intention?"

"You are suspecting us for nothing at all, Mr. Blickman," Arya said angrily.
"What’s the point of us just lying? If you know us, you should know that we don't work for any damn company to come for industrial espionage!"

Chief of Security smiled, "yes, you don't work for any companies. But why would I exclude the possibility of you trying to help any company that is owned by people from your country? Especially when we know that some of your fellow countrymen have the biggest companies in tech sectors?"

"I told you, we just came to meet with Dr. Donnen, nothing else." unlike Arya, Jin was still calm.

"Don't say you came just to greet our most important scientist. What is your need with him?"

"You don't need to know that." Arya was still stubborn.

"Of course, I need to know. I need to know it before anyone else," Blickman's voice turned heated, "I want to know why that gentleman suddenly became so important overnight. You two came for him, one U.S. coast guard ship is also on its way. Why? What is the need?"

"Coast guard?" Jin frowned.

"Yeah. They almost threatened me- if we don't agree to hand him over easily, they'll use force. But why? What did he do?"

Both Arya and Jin were startled by hearing the news. Looking at each other, both said the same word, "Bulldog!"

"What?" the security chief frowned not getting the impact of the word.

"This is a serious matter, Mr. Blickman, we don't have time. It will be too late if the coast guard appears. We need to talk with Dr. Donnen, right now."

"Impossible, Mr. Kim. Dr. Stanley Donnen is key personnel of our research project. He knows every important information regarding our project. We won't hand him over either to you or to the coast guard. We have already informed the headquarter. The Directors are talking with the coast guard to resolve the matter."

Jin shook his shoulder in frustration- it was useless trying to make this man understand the gravity of the situation. As if he was another version of Bulldog himself- unnecessarily stubborn and opinionated.

One guard entered the room with a glass of water.
Arguments were heard outside through the slit of the door when the guard entered the room. Someone was trying to get in but the guards were stopping him.

"Let me in!" Screams were heard.

"What the hell..." Blickman stood up, opened the door, and confronted the
excited man outside the door, "Dr.  Donnen! What are you doing here?"

"Get away, Trevor. Let me in!"

"You shouldn't have come here."

The scientist pushed the security chief away, "move! I'll decide for myself what I should or shouldn't do!"

The old man forced his way into the room. His physique was small, there was a beautifully trimmed mustache over the lips. A pair of medium-powered spectacles were placed on the nose. His eyes exuded rays of wisdom and knowledge even through the lenses.

"You have a lot of work to do," Blickman complained, "It is not right to come to see two little prisoners casting aside your important works Mr. Donnen. We are here to handle them."

"How can I concentrate on work?" said Donnen annoyedly, "a coast guard's ship is coming to pick me up, don't you know? You can't stop them."

"It's not right to underestimate us this much, Doctor."

"You all braggers are just all about those dialogues, Trevor. I know your limits."

Annoyance appeared on the face of the security chief, "I don't understand why are you being so angry?"

"I want to see their faces before leaving," the scientist turned to the two prisoners, "I want to know who are they. Why do they want me dead??"

"Dead?!"

"Yes, Trevor," he said in a grumpy voice, "These two...They came to kill me!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro