[47] - a short guide on vectoring

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Here are some tips I want to show you about vectoring :

1. The ugly beginnings.

This is one of the first vectors I've made back in 8th grade :v.

The lines are rigid and crooked, NO SHADINGS, the fonts sucked, and i don't think it's even in the Wattpad cover's size... ew.

What I want to say is, you can't make a super detailed vector when you just started, like, yesterday. Even I still am learning to make my vectors more realistic right now.

2. Add your own style

Spice up your vector! Use your creativity and whatever techniques that make you comfortable. Such as, vectoring with an outline first, shading with an airbrush, or addding additional sparkles to their eyes, whatever you like!

Right now, I really like adding small white highlights on their hair which is inspired by anime since they have that white shine on their hair.

*it's really small so I hope you noticed those white dots on his hair.

3. Give yourself some rest!

I only vector when I feel like it, roughly on a monthly basis.

And trust me, if you took a break for three months then decided to vector again, you'll notice small - or even big - improvements!

Left : 10th November 2019
Right : 8th July 2020

Improvements :
1. I used more colors to shade
2. Neater hair strands and lines
3. I added make up and other soft shades with an airbrush.
4. The face looks more identical to the model. LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE :

*looks completely different, even her face shape is not the same... LIKE WHERE'S HER FREAKING NOSTRIL?!

*looks somewhat similar...?

Like I said, you won't get it the first time, I sucked at vectoring noses in the beginning.

4. Expand your range

If you are still a beginner, just shade with one or two colors only, then as you improve, add more colors to make it detailed!

If you just started then used, like, ten colors, you'll get physically confused. Here's the palette for the skin from the previous pictures above.

Later, you'll even notice the smallest different colors on the model.

5. FILTERS ARE LIFE-SAVERS!

These four are my go-to filters while vectoring!

1. Brightness & Contrast
If the color you used is too dark/light just go to this filter and adjust to your liking!

2. Hue Saturation Lightness
If, for example, the blue color you're using is too purple-ish and you wanted your blue to lean towards torquise then use this filter!

3. Change Drawing Color
If you want to change the whole color of a layer, just go here and pick your desired color!

4. Posterize
I rarely use this filter, but if you use it, the colors will seperate so you can see how many shadings you'll roughly use.

6. Be patient!

I really don't need to explain this, really. Vectoring takes a lot of time and patience. If you're not patient, then the result will suck. Listen to music or take short breaks, or whatever you're comfortable with.

The duration of making vectors are not consistent. For me, it takes two hours, some people take five, etc.

7. Different purpose, different layers.

Add new layers, people! Some people don't and it mildly infuriates me.

Each shading and base color should be on a new layer. So, if you make a mistake and want to start over, just delete that layer and make a new one.

8. Textures on clothing

I like adding textures on clothing such as denim, coats, etc. It makes it look a lot nicer and "realistic(?)"

Left without, right with texture. (Pay attention on the pants)

Textures can be different, whether it'd be random lines you make, using filters, or taken from Pinterest, it's up to you!

This is another example, I used the noise filter on his coat so it looks less like a sweater :v.

9. The little details.

It's the little details that matter, even if it's just an extra line or a particular color you use that really changes the whole vibe of a vector.

Even that subtle difference by using a certain blending mode really hits different.

That's it! Thank you for listening to my TED Talk-- I mean, my tutorial!

I hope this part helps both beginner and advanced graphic artists alike!

○ n o t e s ●

- any questions?

- can't believe it's already been around three years of me making graphic stuff.

- let me know what tutorial you want next since it's really hard to think of one.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro