#1. In Pursuit of Passion

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

They say, dreaming doesn’t cost money. You can dream your heart out, but then, you need to materialize your dreams. Tons of hard work will then take you a step forward to success. Ruhana Bisht believes so. She doesn’t back off from hard work; instead, she believes that when you work hard, you can achieve anything you desire. Life is small that it comes full circle, and you always get the fruits of your hard work.

She’s an amateur fashion designer, trying to set her foot in the fashion industry. Just graduated, Ruhana wants to get some experience before starting her own fashion venture. She has started freelancing, bidding on some projects that satisfy her fashion instinct and pay her well. However, she’s looking for a job in a company; she wants to build goodwill before she begins her own venture.

It’s a fine day, and Ruhana is sitting at her desk, her face mirroring the soft glow of her laptop screen. She’s intently coloring her ethnic lehenga, using digital tools. After all, she’s going to send some soft copies of the designs to her clients. Of course, these orders come to her through companies, and she’s the sole designer who holds the rights to her pieces of hard work. As she finishes the task, she smiles, pleased with the work she has done. She looks at the sketch and the colored design on the laptop screen.

“It’s so beautiful, Ruu,” her long-time friend, Prisha, stands beside her, inspecting the design.

“Yeah, the colors make all the difference, Prishu,” Ruhana chuckles.

“And we’re taught to sketch with pencils, how I wish we could use colors while we sketch,” Prisha says, her tone slightly irked.

“Pencil is the key, Ishu. I mean, if you start using colors, that’ll go wrong. A little more hard work doesn’t cause any harm,” Ruhana explains her view, and Prisha smiles.

Prisha and Ruhana have been childhood friends; they studied in the same school and college, and now, they’re looking for jobs. However, Ruhana is a fashion designer, while Prisha is an interior designer. She likes to design homes and loves to fill others' homes with love and warmth.

Prisha is working with Dreamscape Interiors; it’s been her ideal place to work, and it is owned by her idol in the designing world. On the other hand, Ruhana is still looking for a job; she hasn’t found one yet.

Prisha praises her efforts, and in the meantime, her phone rings, cutting through the silence settled in her room. As she receives the call, she’s happily surprised, not anticipating the call she received. It’s a call from a fashion business she’s heard about, Style Haven. Ruhana realizes that three months ago, she sent them her CV and details, and now they are reverting back, giving her the opportunity to lead the fashion team at Style Haven.

She jumps on her toes before assuring them she will meet them the next day. They disconnect the call, and she twirls Prisha around, her happiness palpable.

“What happened? Kiska phone tha?” Prisha asks, curiosity piqued.

“Style Haven se phone aaya tha, Ishu. Maine unko teen mahine pehle apne documents aur kuch designs bheje they, they called me today. Aur wo chahte hain ki main unki design team ko lead karun, this is unbelievable,Prisha,” Ruhana says, her tone filled with excitement.

“I told you, you will get the best. See, this is the best thing that could happen to you,” Prisha chuckles, her tone filled with genuine affection for her best friend.

“You’re right, Prisha! I will be meeting them tomorrow. We’ll discuss everything; they said they want to take a personal interview,” Ruhana tells her, her smile never fading.

“That’s great! All the best, Ruu! I’m sure you will nail it,” Prisha hugs her.

“I wish I do. This is happening after a long time,Prishu. I have anticipated this phone call like forever, and now it comes. I hope this turns out to be another beautiful adventure,” Ruhana says, her smile radiating her happiness.

“It’s better late than never, Ruu! Maybe, this job will be perfect for you. You lost other chances; maybe, they were not good for you,” Prisha says, her tone soft.

“Yeah, I agree, Prisha! I am glad it came up. It’s time to live the dream, ain’t it?” Ruhana asks, gazing at her best friend.

“And to give a treat to your best friend, too,” Prisha suggests, and the two friends break into laughter.

“Of course, Prishu. Let’s go for lunch. I’ll just submit these designs, and then we will head for lunch at our favorite place,” Ruhana offers, and Prisha agrees.

With a smile etched on her face, Ruhana gets back to work. She assembles her designs and sends an email to the client, suggesting they can connect over a call if they have any doubts about the work done.

As she completes her work, she shuts down the laptop and gazes at Prisha, who’s now grooving to her favorite songs. She gazes at her affectionately; this girl has been by her side through all the thick and thin. She is a gem of a person, and Ruhana is lucky to have her by her side.

Since last year, on Prisha's insistence, Ruhana started freelancing, and it has benefitted her. Also, her art of writing has played an important role in bagging this job at Style Haven. Yeah, she’s a fashion blogger, and she keeps sharing her insights about fashion on the blogging website. Prisha often calls her the all-rounder, but she dismisses it. However, that’s her secret: she reads, writes, and designs dresses that keep her happy.

Ruhana comes out of her reverie when Prisha calls her name, and then hugs her in the next instant. Prisha is amused but reciprocates, while her friend thanks her again.

“Tu meri dost hai, dosti mein thank you nahi kehte hai, and you should be happy. You will be starting a job you always wanted,” Prisha says, her tone a mix of excitement and concern.

“Yes, it wouldn’t have been possible without you, Ishu. I am so glad to have you,” Ruhana says, her tone filled with genuine admiration and love for Prisha.

“Mutual feelings, Ruu. I feel the same. And we will embrace it all beautifully. Come on, let’s go for lunch,” Prisha says.

Ruhana nods, she freshens up, and thirty minutes later, they are on their way to their favorite eatery. Prisha is driving, and Ruhana has her gaze fixed on her. Their bond is a testament to the love and loyalty they hold for each other, and Ruhana knows that with Prisha by her side, she will face any challenge or obstacle that comes her way.

It’s a new beginning after all.

To Be Contibued.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro